Quote Originally Posted by killinformula View Post
Just wanted to add another bit of information... I followed this write up and it went amazing using the EMPI CV, so thank you Merlin! There are two things i would add:
1) if the tie rod gives you trouble, use a pit-man arm remover (can be rented and then returned from auto parts store) -- it took 10 seconds to get the rod out
2) To just clarify on the re-install...turn the rotors toward the front of the car and by removing the second bolt from the bump stop makes it even easier to first slide the CV into the bearings of the rotor area then slide the other end into the green cup

Now for the band that came with the EMPI CV:
The band is fairly easy to install but you will need a CV band tool (could only buy and then return from an auto parts store, could find anywhere to rent) as stated by Merlin. Just face the part of the band that will be crimped toward the front of the car, and then get under the car to see better and use the tool in the hole between the A-arm and the rotor, it gives the best angle for crimping.

Once again thanks for the write up, it was very clear! I was going to take pics of my job but you covered it very well.
Glad it was helpful, but dude, its marlin, not Merlin, merlin is one of our Zu contacts out of St Charles, MO.