Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Camping at Portal RV

Thumbs up

Swede,
    Group site "A" is the closest group site to the pavillion. Things should work out well.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

As long as I have a place to throw the tent I will be happy!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

According to their drawing, group site B is right behind the pavillion. Group site A is behind the showers/restrooms and there is no close parking...

http://www.portalrvresort.com/w/site-map-res.pdf
    --Dave

Huh, I think it's lame they did that... just sayin. I'll either leave the dog at home so I can stay there this year or I'll have to stay at a friend's place.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    According to their drawing, group site B is right behind the pavillion. Group site A is behind the showers/restrooms and there is no close parking...

http://www.portalrvresort.com/w/site-map-res.pdf
    I'll have to park next to the pavilion and put my tent just behind it sort of...either that or sneak an extension cord into the pavilion before I go to bed.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

I dont need to plug in my laptop in my tent. Its just kinda cool to post up the days events at the end of the day before turning out the light, or watch a dvd. But my laptop runs about 3 hrs on battery. I'm going to have to figure out how to do my air mattress though. My pump is 120 volt and the mattress is WAY too big to fit through the door once inflated. Takes a lot of air to fill a queen size double height air mattress.

Depending on where and how I set up my tent you may be able to use my extension cords. Gonna bring about 150-200'. This is why I said site D was better.

I didn't get group site "B" because we would have to leave on Friday the 14th.
    "A" we can keep it until the 15th.
    Peace.
    Tom

15th? several of us are leaving on the 16th. I thought the site was originally booked 10th-16th?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

As long as all Y'all happy campers can find your way to the ROCK...eva'tang gonna be O-tay...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    I dont need to plug in my laptop in my tent. Its just kinda cool to post up the days events at the end of the day before turning out the light, or watch a dvd. But my laptop runs about 3 hrs on battery. I'm going to have to figure out how to do my air mattress though. My pump is 120 volt and the mattress is WAY too big to fit through the door once inflated. Takes a lot of air to fill a queen size double height air mattress.

Depending on where and how I set up my tent you may be able to use my extension cords. Gonna bring about 150-200'. This is why I said site D was better.
    I will have several DC to AC inverters with me. Feel free to borrow one if you need it...
    ________
    Watch xxx
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Huh, I think it's lame they did that... just sayin. I'll either leave the dog at home so I can stay there this year or I'll have to stay at a friend's place.
    I'm bringin' my dog...they're allowed at Portal, right?
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

If you look at the campsite map, the dog area was by campsite c. looks like there's some private tent sites, with parking the same as the group sites, so maybe if there's enough people to fill the group sites, those with dogs could camp nearby in the tent sites, we're all going to park in the same place anyway. However, if we could tell them we already had pets booked, and needed C, maybe they would hook us up.

If I can come I have a mattress inflator, that has it's own battery. I'll bring that, or for $8 at Walmart, you can have one yourself. Charge has taken me through 3 weeks of camping, moving every few days, still had plenty of charge when I got home, have had it for 5 years. Also had 1 that ran off the cigarette lighter, but it wasn't good for walk in sites, and didn't hold up as long, though it was lighter..

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4 View Post
    I'm bringin' my dog...they're allowed at Portal, right?
    Menace is considered to be a member of one of the "aggressive breeds" and therefore is not allowed at the Portal Campground. I have gotten away with having him there in the past (barely) but that was cuz we weren't in the middle of all the buildings and I said he was a greyhound.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Menace is considered ... a greyhound.
    LMFAO

Put a 'lectric fan on him & he'll be considered a Great Dane???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    LMFAO

Put a 'lectric fan on him & he'll be considered a Great Dane???
    No, he already has an electric fan and that brought out his inner greyhound - that's why he is so tall and fast!