Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This Place kicks ***

This Place kicks ***

I was just about to post that my vx now almost problem free after 3 weeks of work after purchasing it and about an additional 2k invested was burning oil in a bad way. Thanks to forum, I see this is a common thing. Almost caught it to late however. Noticed at 2500 miles after oil change that there was black build up on eshaust tip immediatly checked oil to see I was almost a full three quarts low. Guess I should read more on here before I freak out. On up side think purrs like a kitten and is fun as hell to drive just installed new sound system, Shocks all around, new rubber, fog lights, any one have a line on any complany that make a sigle din cup holder setup for the space where the old cd changer was I hate the pockets and need a spot for my beer I mean soda when I'm back in the woods on my property lol again love this place

Well, thank you kindly for the words! made my day!
    Scott / moncha.com

Quote Originally Posted by p_justin13 View Post
    ...any one have a line on any complany that make a sigle din cup holder setup for the space where the old cd changer was I hate the pockets and need a spot for my beer I mean soda when I'm back in the woods on my property lol again love this place
    Search ebay for a Taurus style single DIN cup holder. You'll most likely find some there. I think I picked one up for 10 bucks. It isn't the best though, since it's a bit too close to the dash the way it is recessed in. I remember one member here modified his to stick out further, making it more useful. I'll probably try to do something similar myself.

Congrats on getting the VX "up to snuff", and yes, keep a close eye on your oil consumption. I check my oil, and usually have to add some, at EVERY gas fill up. Some people have had some luck reducing their oil consumption by cleaning the EGR valve and changing the PCV often (+/- every other oil change).

There are a couple of people here who have installed a cup holder in the spot that you are talking about. I THINK it's a Taurus cup holder, but I can't remember the year. Someone had a few that he was selling so hopefully someone will chime in.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)

Try these

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...rus+cup+holder

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...rus+cup+holder

I have this in my VX and it's usable, but not perfect. As stated above, it just sits a bit close to the angle of the dash to really fit down in the holder. The one on the passenger side is pretty good.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I found one company that makes an awesome cup holder setup in australlia but there is no contact info on the site to get ahold of them I'll give the taurus one a shot cheap solution for now I guess lol

"Euro jr" cup holder

I bought the Euro Junior for my VX..although I still haven't installed it.. my bad!

Think I paid about $15 or so for it. Can't recall from where, let me know if you want more info.
    Here's some pics from "Cobrajet" that has it installed. Just another cup holder option for ya to consider....
    [/url]

I also bought this one and it works really good! I needed 2 cup holders anyway, so it's perfect. Completely out of the way of my right leg when driving. It's intended for a BMW, but I just measured the tunnel and called the guy and he directed me to which model would work best in the VX.
    http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/
    Last edited by VX KAT : 03/09/2010 at 12:56 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I agree with you about this site being extremely helpful, especially when you're knew to the VX. I recently picked up the taurus cup holder and its not perfect but better than nothing. Its the cheapest cupholder option, mine cost $2.50 at U pull and Pay. Like everyone else said, you may want to consider other options depending on how much you'll use it.
    Last edited by VXorado : 03/09/2010 at 01:09 PM

[Never mind found one! ebay strikes again United Kingdom I thank you
    Alright last two question for anyone out there.
    1. Anyone have issus with the backlighting on there climate control unit going on and off majority of the time stays off
    2. the damn doors locking when slamming either of the doors, found to be really annoying here in the midwest when warming up car while scraping off windows mother f@@cker was said more than once this winter

Cup Holder

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIN-Car-Carbon-F...item35a77232b1
    Last edited by p_justin13 : 03/09/2010 at 03:50 PM

I've been using the Euro Jr. cup holder for many years and still love it. They have 'em at Pep Boys and Walmart. It's adjustable and lockable. I drilled a hole and used a bolt with a double nut, so it stays tight in place.

An old film photo from my archives-

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by p_justin13 View Post
    I found one company that makes an awesome cup holder setup in australlia but there is no contact info on the site to get ahold of them I'll give the taurus one a shot cheap solution for now I guess lol
    Send me the details if you like (internet address etc).
    I can be a bit of a blood hound for a good cause.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

The exact model I was looking for that I had found in Australia I just found on ebay from a company in the UK, have one shipping as we speak there are more at this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIN-Car-Carbon-F...item35a77232b1

carbon fiber covering my whole dash so it fits in very nice
    It was a bit pricier at around 49us shipped but not bad comming from the uk

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    I've been using the Euro Jr. cup holder for many years and still love it. They have 'em at Pep Boys and Walmart. It's adjustable and lockable. I drilled a hole and used a bolt with a double nut, so it stays tight in place.

An old film photo from my archives-

Mark
    Mark- Did you have to file/dremel down your Euro Jr. on the one edge to get it to fit in the square hole?

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Mark- Did you have to file/dremel down your Euro Jr. on the one edge to get it to fit in the square hole?
    No, I didn't have to mod it at all. We're goin' back like eight years here, so today's model could be slightly different. If ya wanna do the bolt 'n nut deal, ya have to remove the console. The sticky-back velcro along with a sheet metal screw should suffice. I tend to do my own thing which sometimes goes a little overboard.

Mark

That cup holder from the UK looks similar to the first one I tried - after install I couldn't get anything to fit in there - the pockets for the drinks are too close to the surface when extended. That's why I went to a Taurus version - it extends a bit before the pockets. However it still didn't allow for much - why I extended the entire unit from the surface of the dash (see the second forum link posted above).

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"