Thread: UK LPG Conversion Prices

UK LPG Conversion Prices

I got some costs for a conversion although the costs may go up due to finding a suitable location for a tank thats not in the boot.

So, FYI .....

Dear James,

Thank you for your enquiry about converting your ISUZU vehicross to LPG .

With unleaded petrol and diesel prices extremely volatile and LPG duty frozen there has never been a better time to convert your car to alternative Half PRICE fuel LPG.

'Save money and reduce pollution'.

I would also like to point out that there are no hidden extras with BATTERSEA AUTOGAS and all our IV generation Multi-Point Sequential Injection System installations come complete with:

Our prices include:

* Complete system installation using LPGA approved systems.
    * Largest available doughnut or cylindrical tank for your car
    * LPGA Approved Certificate of Conformity
    * Collection and Delivery (Please ask for details)
    * Free 1,000 mile courtesy vehicle check
    * Full warranty - 2 years parts and labour
    * Hire car for only £18.00 per/day
    :-) * PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BEAT ANY WRITTEN LIKE FOR LIKE QUOTATION GIVEN BY OUR COMPETITORS BY £50.00

To summarise our quote

Note:

Below you will find LPG installation costs for different makes of systems we use and Approved to install by UKLPG (formerly of LPGA) Association and give certificate for.

We always advice and Install the most appropriate and suitable conversion equipment for your vehicle.

Equally importantly we make certain that the equipment is fitted by the most appropriate, approved and recognised engineers we have.

LPG System 1: BRC Sequent System (Latest Dual Fuel Sequential Injection)

Cost of Conversion: £1399.00 + VAT (Very reliable and recommended system, best system in the market)

There are other systems we can and approved to install and their prices as follows:

LPG System 2: LIMA (Prins Product) Sequent System (Latest Dual Fuel Sequential Injection)

Cost of Conversion: £1295.00 + VAT

LPG System 2: PRINS Sequent System (Latest Dual Fuel Sequential Injection)

Cost of Conversion: £1,699.00 + VAT

LPG System 3: BIGAS, OMVL, Lovato or Romano Sequent Systems (Latest Dual Fuel Sequential Injection)

Cost of Conversion: £1236.35 + VAT

LPG System 4: NLP Sequent System (Latest Dual Fuel Sequential Injection) (This system comes with one year parts and labour warranty)

Cost of Conversion: £1099.00 + VAT NOT RECOMMENDED

This means that once the conversion is paid for you will start to save approximately %50 of your annual spending from your fuel bill.

If you wish to spread your costs we have a number of finance options available so please call us to discuss it.

Our new innovative service consists to collect and deliver your car at your premises or to a location of your choice. Please ask for details!!!

We look forward to hearing from you!

I&C iNVESTMENTS LTD t/as Battersea Autogas ,

LPGA Approved AUTOGAS CONVERSION & Mechanical CENTRE

20 – 30 BUCKHOLD ROAD, BUCKHOLD BUSINESS CENTRE

LONDON , SW18 4WW

Office: 0208 871 22 33

Mobile: 0785 352 69 70

Technical Director direct line: 0871 2000 933
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Combi Tank

Hi CR, If I were to go for a LPG system, I would go for a combi tank which holds both gas and petrol. this allows you to switch between the two. Petrol gives more power and it also allows you to go to a ordinary petrol station if you run out of gas. It cost a couple of hundred more but I believe the extra cost is worth it. It is interesting that the company should offer a doughnut tank as they are usually used to replace a spare wheel under the truck. A doughnut cannot be used on a VX. As for a cylinder tank, this usually goes in the back. I wouldn't personally want that either.

I had my Audi converted a few months back to a BRC system by Capital: http://capitalautogas.com/ who are quoting the same price.

The BRC system is very good and I would highly recommend it. Contrary to what Kirk says, these modern systems have no noticeable difference in power - I can't even tell whether they are running on gas or not! You can't get rid of your petrol tank as these systems start the car on petrol and then when it is warm it switched automatically to gas. You do not notice the switch. There is a button on the dash that allows you to switch back, but there is no reason to. They are computer controlled and if they detect a fault they will switch of the gas system and you can carry on with petrol. Again, if you run out of gas, the system switches seamlessly to petrol.

The donut tanks are the norm, but as you can't have one, you'll need a cylinder in the back. Various sizes are available and as you are kitting yours out for cargo, it shouldn't be a problem. Combi tank is a nice idea, but it will make both sides very small and it will be expensive to make and fit. They really shouldn't charge much or anything extra for a cylinder as it will be easier to fit.

Some points to note though....

As the car still starts on petrol until warm, you will still be buying petrol! My Audi switches over in about 1-2 miles, depending on ambient temperature. Starting a warm car switches almost immediately. So if you do lots of short journeys, think again!

Gas is not quite the 50% saving they say.... Petrol currently 120p per litre - lpg around 70p per litre.

Running on gas, there is no change in performance, but you will have a slight mpg drop. my Audi went from 25mpg on average to around 22.

Using abroad is a PITA. Every country has a different nozzle, so you need to take adaptors with you for each country you visit. LPG vehicles are not allowed on the Chunnel.

Anyway, any other questions, or you want ot have a play with the Audi, just ask!

Cheers

Nick
    Last edited by alterastro : 03/04/2010 at 08:51 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

A Play with the Audi ??? !!! ???? whoohoo,

don't let me play with things as i normally do this : http://www.youtube.com/user/crotchro...14/8mJlY6sxIZ4

LOL - being a quattro you may have trouble drifting it, but as its a 2.7 twin turbo V6 with 250bhp it should still be a laugh

With all the expensive problems I have had since I bought my Vehicross a month ago I can honistly say that the LPG system hasn't been one of them.
    I notice NO drop in power when it switches to LPG infact the only downside I have found with it is that it is more stuff that would need to be removed if YOU NEED TO TAKE THE HEAD OFF because you have NO compression on 1 cylinder.
    Anyhow.. I have an 80 litre tank mounted where the origanal petrol tank was and a custom made 25 litre petrol tank beside it. Works well because I still have a boot

Quote Originally Posted by FuddyMucker View Post
    With all the expensive problems I have had since I bought my Vehicross a month ago I can honistly say that the LPG system hasn't been one of them.
    I notice NO drop in power when it switches to LPG infact the only downside I have found with it is that it is more stuff that would need to be removed if YOU NEED TO TAKE THE HEAD OFF because you have NO compression on 1 cylinder.
    Anyhow.. I have an 80 litre tank mounted where the origanal petrol tank was and a custom made 25 litre petrol tank beside it. Works well because I still have a boot
    IIRC, one of the few downsides of LPG conversion was that it burns hotter and slower. This results in burnt out exhaust valves.
    If you are lucky, this will be your engine problem.
    If it is, replace them all while you are in there.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Mr Crotch

Love the 300ZX vid, had one in the US the other year, you don't want to swap for a Saab turbo soft top do you ?????

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Mmmmm LPG conversion????

No I'll stick to my plan for twin turbos

Col

Quote Originally Posted by BritVX View Post
    Mr Crotch

Love the 300ZX vid, had one in the US the other year, you don't want to swap for a Saab turbo soft top do you ?????

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Mmmmm LPG conversion????

No I'll stick to my plan for twin turbos

Col
    Sorry dude, i sold the 300zx!!!! It was an AMAZING car, i LOVED it to bits, i just couldn't afford the cost and time to keep repairing/maintaining it

So you bought a Vehicross.... Right...

(and after seeing that video you're NOT getting a shotty of my RX-8!)

Quote Originally Posted by alanbradley View Post
    So you bought a Vehicross.... Right...

(and after seeing that video you're NOT getting a shotty of my RX-8!)
    No seriously, that 300zx was 70% new by the time i sold it, it broke down every week!!!

And an RX8.....ppfftt shildsplay