Thread: Thinking of Selling?

Thinking of Selling?

I've been knocking around putting Mr.Proton up for sale. Kind of want to get an idea of what it's worth. It's a 2000 with 107,000 mile but only 56,000 on the new Trooper motor that was installed do to the dreaded oil consumption issues. It's in pretty good shape, couple rock chips on the hood, one ding on the door just below the window. New bigger tires, new brakes, cladding is excellent, interior is 9.5 out of 10 no tears or cracks. Remote start, tinted windows and an aftermarket stereo. The only issues is the passenger window rolls up crooked (sometimes) and the rims are starting to peel. Any clue to a good asking price and if any interest will post pics then...to cold and crappy in Omaha to take pics and he's a little dirty right now, won't do him justice!
    Last edited by Offroad vx : 11/03/2010 at 04:13 PM Reason: fixed items

no can say

To give a price with no photos let alone an in person inspection is worthless. In addition the ABS could be anything form minor to major affecting the price by over $5000, the rims peeling could affect up to $400 the cost of new rims if it is bad and losing air.

There are a few listed for sale so read through those threads & see if you can make a determination based on that.

There's also a thread on how to disable your abs & turn off lite. If you aren't gonna fix it, you may want to do that (I think it's just a matter of bending over a pin on one of the connectors). You should be up front and honest with the buyer and let them know though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I sent you an e-mail with a Excel attachment that I kept while looking for my Dragon.

Should provide you with enough information to see what the market looks like.

If you need more information just let me know.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Thanks alot!! I see ones listed on cars.com they are anywhere from $6,500 to $12,500. Figure the newer motor has to be worth something. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad vx View Post
    Figure the newer motor has to be worth something. !
    That either works with you or against you.

It can be argued that you solved a problem so its worth more. However, it can also be argued that you are no longer selling a complete Vehicross.

....just my 2 pennies.

Omaha L/U

Offroad,
    I tried emailing you before. I would like to link up before you sell, if you're serious about selling. My daughter just got her learners permit and we're thinking about a car for her. She doesn't exactly fancy getting in the back of mine for a ride, but I bet she would enjoy driving one! I'm in Gretna, 402-332-3082. Bren.
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I sent you an e-mail with a Excel attachment that I kept while looking for my Dragon.

Should provide you with enough information to see what the market looks like.

If you need more information just let me know.
    Hey Mile High, would you mind sending the attachment to me as well? I'm kind of in the same boat but I fixed the ABS issue and thankfully it wasn't as bad on the pocket as I feared.
    Thanks in advance.

Workmeistr, I will definately get ahold of you when I decide to sell. I have my new email listed now, sorry still had my old one on here. I've seen you once tooling around town, love the red color, yellow would be a great compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    That either works with you or against you.

It can be argued that you solved a problem so its worth more. However, it can also be argued that you are no longer selling a complete Vehicross.

....just my 2 pennies.
    Actually it is a factory motor, it was put in do to excessive oil consumption while still under warranty