Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My RWD VX :-(

Just to be sure...
    Are you certain NO front wheel is spinning when in 4Lo? Your front diff is open and even when in 4Lo only one wheel will spin.
    Yes, "4 wheel drive" is not "4" wheel drive! One of the biggest marketing lies out there...
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I had rear drive only about two months ago. I only noticed it trying to back up hill in the snow. My top notch 'Zu guy found a half-shaft had a splined end totally stripped. I'm not sure exactly what part it was. I needed a new half-shaft. He was gonna show me the part, but I got there right at closing and didn't bother. Very costly, the part and mucho labor.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Hmmm, anyone that sells you a 'Dragon Ironman' is probably not being entirely honest about that vehicle since there was no Ironman in the Dragon color.
    I noticed that my insurance company has mine listed as a Proton Ironman. I tried to get them to correct it but I don't think they ever did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

That's crazy that you guys can't feel it in 4Lo. When I shift into 4Lo in my VX, I can idle up the side of a mountain. Meaning, I can FEEL the extra pull from the front end. If you can't feel that, there is definitely something wrong. Looks like everyone has got you on the right track though.

Bart

JKeopka,

Did you get this sussed out? Don't leave us hanging...

Dude... I'm losing sleep here...

I just installed a TOD on/off switch and my TOD display lights up whether the TOD is on or not. This is because I have the cable from the TOD ECU going to a 20 ohm resistor to trick the TOD ECU into thinking that it's connected and not give a bunch of error lights. Apparently, the electronics that operate the TOD lights come from the TOD ECU and not the TOD clutch or solenoid. So the TOD display is telling you how much power the TOD ECU is sending, not how much is acctually getting there.

First, as has been suggested, look for an unmarked switch. I can't feel any difference when mine is switched, so you may not be able to tell what it does right away. Maybe take it off road.

Second, take out your passenger seat and look at the electronic thing that looks like a small amp. That's the TOD ECU. If the light blue wire that is coming out of it has been diverted, then that is your issue. You either need to reattach it or connect it to a switch. I would recommend the switch assuming that it was diverted, in the first place, for a reason.

^^^^^ Good thinking
    Didn't even think of the previous owner installing a TOD On/Off switch.

Do the lights move up and down when slipping in AWD mode? If not, that could be your simple fix.

Edit: Wait MattLewis your TOD lights actually do light up when slipping? Then I guess you will have to check under the seat. My TOD ON/OFF switch sends me a "Check TOD" Light I thought the resistor just got rid of the check light not actually make it look as if TOD was working.
    Last edited by AlaskaVX : 02/26/2010 at 02:05 PM
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......