Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RC crawler video

RC crawler video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0LFl...layer_embedded

This is pretty cool. It's amazing how a lot of them look so real!
    nznsi

That was awesome. I couldn't turn it off until it finished. I liked the Jeep at the end. Nice finish!

Very cool! If it wasn't for the RC radio parts, it would be hard to tell from the real thing.
    Scott / moncha.com

Yes, that was way cool. I got so immersed watching the video that I thought the vehicles were real normal size, and that the human bystanders/spectators were actually super-giants!!! Everything seemed to be to real scale, and then seeing the human people kinda' freaked me out as giants from another planet.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya, those are pretty rad. i would rather spend the money on a real offroad rig though...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

i like the 'Fitness - GaGa for Tight Buns Workout' video in the suggested links more

But yeah, those are cool, i've wanted one for ages but i think my girlfriend would disown me !
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

What is the powerplant on those?

Those are the Oregon boys, they all seem to do great work and have one of the best clubs in the nation. A few of them opened their own RC shop because of the gaining popularity of RC crawling. Those are technically called "scalers" instead of "comp rigs" but Scale Comps are gaining popularity as well. JH, some of the motors are brushless out-runner style units but some of them are brushed, high-turn, low RPM, high-torque motors. The hobby has evolved really quickly from the days of having to create your own, like when I got started. Back then lathe motors were used because of their design and function. Nitro (gas) motors don't work at all for crawlers because of the high RPM and heat they put out. Tech put into electronic speed controls has come a long way... again, back in the day, you had to just make something work. Nowadays tho, you can get a crawler specific ESC, hook it up to your computer and download all kinds of settings to suit your specific rig. If anyone wants to get involved in the sport - pay a visit to Holmes_Hobbies. John Holmes is an awesome guy and really knows his stuff... he is happy to help you choose different combos of setups for whatever you have or are looking at.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Thanks for the info. I wondered what they ran to be able to go through all that mud and water. Something I really want to look into now. I have a huge denali 4x4 - but its battery op, one battery per axle so its tough to a certain point. And right now its flipping out (plug a battery in and it shoots forward without command)

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I wondered what they ran to be able to go through all that mud and water. Something I really want to look into now. I have a huge denali 4x4 - but its battery op, one battery per axle so its tough to a certain point. And right now its flipping out (plug a battery in and it shoots forward without command)
    Are you turning on the transmitter before the receiver? That's the simple cause usually, but of course with the toy-grade Denali you have you can just expect things to give out. If you are getting interested in the sport, the rig of choice (to me) for beginners who want to take an R/C out to do just about anything is the Traxxas Summit. All it's electronics are water proof, it also has 2 speeds so you can jump stuff OR crawl over it... of course, it will cost you $500 'Ready to Run'! But you can bash it, jump it, crawl it, mud bog it, stream run it as soon as you take it out of the box and charge the battery... Traxxas is a good brand as well. Otherwise, I have seen waterproofing solutions like sealing your electronics in large condoms. And since I always have Magnums around... j/k! Balloons also work. Castle Creations offers some good brushless products that have withstood all kinds of water running. There is even a video of the motor submerged in a bowl of water... working just fine. Li-po batteries don't deal with moisture very well tho... if I remember correctly.

Great video, I showed my wife the orange sammy/raider, she didn't believe me that it was RC!!! Amazing.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    John Holmes is an awesome guy
    And his movies are classics!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    And his movies are classics!
    HAHA! That's why I listed his name...

How many of the "young" generation on here are scratching their head wondering "who is this John Holmes guy"?
    Of course they are probably googling it right now!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    How many of the "young" generation on here are scratching their head wondering "who is this John Holmes guy"?
    Of course they are probably googling it right now!
    damn, you older guys are smart.... and 100% right..