Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

For tabs check out Balistic Fabrication. They make some really nice stuff and their prices are not to bad either.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

For tabs check out Balistic Fabrication. They make some really nice stuff and their prices are not to bad either.
    Exactly, that's who I got those rod ends through. They make a great product. I wish they had some better axle trusses though. I am wanting something along the lines of one of these:

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Jeebus. Now that is B E E F Y!

Bart

Jeebus. Now that is B E E F Y!
    Knowing me, would you expect anything less? Overkill is the point at which others balk and I scream "Not enough!!"

If you like those, these are the diff covers I'm thinking about.

But with the (not yellow) diamondplated option:

Damn, son, if you finish this project, it will be EPIC.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post

Maybe I worded that poorly, I wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone at all. I am just tired of getting excited about stuff and then it just falls off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again. I just want to bring something to the table that is real and tangible. Something that says: "Here you go, this is how it's done." Instead of: "Oh wouldn't attaching JATO bottles to a VX be cool." Oh no, buddy. Are you saying the world doesn't revolve around me?! Kidding, I was just trying to say, I know exactly how you feel... that's why I figured you needed that kick in the pants moral support!

Here's some pics of where I'm at with this right now, just so we're all on the same page.

Here's the gaping engine bay:

Dude, seriously, you have the ugliest VX I have ever seen!

Here's a couple shots of the engine since it got modded (yes, I already know the intake is on backwards. I put it on that way on purpose): Can you kids say "In-cab air cleaner"?
    Alright... I have told Bart like 3 times I want to go to Reno to visit... enough 'flights of fancy'... time for a flight! I just checked and I can fly round trip for about $100! I would have to leave on a Saturday morning and return on a Tuesday tho and May looks like the earliest open schedule at that price rate... Is there a time in May or June that you guys have free to camp out or turn wrenches or shoot projectiles? Or all 3? I mean come on, we have the option to work on 3 different projects at Bart's house and of course I would love to be a part of the VX3500! Plus we have multiple crazy guns to choose from to shoot in the middle of the desert! Reno is shaping up to be like my own Disneyland!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Damn, son, WHEN you finish this project, it will be EPIC.

Bart
    BOOOO!!! I fixed it for you.

Justin, come by any time, I have a spare room for you whenever you're in town. I have about a month and a half off right now, so get over here!! We'll camp, shoot guns, do a little wheeling, do a little(ok, a lot) drinkin'. Plus, I still have my HD tie rod's, and since I won't be using them and I never got around to making you any, consider them incentive to come hang out.

Here's a couple shots of the engine since it got modded (yes, I already know the intake is on backwards. I put it on that way on purpose): Can you kids say "In-cab air cleaner"?
    Think of it as proper mounting direction for rally roof scoop snorkel system.

Justin, come by any time, I have a spare room for you whenever you're in town. I have about a month and a half off right now, so get over here!! We'll camp, shoot guns, do a little wheeling, do a little(ok, a lot) drinkin'. Plus, I still have my HD tie rod's, and since I won't be using them and I never got around to making you any, consider them incentive to come hang out.
    Well that's a gracious offer, my man - if I had more vacation time available I would stay 4 or 5 days. But those discount flight tickets I mentioned... they just sold out and prices now start at around $250! Figures... so anyway... I'll see you on Friday Feb 26th! I'll be hanging around until Monday morning March 1st... There is nothing quite like spontaneity, aye? This will be an awesome trip!!! I wish I could assist with the drivetrain trial fit this weekend tho...

P.S. - I started Photochopping for ya last night... stay tuned!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

so, beau... you gonna take the extreme offroad 'ghetto' method i've seen of beefing up competition tires and sawzall every other block of rubber off those tires???

give yourself some serious gaps between tread to grab with...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Best thread EVER!

Living in Louisville, KY area -seems so uneventful now.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Best thread EVER!

Living in Louisville, KY area -seems so uneventful now.
    X-2...oh wait, living in Fargo was uneventful BEFORE this thread...

Now it's uneventful AND meaningless....

You GO Beau!....

Justin, A W E S O M E that you are coming to town!!

As I said last night, we have a spare room so me and Beau are gonna hafta fight over you. It's not every day the Lord Of The Cock Rings is in town so I won't let him hog you all for himself!!

So, lots of beer, lead flinging and wrenching is on deck!!

2010 is shaping up to be a fun year!

Bart

You know what would make 2010 even better Bart?

MOAB!!

Sorry, just kickin' $#@*.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Justin, A W E S O M E that you are coming to town!!

As I said last night, we have a spare room so me and Beau are gonna hafta fight over you. It's not every day the Lord Of The Cock Rings is in town so I won't let him hog you all for himself!!

So, lots of beer, lead flinging and wrenching is on deck!!

2010 is shaping up to be a fun year!

Bart
    Yeah dude, I'm so jazzed! This has been a long time comin! Already, I have as many trips planned to Nevada as I do to Moab this year! Tis good year, ya!

Here we go... back on track...

Before:

Proposed Progress:

I don't know what is taking you so long Beau. So far, I have only spent 7 hours making a 1-ton VX! I'm still cleaning stuff up - the shadow sucks! I need to find some hubs and lugs to throw in there too. Beau, is there anything specific you would like to see on this? Anything you don't like or want me to fix?