Thread: Additional US VX sales info

Additional US VX sales info

edit
    Last edited by deermagnet : 02/08/2013 at 12:36 PM

Is it possible 13 VX's got lost in the ports of entry. Maybe their just sitting around the country waiting to be found..brand new. I'll bet none of them are Protons tho.....hard to mis-place a Proton. Unless you're color blind like me and they look like Kaiser.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Perhaps they counted dealer demo cars or there were unwind deals. Meaning someone bought it on the 28 of FEb, didn't get financed or brought it back for some reason in March. Now it is reported as sold in Feb, and then subsequently sold again as new in March to the next guy. If it was never registered, it wouldn't show as used and would end up sold as twice. I got a good deal on a Nissan Versa that way, hadd 1100 miles, but was still considered a new car.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

When I was talking with Larry (crossman), he mentioned that a ship sank at sea on the way over with some Vehicross' on it...never heard that before, but maybe that explains the discrepancy. (Interestingly, I do recall reading the first batch of Volvo XC90s coming over here sank).
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I'd bet that some of them was used for crash-testing, two was converted to VX-O2 and VX4, etc.
    2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS (build in progress): 4JX1/A340/part time, 2" body lift, front Aisin hubs, rear Aussie Locker, 4.56 gears, OEM rear sway bar disconnect, AirFlow snorkel, cabin air filter
    1980 Jeep Cherokee (assembling): 1.5" body lift, TBI, HEI
    1987 AMC Eagle: stock

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    When I was talking with Larry (crossman), he mentioned that a ship sank at sea on the way over with some Vehicross' on it...never heard that before, but maybe that explains the discrepancy. (Interestingly, I do recall reading the first batch of Volvo XC90s coming over here sank).
    Are you sure they weren't taken by Pirates?

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Are you sure they weren't taken by Pirates?
    They heard VX, and vem Pirates thought that VX marks VE Spot!

(Hummm.... We did get the Treasure didn't we!)
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I forgot to post this the other day, but I did a Google News Search of all their news sources from 1998-2002 and couldn't find any reports of sunken cargo ships carrying automobiles in the Pacific Ocean. Several accounts of cargo ships going down in the Sea of Japan and elsewhere in the Pacific, but they were all carrying other types of cargo (gravel, iron ore, petroleum, etc.).

Sounds like an urban legend to me.

Yeah, maybe crossman will jump in here and correct my recollection of our conversation, I'd like to hear it again.

But just cuz it's interesting, here's stories & pics from the cargo ship that went down in the English Channel 12/14/02 with BMWs and the Volvo XC90s I referenced. (It's from the wrong ocean so it has nothing to do with the missing VXs...minor thread jack, sorry )

Here's some picture perspectives you don't see everyday......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Tricolor

http://www.tricolorsalvage.com/pages...asp?pageid=582
    Check out all the different tabs on this site, very interesting!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/off...-wreckage.html

could have been used for

Promos across the country or advertising racing etc

I know Peter Reid was given use of one for winning Ironman Hawaii when 'Zu was the title sponsor. Not technically "sold" so maybe not counted in the sales report....probably a few others used for this type of promo. One was also used as the lead/clock vehicle with a custom paint job (wonder where than one is hiding out).
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

There was one ship which didn't sink but sort of tilted on the side. I've seen the documentary or read an article on how the recovery crew was sent in to straighten it out and they did. All the cars were written off tho, as even those which didn't suffer water damage spent about a month or so vertically and manufacturers decided to cash in on insurance rather than invest in testing required to release these cars to the market.