Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another 'Should I Buy This Vehicross' Thread

Well, I finally saw and drove my first vehicross yesterday and definitely think it would be a lot of fun to own one.

I didn’t actually get to drive the one that is for sale – its in storage, under a cover to keep it clean and as the weather was so poor yesterday the dealer wasn’t keen that I take it out but I did drive his own one so have got a bit of an idea now. I’ll need to go back and have a proper look at the things you’ve all mentioned and drive it of course but assuming no problems it will come down to money and whether a deal can be done.

Basically he’d sort out an MOT but there are a few things I would also want him to sort out before I’d have the car. He did volunteer the fact that the cambelt should be changed given the age of it rather than mileage (but he didn’t think the tensioners needed to be touched) and that an oil change wouldn’t hurt, so I’d want him to sort out those two things. There is also the marking on the paintwork on the driver’s side caused by the rain when it was stored, I’d want him to get that done as well – it’s not a large mark but it does detract from what is otherwise a car in pretty good nick cosmetically. I think I could probably persuade him to throw in a nose bra (?) and some roof bars as he vaguely mentioned them as being available. Where I’m really struggling is what is a fair price for all that – Is £6k reasonable for that package, in view of what others have said there might still be a bit of room for manoeuvre?

Personally I think £6k is too much. Apart from the mark it is in very nice condition and very low mileage, but bear in mind I got mine in almost immaculate condition with less than 50,000 miles for £2.5k. The Cambelt is worth close to £1k. I got a bra on eBay for £30 and the roofbars do set you back about £300 if you can find them. I guess it depends how badly Clive wants to sell, but if you are prepared to pay, go for all the items mentioned and offer something less than £5k and be prepared to haggle.

Good Luck

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

Help... Whats a nose bra
    I may have one but I still don't know what one is...
    Ebay item number?

Lol - Its a bonnet protector....