Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Should I buy this VehiCross?

Yes she was in a poor way, and yes the screen that don't work is the headunits.
    Well after looking into it a bit closer I have found that the screen does work you just can't see anything on it because the back light has gone, when on radio if you shine a torch into the screen at an angle you can just about make out what station your on.
    Have had a little look on other posts but it seems that alot of people dont repair it when it breaks but just replace it with a better unit like a Alpine IVA-W200 which is touch screen, dvd and works fine with the revercing camera.
    http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=404
    I will look in to fixing it before spending that sort of money.
    As for the TOC system... well also not good, if it is in anything but 2 wheel drive then all the dash wheels flash check. Not sure I want to know whats wrong with this....

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Another option for the Headunit, look out for ones that have been taken out of jap import cars. they have the same type of setup etc reversing cam option. the name for the plug is CCD.

Bad luck on the Tod, tho im sure its all fixable!

Yeah my head unit had the same problem when I got mine. It did work intermitantly if you banged the dash! I swapped mine as the radio is japanese (I couldn't understand a word they were saying ) and so only have a limited frequesncy range. I swapped mine for an older version of this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-LCD-2-DIN-In...item35a65fe317
    Works a treat!

It's possible that the TOD is just a bit sticky if it hasn't been used for a while. Try a mixture of shifting the lever and moving the car backards and forwards a bit. If you keep doing it it may free it up. The TOD is vacuum activiated and sometimes just needs freeing up.

Good luck

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

this might be a quick fix, but I suspect you'll have already tried this, but the AddZest radio/camera display has a display dimmer on the left of the unit. It hasn't just been turned down to minimum has it?

Hi Alterastro that looks like a cheaper option but how did you connect the camera if you dont have a CCD input? did you need an adaptor?

Hello Kirk and yes I have played with that but it makes no change to the display, would have loved it to be that easy though, thanks anyway.

Just changed my insurance over and was suprised how cheap it was to insure, £320 Full Comp (£250 excess) or £200 3rd party

if you have a Video in on your headunit (single yellow composit cable) the VX has a video out from the camera located on the control box in the boot, ints on the left hand side next to the Jack. just run a cable into the head unit, doesn't matter if its red, yellow or white. They are the same cable!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Hi FM, yes its about the same insurance cost 4 me but I'm 45 and I live in Cheshire. CR is somewhat younger and he lives in London. Saying that last year I was with Directline - full comp was 500 (500 ex) with 8 years ncb so it's worth shopping around. CR will tell you more but I remember an adapter was used.

Kirk

Sorry its off topic, what insurance are you guys with as mines up at the end of the month

I went thru gocompare and the cheapest was "the policy shop", a little more expensive but still low on the ex was the RAC. Did have a problem with "the policy shop" as they initially forgot to include the proposal form with the doc pack - not a good sign as to their customer service (but u get what u pay 4)

PS went back to Directline - they were 100 quid more expensive and the ex was 500 not 350
    Last edited by kirk hilton : 01/18/2010 at 06:45 AM Reason: ps

I'm 32 and my did mine through Adrian Flux, Very good customer service

I cant use the comparison websites as i hav mods

James I'm with Sureterm. Have a look at their website: http://www.sureterm.com/4x4-insurance/ and give them a ring for a quote. I've found them to be the cheapest for my Paj, VX and Audi. Greenlaning and off-roading is covered and mods aren't a problem. When you ring, say you are a member of the Four Wheel Drive Club (which you are!) and you'll get an extra 15% off.

But.... having said that, it always pays to shop around, as what is good for me wont necessarily be good for you. So also try

Adrian Flux - Also offer members 15% http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/cgi-bin/...ource=FouOWN01

or

Noel Dazely http://www.noeldazely.co.uk/4x4.html

Please let us know how much each quotes you - be very interested to know.

@FM - yes as Crotch says, just run a cable from the adaptor box in the back.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks for your help Nick. Am with Flux at the moment and used my 300zx.co.uk membership for a discount, now thats run out it's great to know i can use your site's

Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    James I'm with Sureterm. Have a look at their website: http://www.sureterm.com/4x4-insurance/ and give them a ring for a quote. I've found them to be the cheapest for my Paj, VX and Audi. Greenlaning and off-roading is covered and mods aren't a problem. When you ring, say you are a member of the Four Wheel Drive Club (which you are!) and you'll get an extra 15% off.

But.... having said that, it always pays to shop around, as what is good for me wont necessarily be good for you. So also try

Adrian Flux - Also offer members 15% http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/cgi-bin/...ource=FouOWN01

or

Noel Dazely http://www.noeldazely.co.uk/4x4.html

Please let us know how much each quotes you - be very interested to know.

@FM - yes as Crotch says, just run a cable from the adaptor box in the back.

Cheers

Nick

Hi James - i am with AF too - fixed payout of £7k if damaged and they don't repair it £330 per year
    cheers
    Steve
    Isuzu Vehicross 3.2 V6 24 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by FuddyMucker View Post
    Well thanks to all of you guys who have advised me for and against buying this truck (well for buying it anyway, no negitive coments at all).
    I left my house this morning at 4:30 am and got to Bangor north Wales at 9:30 after missing all the traffic on the motorway, at Bangor I removed �3300 in cash before driving across the bridge in to Anglesey for just after 10am, I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked over this so called imaculate truck to find it dirty (really Dirty) with poor interior. The pictures he had used were from a year ago when he bought it! not only was it in a bad way the blowers don't work, the bonnet didn't shut tight, the radio works but the 5" display does not, so no sat nav or reversing camera!
    The mechanics of the truck looked and sounded fine and the history with it is very good but I was not about to give him the �3300 cash, more like a fat lip after driving that far!
    Any how we did come to a deal in the end but I can't say how much (�2680).
    So after just getting back home again I can say I am very happy with the truck, I love it, it just needs some TLC once more.
    Any advise from you boys on the screen? it has power and runs the radio fine..
    Any how I am nakered and of for some rest
    Thanks again
    FuddyMucker

ps, can I be in your gang now...
    was not how you say and you have been caught out on this forum before . truck was as described and I sold it to you for £3000