Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy this VehiCross?

OK Hands Off this Truck Guys, I'm Buying it

It seems like the added intrest of calls about the truck is making him think not to drop the price for me by a couple hundered. If you contect him tell him it's worthless (joke)

I think I'm going to tell the seller the VX is worth a lot more (even with a high mileage the LPG improves it's value). That way the value of my own VX will be maintained rather than continue an depressing depreciation since buying it.

Kirk

WELCOME to another UK member!!! The green VX your looking at was the FIRST VX i ever saw a picture of. It was on Auto Trader in Feb 09 when i was searching for an automatic 4x4. It was about four and a half grand back then so i'd say it was a bargain, also has the rare JDM spotlights and bracket ( like mine ) I've looked into gas conversions and they are at least 1,600 quid and the VX loves its fuel! so i'd say go for it.

I love modding cars too and have spent some time and money on my VX although not as much as i'd like yet. I've loads more to do (currently installing an on board air system, its almost complete but the compressors too week so i'm swapping it for a Matt Savage VIAR one)

Take a look at this thread!!! Suprisingly the CLEAN silver one is Alterastro's before he christened it the other silver one with bull bars is Alan Bradley. Were going to get some meets together this year so hurry up and buy it!!

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...hlight=UK+Meet

Mine's the middle one (usually black )

Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Well thanks to all of you guys who have advised me for and against buying this truck (well for buying it anyway, no negitive coments at all).
    I left my house this morning at 4:30 am and got to Bangor north Wales at 9:30 after missing all the traffic on the motorway, at Bangor I removed £3300 in cash before driving across the bridge in to Anglesey for just after 10am, I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked over this so called imaculate truck to find it dirty (really Dirty) with poor interior. The pictures he had used were from a year ago when he bought it! not only was it in a bad way the blowers don't work, the bonnet didn't shut tight, the radio works but the 5" display does not, so no sat nav or reversing camera!
    The mechanics of the truck looked and sounded fine and the history with it is very good but I was not about to give him the £3300 cash, more like a fat lip after driving that far!
    Any how we did come to a deal in the end but I can't say how much (£2680).
    So after just getting back home again I can say I am very happy with the truck, I love it, it just needs some TLC once more.
    Any advise from you boys on the screen? it has power and runs the radio fine..
    Any how I am nakered and of for some rest
    Thanks again
    FuddyMucker

ps, can I be in your gang now...

whoohoo, good news mate!! Congratulations what a steal!!!!

Dont worry about the head unit, the Nav doesnt work in the UK anyway. I swapped mine for a ripspeed one and hooked the camera up to it. Works fine!

As for the blowers there are a few threads on it, do a search, you should find something!

Fuddy, you've fallen in with some bad company. However I'm sure you will need a very nice lookin bird to wash your VX.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Hi and welcome!

Mine's the mucky one to the right of Crotchrocket's piccy (normally silver-ish).

As regards off-roading, they're blooming competent. I'd recommend putting on some decent tyres, taking it for a run and then going from there. Mine has a slight lift from springs and some decent-szed tyres and will happily go anywhere a Lightweight Landy will go and a damn sight more comfortably. I get told off for "not entering into the spirit of it" when I complain about my CD skipping and the aircon being a little blowy when the Landy drivers are so shaken about they can hardly walk and covered in a film of dust.

Body protection is a pretty good thing to have given that the shiny bits and the see-through bits are the expensive parts to replace is you get things wrong. I had mine made my Billsons Steel in Kettering and they will still have all the steel profiles in their CAD system. More than happy to pass on Glynn's pohone number if you're interested...

I love mine and have no intention of selling it.

Alan

FM, as soon as you found your way to our little part of the WWW you where part of the gang (we call it the family, though)

WELCOME and congrats!
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Thank you Guys

I have spend 10 hours on it today,
    cleaning the engine bay (like new, wow)
    cleaning the inside which has also come up nice (shame about the missing rear speaker cover)
    removing the blower fan only to find it jam'd up, freed and oiled, now working lovely.
    This truck really is growing on me.

Off to try and fix the display screen now

Wow, it must have been fairly abused. Poor thing...

How's the transmission, TOD, etc? Does it drive okay?

A

Hey guys don't forget me - i have one too
    seems we need to have a UK meet soon
    Cheers
    Steve
    Isuzu Vehicross 3.2 V6 24 Valve

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Aww dont forget me ! just kidding!

Whats wrong with the display screen? (guessing the headunits screen)

Less its in good hands now!
    Congrats on your purchase

GRATS on you VX ,,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Welcome to the UK clan!

You definately got a good buy there, well done

We're all looking forward to regular reports of what and how your doing!

Quote Originally Posted by alanbradley View Post
    Hi and welcome!
    Mine has a slight lift from springs and some decent-szed tyres and will happily go anywhere a Lightweight Landy will go and a damn sight more comfortably.
    Blimey Alan - I think I must have a different model to you then? or have you changed the shocks too?

The FWDC have a couple of events coming up - one at Hogmoor at the end of Feb and one at Slab at the end of March. Maybe we can all get together then for a bit of muddy fun??

Cheers FM and enjoy!

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.