Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Only 4 months to Moab...

Portal is still the same as it was last year. They still have the same tent spots and the group area. The upscale area is the area where the cabins and open field used to be. I am sure there will be a lot of Zu'ies pitchin tents...myself included.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Ya know all those pics on the Portal website were there last year, and threw me off. That must be completely on the other side than where we were, none of that was even visible to us from the RV spot we had, the tent area or the group meeting area....it's like two different parks, although the part we were in was OK and being close to the big group area was good.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Portal is still the same as it was last year. They still have the same tent spots and the group area. The upscale area is the area where the cabins and open field used to be. I am sure there will be a lot of Zu'ies pitchin tents...myself included.
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Ya know all those pics on the Portal website were there last year, and threw me off. That must be completely on the other side than where we were, none of that was even visible to us from the RV spot we had, the tent area or the group meeting area....it's like two different parks, although the part we were in was OK and being close to the big group area was good.
    Good to know, thanks for setting me straight on that....

Well its been canceled on my end ..I have to be boss again.. damn. but Im going to quit next year if they dont let me go ....hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Seem unlikely that Portal sold a lot of lots in the last year...I'm guessing they still have the group tenting sites as before.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Well since my employer made me work every day (including weekends and holidays) over Christmas/New Years, I now have an abundance of vacation time and could consider going. Still on the fence though, right now it looks like less than 50% chance unless maybe tom4bren is willing to caravan...
    Not 2010. Start bookin 2011 tho ... hell or high water, I'm there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Yeh...for the most part i guess...
    I thought the saying was what happens when you poop! Stays in your shorts!

I've saved up the vacation time but we got stuck with a furlough day each month with comes out to a 4.62% deduction in pay. Along with a rise in our health insurance, I ended up taking an 11% cut in pay this year. I'll be tight, but even if I have to walk out there, we'll be there!

Can't wait!!
    Scott / moncha.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    but even if I have to walk out there, we'll be there!

Can't wait!!
    Excellent Bossman!
    Just made reservations at the "STOOP" room 108 just like the last several years.
    I think they like us there.They are giving us the 15% discount again.I didn't even have to ask for it!! MOAB...MOAB...MOAB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Not 2010. Start bookin 2011 tho ... hell or high water, I'm there.
    Yeah looking like 2011 will be better for me anyway. Trying to recover from some unexpected bills this winter plus we're bidding on a huge contract right now that would have me tied up most of the spring and summer if we win.

Btw, interested in helping me install these Kilby plates? Wife and I were thinking of heading up your way this week or next to visit our friends in the 'Burg, so we thought we'd at least stop in. Plans not solid by any means, just thought I'd give you a heads up.

P.S.S We're buying the food this time.

We're supposed to get hammered again this weekend with snow but stop by ... y'all are always welcome. Bren hasta work all weekend so I'll just be hangin round the house trying to finish a few of my 1/2 done projects.

i REALLY want to go to moab this year. All you guys have been awesome and it would be great to meet those going and joint the holiday.

Claire obvoiusly isnt into VX's as much as me but would be MORE than happy off roading through the kind of scenery i've drooled over from the previouse Moab trips. She also wants to see things like the grand canyon (not a million miles away i believe?? ) and have a proper holiday too.

What else is 'near' Moab?? not that the treip wouldn't be enought but some negotiating points would be helpfull when getting claire to agree that our holiday this year should be with you guys!!

Also, this really would depend on someone giving us shotgun for the trip ( and poss a drive ) as i dont think a hire car would be up to it!!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Oh my. Moab is right next to Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park, two of the most beautiful natural rock formation areas in the world. They are like within 20 miles from each park. Don't know if she's into the nature stuff but it's spectacular. Also, the Grand Canyon is about 7 hrs from Moab (383 miles, 616 km), which is awesome. Google those parks and you'll see the iconic picture of the rock arch that is always used to symbolize that areas formations.

Remember I'm always looking for a relief driver so you can have some seat time in my VX if ya want....you and Claire can take it alone and I'll ride with hubby...now there's a novel concept, eh?
    Last edited by VX KAT : 01/27/2010 at 01:07 PM

Plan for 2011. Fly into Dulles Airport (Washington DC). I'll pick you up & we'll RV cross country. Bren wants to see Grand Canyon too (& maybe Mt Rushmore).

Edit: Hey KAT - look who types too slow now

SEE
    Last edited by tom4bren : 01/27/2010 at 01:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Edit: Hey KAT - look who types too slow now
    heck, I even edited it twice...what are ya doing, work or somethin'?

Tom, you going to reserve the group campsite again at Portal?