Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yep...that qualifies...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow Yep...that qualifies...

AS WAY COLD......

The mercury dipped down to somewhere between -26 to -33 degrees below the doughnut tonight, depending on which weather report you wish to believe...

I'm not complaining, since I choose to live here, but DANG...that's a cold bugger out there tonight!

On the plus side, Suzy cranks over & lights right up, like she can't hardly wait to go tearing around in this uber icebox I live in...

Took a cup of steaming hot water from the coffee machine outside & made my own personal ice cloud... VERY little water hit the ground.

See this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJzEwP8uea4

I tell you, the ways to entertain myself in weather like this are almost endless!

The craziest thing I've seen so far? The guy who walks laps around my parking lot for exercise most mornings at 0530...IS OUT THERE THIS MORNING!
    I think I'd better keep a camera on him, just in case he freezes up.

Hope all my VX Fam is staying warm & toasty this winter....
    Last edited by Ldub : 01/02/2010 at 05:40 AM

I guess you are talking Fahrenheit?? not Celsius??

That there be damn cold.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    I guess you are talking Fahrenheit?? not Celsius??

That there be damn cold.

PK
    Right you are Sir!... -33 DEG F

Just heard an update on the telly, we made national news...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Ahh the changing of the seasons!
    Windchill this AM...22 degrees
    1st White Christmas in 60 years, at least for a couple of hours!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post

Just heard an update on the telly, we made national news...
    That is just crazy and unhealthy I think! Its in the 30's here at night, and I cant do anything but keep lots of layers on and not go out! LOL
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Winter has hit here in Orlando too. High around 50 today with a low near freezing tonight and a few nights this week. Don't think i can make any ice clouds tho. I'd try it if T4B was standing around close by...lol...j/k, bet there'd be more than water hit the ground, would be worth it tho.
    Did get to enjoy a white Christmas in Okla this year (100 miles North of Scott Harness) woulda loved to have the VX in the snow...don't think hardly any vehicles moved for 2 days. It's funny, they don't have the equipment to handle even a light freeze and people don't have a clue of how to drive.
    To live in an area that gets to -33 by choice, only confirms what some suspect of you Ldub....there's a VX'r in Austin Texas (can't think of her name) but she has a name more appropriate to you..or a portion of her name....
    One time when i lived in Lubbock Tx...it got really cold like that..I was out walking around and found this very unusual clear blue thing laying in the snow (about the size of you fist). I took it in and set it on the table, it thawed and went (insert the sound of passing gas here). That's just way too cold.
    Last edited by handeeman : 01/02/2010 at 09:26 AM
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    handeeman you cant think of my name? I just posted before you LOL......and I HATE the cold....I was in Orlando over christmas, thank goodness I missed out on that cold you have now!

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    handeeman you cant think of my name? I just posted before you LOL......and I HATE the cold....I was in Orlando over christmas, thank goodness I missed out on that cold you have now!
    I was having one of my senior moments...j/k..i fiured Ldub would know to whom I was referring lol. I agree with you 100% about the cold....been thinkin of maybe a summer home in Fargo tho.

This winter in Reno has been the coldest I have seen it since I moved here 3 years ago...

Bart

I know what you're going through Dub....it ONLY got up to 72 today...Bbrrrrrrrr!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I know what you're going through Dub....it ONLY got up to 72 today...Bbrrrrrrrr!
    OK, Billy's done it again 'bout his weather.....let's all get him back this summer, when it's 110 or so in Tucson , call up this thread and give him your temp (well Handee you may need to skip this one as Orlando in summer is wayyyyy humid).....
    In August I'll be able to write we're enjoying a balmy 80 or 85, 17% humidity up in my mountains, how 'bout you???

'course we've learned he loves to torture his body, so maybe he likes riding in 110? j/k
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 01/02/2010 at 04:28 PM

30+ years of Tucson summers...I have sort of climatized. The heat does't bother me to much...just wear minimal clothing (I only own 2 pair of long pants) and drink a LOT of fluids. But I HATE cold weather. I would much rather brave the dry heat.
    Snow is nice...if I can drive there, play, and then leave it behind! Mt Lemmon is only 2 hours to the top, 5ish if on my bike! Or if I want to be more adventurous I can go up the back "road" which I have been itching to do after we get a few fresh feet of snow on it! Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    30+ years of Tucson summers...I have sort of climatized. The heat does't bother me to much...just wear minimal clothing (I only own 2 pair of long pants) and drink a LOT of fluids. But I HATE cold weather. I would much rather brave the dry heat.
    Snow is nice...if I can drive there, play, and then leave it behind! Mt Lemmon is only 2 hours to the top, 5ish if on my bike! Or if I want to be more adventurous I can go up the back "road" which I have been itching to do after we get a few fresh feet of snow on it! Should be fun.
    oh yer no fun!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i love the cold. personally.... its the damn heat that i cant stand...

anything above about 70 and im miserable.

although, -33 is too much for me. i feel for ya dub.

im comfortable in my regular shorts and a t-shirt up until about 10 degree's then i have to get the pants out.

it works the same way in reverse billy, your acclimated to the warm, im acclimated to the cold.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden