Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yep...that qualifies...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post

Mark
    Thanks Mark, that'll be interesting to watch tonight, to see how low it go...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    although, -33 is too much for me. i feel for ya dub.
    No worries Jack, yer old uncle is pretty well insulated...
    Add to that, several layers of warm clothing, a big furry rabbit bomber hat, Sorel -100 Blizzard Boots, a neoprene mask, & a pair of Ice Armor gloves, & it's all good...
    The only drawback is the fact that I take off, & put back on more clothing in one night than the average stripper...
    Last edited by Ldub : 01/03/2010 at 03:55 AM Reason: I like editing...;-)

hey dub i am sure been asked over and over but what do the locals think of the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    hey dub i am sure been asked over and over but what do the locals think of the movie?
    Most think the linguistic profile of the area was a bit over done, but we all dispose of at least one person per year using a wood chipper...

So that part was pretty accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Thanks Mark, that'll be interesting to watch tonight, to see how low it go...

No worries Jack, yer old uncle is pretty well insulated...
    Add to that, several layers of warm clothing, a big furry rabbit bomber hat, Sorel -100 Blizzard Boots, a neoprene mask, & a pair of Ice Armor gloves, & it's all good...
    The only drawback is the fact that I take off, & put back on more clothing in one night than the average stripper...
    I like the cold better than I used to.I just don't like wearing 50# of clothes!
    Shorts,Teva's and T-shirt for me
    I keep the house very warm, so all the clothes have to come off when I get inside
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Now that's cold baby!

This post could go here or in the 3 mystery hoses thread....

OK, (insert Mark's 2 custom frozen icons here)

DONE !...

Good plan Dub, to wait a bit before messing with the bonnet! Growing up in Pittsburgh, one month in my last semester of college it was in the - teens for about 3 weeks. Had a '77 Celica, hood opened from the windshield side, & had to shoot ether into the carb each morning to get it started to get to college. One morning during "finals week" doing that when it was like -19, one of the hood hinges just broke off...frozen metal just sheared off...so just closed it up, drove on as I had to take those finals. Luckily the hood closed the way it did so it couldn't fly up while driving. Brrrrrr!

Another morning that week, the door wouldn't latch after I got in, the latchy thing was frozen and wouldn't engage. Had to crank the heat to high, drive around a parking lot hanging onto the door handle until the cabin warmed the door enough to latch....Brrrrrr!...

OK, definitely confirmed my decision to move to Calif after graduation!
    Last edited by Ldub : 01/03/2010 at 10:24 AM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    This post could go here or in the 3 mystery hoses thread....

OK, (insert Mark's 2 custom frozen icons here)

DONE !...

Good plan Dub, to wait a bit before messing with the bonnet! Growing up in Pittsburgh, one month in my last semester of college it was in the - teens for about 3 weeks. Had a '77 Celica, hood opened from the windshield side, & had to shoot ether into the carb each morning to get it started to get to college. One morning during "finals week" doing that when it was like -19, one of the hood hinges just broke off...frozen metal just sheared off...so just closed it up, drove on as I had to take those finals. Luckily the hood closed the way it did so it couldn't fly up while driving. Brrrrrr!

Another morning that week, the door wouldn't latch after I got in, the latchy thing was frozen and wouldn't engage. Had to crank the heat to high, drive around a parking lot hanging onto the door handle until the cabin warmed the door enough to latch....Brrrrrr!...

OK, definitely confirmed my decision to move to Calif after graduation!
    Yah sure, you betcher boots doncha know...

My door hinges are making a horrendous noise, but it's just too cold to do much about it.

OK smarty pants, call me impressed, I don't know how you or Mark put those custom icons in, and I've tried!

Oh, and I SOOOOOO was goin put a "yah sure yah betcha" in that post, but I restrained myself! My in-laws live in Wisconsin and actually sound like that, guess it's close enough to ND!

Talking

OK smarty pants, call me impressed, I don't know how you or Mark put those custom icons in, and I've tried!
    L0L...I went back to his original post & hit the "quote" button, then copied the siq (smilies in question) & pasted them into your message...

Since I have a drop or two of moderation juice in my little slice of VX-I, I can do a bit of editing in other peoples posts.........
    Last edited by Ldub : 01/04/2010 at 01:38 AM

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    I keep the house very warm, so all the clothes have to come off when I get inside
    And that's why none of us EVER come over to visit you when we're all in Moab...

i thought the 0 degrees C were having here at the moment was cold but your weathers WAY to cold for me!!!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Oh, and I SOOOOOO was goin put a "yah sure yah betcha" in that post, but I restrained myself! My in-laws live in Wisconsin and actually sound like that, guess it's close enough to ND!

L0L...I'm half cheese head "sconnie" on me Dear Mither's side...

We had an exchange student from wisconsin when i was younger, he was weird!! lol and also gave me a load of 'Wisconsin Dairy Cheese' stickers,

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    ... Sorel -100 Blizzard Boots ...
    Ok Ldub - how do ya fit the gorilly feets in them???

Glad I hadn't started complaining about our 20 deg weather for the past week.

I spent 6 1/2 weeks at Ft Greely a few years back - I can relate to what you're livin through now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Oh lord, I've created a monster by bringing up the other custom icons issue.....take a look at you-know-who's sig line...wow, must not be a lot to monitor in Fargo ...in the middle of the night....when it's like -15 degrees...not until that dude running laps in the parking lot in the morning......

Very creative brother Dub!! A dancin' Chewbaca, AND a dancin' pirate nanner with a sword (or maybe that's Zorro nanner).....Rock on, Dude!

Oh, I missed the light up eyes on the skull...wow, that's impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    I guess you are talking Fahrenheit?? not Celsius??

That there be damn cold.

PK
    Almost the same at that temp...-33F = -36C

Remember, -40 is the same on both scales...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...