Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yep...that qualifies...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I'm not complaining, since I choose to live here, but DANG...that's a cold bugger out there tonight!
    Good call...people who bitch about the winter should GET THE *BLEEP* OUT!

If you don't like winter you are in the wrong place.

Me, I went cross country skiing on Saturday up in NW Wisconsin, temp was a balmy 2F. Had to wear long underwear, usually I don't for XC as you are working hard enough to stay warm.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Most think the linguistic profile of the area was a bit over done,
    Yeah, it was exaggerated a fair amount, although if you go to some of the small Norwegian farming towns not far from Fargo you can hear accents similar to the movie from the old folks...

But even us metropolitan types have a bit of an accent compared to elsewhere...I had a friend from Georgia who lived up here for a while, she used to get a kick out of hearing folks say words like "boat" and "coupon"...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i love the cold. personally.... its the damn heat that i cant stand...
    x2. I much prefer cooler over hotter. However, since I moved out west, I have a whole new appreciation for the summer. Ideal temps to me are 45-65F. But here where its dry, I can even deal with temps up to 85 and still be ok.

But lived in south Florida for 7 years, and to this day I don't understand how ANYONE could consider the weather there "pleasant" outside of maybe a month a year. Humidity is NOT my friend.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Yeah, it was exaggerated a fair amount, although if you go to some of the small Norwegian farming towns not far from Fargo you can hear accents similar to the movie from the old folks...
    yup, my in-laws are Norwegian, their parents all came over on the boat....we've got a "strom" in our last name.. ya sure, ya betcha!
    Oh Karl! (sorry, when I type it out it just doesn't come across how my MIL says it..)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Heh, my first paying job ever (Hardees, 1978) I had an anal-retentive boss who chastised me for replying "Ya" instead of "Yes", said it was sloppy and such...I thought about arguing with him that my Dad, and his Dad before him (who came over on the boat from Sweden) had always talked like that and I wasn't likely to change my ways easily...but I decided it wasn't worth it, at least not for a crappy fast food job that was making me look forward eagerly to college.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Ideal temps to me are 45-65F.
    Bart
    Strangely enough, that seems to be my comfort zone also....

Whit (my gf) wasnt very happy with me today when i wanted to roll the windows down in the car. (it was around 40 degrees today) i was wearing basketball SHORTS and a t-shirt
    Last edited by Ldub : 01/05/2010 at 05:11 AM Reason: I like messin with Jack...;-)
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Jack, you had better soak up as much of that 40 degree weather as you can. Sounds like we've got some winter weather coming through today/tonight with low's in Denver at, or below, zero. It's not dub's 40 below, but it's still pretty darn cold.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Oh lord, I've created a monster by bringing up the other custom icons issue.....take a look at you-know-who's sig line...wow, must not be a lot to monitor in Fargo ...in the middle of the night....when it's like -15 degrees...not until that dude running laps in the parking lot in the morning......

Very creative brother Dub!! A dancin' Chewbaca, AND a dancin' pirate nanner with a sword (or maybe that's Zorro nanner).....Rock on, Dude!

Oh, I missed the light up eyes on the skull...wow, that's impressive!
    Thas right Suzee...it's all yer fault...

You can't imagine how mad Miss Pat is at you...

With these new toys, I'm NEVER leavin' the house...

I wonder how many Boss Man is gonna steal to add to our smilies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    Strangely enough, that seems to be my comfort zone also....

Whit (my gf) wasnt very happy with me today when i wanted to roll the windows down in the car. (it was around 40 degrees today) i was wearing basketball SHORTS and a t-shirt
    I will say this, however: Around age 30 my metabolism just about bottomed out (at least it feels that way) and I notice now that I get cold sometimes whereas 5 years ago, I would have to be wet and naked outside in the middle of winter to get a chill. So, enjoy it while you can, Jack.

What about you, Dub? Do you find you get colder now that you turned 85 years old?

Bart

Well, we're just glad you've found sumpin' to do inside while it's -30 or so outside! This will provide you endless entertainment.......and who knows maybe the cold is makin' ya weird....oh, that's right yer already weird !! I've got to find your source of icons!!! I want some! ANd I hope Scott does add some...and brings back the PURPLE ones!

OK my mini me LDub actually changed the oil on the dune buggy yesterday (to Amsoil 4 stroke) ....removed the seats and back panel to find the oil dipstick ...so his brilliant wife came inside and ordered a "dipstick relocation kit" for $20 under retail by making a low offer on one on ebay....I'm tellin' ya he's turnin' into a mini wrench! Too bad, his "sconnie" Dad is so far away 'cuz he's like you....dave was "exposed" as a youngin' but was more interested in playing with his chemistry set and becoming a chemist.....

I see it's currently -15....maybe TLMP could warm you up? you know with some warm soup or some other warm vittles....don't think you're goin' out side much today. What's the lowest you think it ever went down to as a kid?
    I think my -19 was the lowest ever that I've been in when the hood hinge broke off...learnt me a lesson and moved to CA 4 months later!

Stay warm!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Sue, you and Ldub crack me up!!! I love it....

down here friday we are going for a low of like 17, WTF???? How do you move in that kind of cold? Do I need to seran wrap my house? LOL And my little 2 1/2 lb sweetpea cant keep me very warm LOL
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Me, I went cross country skiing on Saturday up in NW Wisconsin, temp was a balmy 2F. Had to wear long underwear, usually I don't for XC as you are working hard enough to stay warm.
    I just got back from the in-laws place up near Eau Claire Wisconsin, and that was the coldest this NC/VA native has ever been in his life. It was -17 F when I was packing Saturday morning, and most days it never got above 15-20 F during the day. Layering does help, but holy crap is that cold.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I see it's currently -15....maybe TLMP could warm you up? you know with some warm soup or some other warm vittles....don't think you're goin' out side much today. What's the lowest you think it ever went down to as a kid?
    I think my -19 was the lowest ever that I've been in when the hood hinge broke off...learnt me a lesson and moved to CA 4 months later!

Stay warm!
    Actually, right now it's a balmy 8 deg ABOVE zero...shirtsleeve weather...

About the coldest I've seen is somewhere between -42 & -45...

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Sue, you and Ldub crack me up!!! I love it....

down here friday we are going for a low of like 17, WTF???? How do you move in that kind of cold? Do I need to seran wrap my house? LOL And my little 2 1/2 lb sweetpea cant keep me very warm LOL
    Get Y'all self down to wal-mart & get you some sweats...& lots of em...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I just got back from the in-laws place up near Eau Claire Wisconsin, and that was the coldest this NC/VA native has ever been in his life. It was -17 F when I was packing Saturday morning, and most days it never got above 15-20 F during the day. Layering does help, but holy crap is that cold.
    You do actually get used to it...the coldest I have ever cross-country skied in was -30F, up on the Gunflint Trail in NE Minnesota, near Canada. No wind, so it wasn't bad at all. We had been skiing in -10F weather all week, so we were acclimatized to it.