Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Different color cladding

Different color cladding

It was sun baked and looked horrible so my wife chose a color and I painted it for her.

Looks good! What'd you use paint wise and prep and all that?
    nznsi

Dude, that's one righteously bold color... your wifely unit wouldn't happen to be Russian by any chance would she...?

Blocked from work. If you get time post it up here directly would ya?

Cool i am sorry to ....

Hurt your feelings buddy but that color just don't get your wife's VX looking any better....

If the cladding were completely faded why didn't you painted back in black & kept the VX looking stock ?
    Dakar was just the begining.

Regardless it can't be worse than the Superman VX that was on eBay a few months ago.

I wonder whatever happened to that guy...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Regardless it can't be worse than the Superman VX that was on eBay a few months ago.

I think I saw it for sale in Craigs List...on Krypton...

BTW, purple cladding?...not my cup of tea, but I appreciate originality!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    ... but I appreciate originality!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post

Haha funny enough.

Same thought crossed my mind when i saw the pic.

You know it does not look all that bad. My wife liked it. Makes it look more toyish. Thumbs up for the boldness and actually doing it.

another story from the Slow Pro...

Yeah, not bad - just bold. More bold than me that's for sure but then I've learned my lesson with the color purple. Since I have stash of motorcycles in the basement, the neighborhood boys sometimes drop by and hang out - sitting on the bikes, asking how fast they will go, etc. I don't mind since my goal in life is to corrupt as many people as possible with motorcycle riding. A few years ago I noticed that, although the light grey paint on my genuine asbestos siding was holding up well, I needed to paint my front door and shutters. My sweetheart suggested purple since she had a half gallon left over from painting her doors - she's bold like that. I think the name of the color was "Grape Jelly" actually. Free paint - sounded good to me! Looked fine too. Grey and purple - not bad at all. A few weeks passed and I noticed one of the boys who normally hung around had stopped coming by to see me. When I finally saw him out walking his dog, I commented that I hadn't seen him around much lately. He said, "Yeah - my dad said I couldn't come up here anymore because you're GAY." I got a quart of black glossy and took care of the offending gender bending bits that Saturday but I have to confess - whenever I see that dad walking the dog around the neighborhood - I always wink at him and sometimes I even tell him he's looking good - just to terrorize him... because that's what we purple-loving homos do!

So... getting back on topic... uh... Can we even get there from here? YES WE CAN! Wifey's VX - looking good, my man - just don't ride around town in it by yourself!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPro48 View Post
    Yeah, not bad - just bold. More bold than me that's for sure but then I've learned my lesson with the color purple. Since I have stash of motorcycles in the basement, the neighborhood boys sometimes drop by and hang out - sitting on the bikes, asking how fast they will go, etc. I don't mind since my goal in life is to corrupt as many people as possible with motorcycle riding. A few years ago I noticed that, although the light grey paint on my genuine asbestos siding was holding up well, I needed to paint my front door and shutters. My sweetheart suggested purple since she had a half gallon left over from painting her doors - she's bold like that. I think the name of the color was "Grape Jelly" actually. Free paint - sounded good to me! Looked fine too. Grey and purple - not bad at all. A few weeks passed and I noticed one of the boys who normally hung around had stopped coming by to see me. When I finally saw him out walking his dog, I commented that I hadn't seen him around much lately. He said, "Yeah - my dad said I couldn't come up here anymore because you're GAY." I got a quart of black glossy and took care of the offending gender bending bits that Saturday but I have to confess - whenever I see that dad walking the dog around the neighborhood - I always wink at him and sometimes I even tell him he's looking good - just to terrorize him... because that's what we purple-loving homos do!

So... getting back on topic... uh... Can we even get there from here? YES WE CAN! Wifey's VX - looking good, my man - just don't ride around town in it by yourself!
    Now THAT was funny...

I can only imagine the tangled mass that must be the inside of that dad's head...especially after you're done playin' with it...

Now THAT was funny...

I can only imagine the tangled mass that must be the inside of that dad's head...especially after you're done playin' with it...
    uhhhh... what?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPro48 View Post
    I got a quart of black glossy and took care of the offending gender bending bits
    So, exactly what did you paint?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Talking

Now THAT was funny...

LOL X2

You make my day for sure slow