Thread: Stay Away from Batteries R US!!!

Stay Away from Batteries R US!!!

Don't make the same mistake I did and order from www.batteriesareus.com!

The battery in my Cobra died this summer, so I searched the web for a replacement Autolite classic car battery. The company I bought from in 2004 no longer existed, at least not at the same URL. The most popular site, www.antiqueautobattery.com, didn't carry the exact battery I wanted. So Batteries R Us popped up at the top of my search list. I didn't do my homework and check them out. I would have found that they have a Nebraska BBB rating of "F" and are not BBB accredited. They have over 50 complaints filed against them, and many are still unresolved.

I've sent numerous emails and tried calling several times to get a status on my order. I only received one reply on 7 October stating that the battery was in production and would ship in < 2 weeks. I later found that this was a common technique he uses to get the customer off his back for a while. My Google search for batteriesrus and BBB led me to this site - http://www.resellerratings.com/store/BatteriesAreUs. There is some good reading here if you are into pain.

I've now got Navy Federal Credit Union's VISA credit card department chasing him down for a refund, and I've added another complaint to his BBB list. Not that it will make any difference, but I felt like adding my two cents anyway. Don't know if I'll ever see the money, but if anybody is in or near Edgar, Nebraska, stop by and say "Hi" for me.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Thanks for sharing the bad history you had to walk through !

Out there's always someone trying to make fast few bucks over someone else hard earned money.
    Dakar was just the begining.