Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZuZu XIII - May 2010

ZuZu XIII - May 2010

O.K. I have P.M.ed everyone who said they WOULD or MIGHT attend Moab XIII. I got a really good response from most everyone.

Here are their responses without their names.

#1 That would absolutely not be a problem for me! I wouldnt want to be out there having 500 or so quads waiting on me or getting in the way. Plus I wouldn't want to miss mothers day as well.

#2 I have no problem with the dates moving. Not sure if we will be able to attend this time or not still but the dates wont effect that decision.

#3 Wouldn't affect me at all.

#4 Hi mate, thanks for the heads up, change of date at this time does not affect any planning. Could you tell me the best place to fly into etc.

#5 I guess I don't care. Have you thought about the regular Isuzu people?
    Don't forget! It's just a holiday made up by Hallmark cards!! ps... I only ran into one group of ATV's

#6 oh, ok. ya, thats all the same to me. no problems

#7 Really doesn't matter, what ever the majority wants. I doubt if I will will be attending anyway

#8 Hey tom.. I think its a great Idea.. but im not sure if ill go .. I want to and will try .. the time being moved back would be better .for alot of folk.plus me

#9 Still on this eh? Like trying to move the moon. I'm up for any week, so long as everyone is there. I don't want to see ZuZu Part A and ZuZu Part B.
    Hope life is treating you and family well.

#10 It would not make a difference for me.

#11 Hey, I'm cool with whenever. Just so we all know far enough out to plan a bit.

#12 I've been watching the discussion about this and haven't thrown my two cents in because I don't think that it would affect me if ZuZoo was held a week earlier or later than it has been in the past.If Zoo was moved back one week I should still be able to make it.

#13 Moving the VehiZu back doesn't affect me at all. I do understand what other's have brought up regarding non-VX Isuzu owners being left out though. I've stayed quiet on the matter because it doesn't matter to me at all. Hate to say it, but I think you are going to have an uphill, headwind battle on your hands... I GOT IT! Bring your mom with you!!! Kodiak (Richard) may bring his mom, I talked to her and she seems to want to go but she is afraid she will embarass Richard... We told her there's no way!

#14 Personally it would be hit or miss for me depending on my race schedule.
    I do think you should also bring this subject up on 4x4Wire and PlanetIsuzoo also since there are folks there involved also unless you plan on making it a VX thing.

#15 Tom, I am 100% all for moving ZuZu to another date.

#16 It would be fine with me, no problems at all. I favor it moving so Todd Adams could come...I need a trail leader.

#17 Makes little or no difference to me.....as long as Red Rock will change bookings already made! I'll go with whatever the majority want/need.

#18 AFAIC...leave it as is, there are a whole bunch of other ZU heads, other than the VX fam, that I enjoy seeing every year...A lot of em' drive Troopers, Amigos & Rodeos. My Mom doesn't care what the date on the calendar is, as long as we get to celebrate her day. If you're going to move on this, please let it be soon, so reservations can be changed etc.

#19 For 2010 the way the calendar sets up is a little unique, in that May 1st is a Saturday (making our usual "3rd weekend" for ZuZoo earlier in May), and Memorial Day is late (31st). so there is an extra weekend between ZuZoo weekend and Memorial weekend, so moving back a week isn't a problem.

So.............how about it? Let's move Moab XIII.

Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    I posted this at Planet Isuzu just like some had suggested. I was not able to regester at 4x4wire, so if someone wants to post this there it would be most appreciated.
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

We had to let the razr's and rhino's go by on Hells Revenge last year but it wasnt all that bad. Maybe we got lucky.

Hopefully I will make it whatever the dates end up being. I really would like to get another trip in. Maybe I can convince Cari to let me go while she goes to AZ.

It's ZU ZOO not ZU ZU I guess I don't care too much. I'm for tradition sort of and I don't like leaving out the other Isuzu people!
    ps I have never cared for these Hallmark Card made-up holidays I'll go with the flow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

^ I agree. ^ I'll just go with the flow - Hell, I don't even know what I will be driving at the time, now that's going with the flow!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Figured I'd post on here as well as the planet.

For me it wont work. We have to schedule all our vacations for the year in July (actually June, its due July 1st). So my vacation is already set for the normal week. Since we pick in order of seniority my boss actually put his name for that week to hold it for me since he knows its really the only vacation days I really care about having at a certain time. There are other ppl with the weeks before and after so I wont be able to move my days.

If its agree'd to move the week for following years I may be able to swing that, not sure though. My boss has been on medical leave since july after major surgery, we still arent sure if he is going to be able to come back. If not, any week may not be a lock for me

I won't know until it is closer if we can attend if it is moved back. For sure not the original dates.
    Todd

I am gonna try to save money to go. If we are changing we should know soon, I would like to see if there are any openings at the Red Rock so I know how much I need.

O.K. we tried. It doesn't look like it is going to happen. We are NOT changing the date of ZuZu XIII.

Although, most attendees don't mind if the dates is pushed back a week, we do not have 100% agreement. The last thing I wanted to happen was a split among ourselves.

I would ask, during the pot luck dinner at Moab, if we could bring it up again for Moab XIV.

Peace.
    Tom

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    O.K. we tried. It doesn't look like it is going to happen. We are NOT changing the date of ZuZu XIII.

Although, most attendees don't mind if the dates is pushed back a week, we do not have 100% agreement. The last thing I wanted to happen was a split among ourselves.

I would ask, during the pot luck dinner at Moab, if we could bring it up again for Moab XIV.

Peace.
    Tom
    I think that's a fine idea Tom.

Given more lead time, I see no reason this wouldn't work.

ZuZu XIII.

What did we talk about yesterday!! ZU ZOO!...j/k :

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    ZuZu XIII.

What did we talk about yesterday!! ZU ZOO!...j/k :
    ZuZu looks so much cooler than Zu Zoo. lol
    Peace.
    Tom

I think thats is a good idea Tom. That way everyone in attendance will be able to know what is going on and be able to voice an opinion. Also people will be able to plan well ahead of time if needed for vacation scheduling, etc.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    ZuZu looks so much cooler than Zu Zoo. lol
    Peace.
    Tom
    You might be right on that one!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool It's getting closer every day!

To that special time in May.

I sit & count the days.

Till I can hang out with the Fam, on the stoop at "The ROCK"

Last edited by Ldub : 12/14/2009 at 03:42 AM

I guess I forgot all about this. I know Tom sent me a PM but I can't remember if I replied or not. Was it settled on?
    Last edited by Moncha : 12/13/2009 at 06:00 PM Reason: Can't spell for crap!
    Scott / moncha.com