Thread: Timing Belt......

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone

Timing Belt......

I am about to drop my truck off to get timing belt/water pump and all the other stuff that goes with it.....this has been about the only time I have taken either VX into a shop.....not nearly as upset as I was with the first VX. Anyway, while I was changing my oil filter this weekend, looking up from underneath I noticed coolant hanging on a bolt...not enough to pool on the ground or even drip enough to tell.....anyway, I freaked and decided water pump and while doing water pump since mileage says timing belt I am doing it all.....question is I JUST changed the oil sunday....do yall think I should change it again after having this done? Dont laugh.......
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

No...unless the mechanic took the VX for a 3k mile joy ride!

When the timing belt is done, the coolant is replaced. Hopefully, the shop that did your timing belt didn't clean the coolant off your bolts...place a piece of cardboard under the truck at night and watch your coolant fill tank.

They won't touch your oil. All of the timing belt and water pump is external to the block.

You may want to print out Bart's writeup in the How2 section to take with you. Prolly don't want to suggest they use it (may piss them off). Just leave it laying on the front seat where they'll see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Thanks guys, actually took it to the same shop that did the timing belt and stuff on the other VX 1 1/2 yr ago.....I always request the owner do mine and he only works on mercedes and bmw....LOL they must think I am wacko.....

I told them I wanted it covered under warranty...LOL since the the VX looks just the same, just less miles and no sunroof! I was joking with em