Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For my fellow VX'ers

Question For my fellow VX'ers

I got this ????? question for you GURU members of the best place ever...............

Do you guys know what this cylinder in black/white color does work for ?

Two hoses runs from this component which i believes is related to the emission system;One goes to the VSV ( vacuum switching valve ) & the other goes to the EGR.

My MIL comes one & since i bypassed the cylinder by adding a short piece of plastic tube to both ends of the hoses my light haven't come on since.

Any input are welcome.
    Dakar was just the begining.

I was wondering that about a month ago. The center white nipple got brittle and broke off.(must have been longer than that, someone had put electrical tape on it) I put a metal tube of the same diameter in it's place.Put the hose back on.No problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Imma have a guess. Could it a be a Carbon Canister ?
    Just guessing cause of the 2 nozzles shape etc.

Heck i could be wrong i dont even know what one on an isuzu looks like!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i dont have an answer but....

1- i assume that fluid doesnt go through it? or am i wrong? if so, what kind of fluid

2- if just air goes through it, are they vacuum hoses or breathers of some sort?
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post

Two hoses runs from this component which i believes is related to the emission system;One goes to the VSV ( vacuum switching valve ) & the other goes to the EGR.
    Sprey might have it as it does look like an evap canister but I think ours is actually in the back near the right rear shock. At least that's what I THINK had to be moved out of the way to get to my shock mounting bolt...

Are you sure it connects to the EGR? I looked at my EGR recently and don't remember anything but the exhaust supply connecting to it...

If one end connects to the VSV maybe the other connects to the intake and it's just an accumulator - i.e., an empty canister to accumulate vacuum and smooth out pulses.

Bottom line, Gussie - I don't know - this is just my guess...

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPro48 View Post
    Sprey might have it as it does look like an evap canister but I think ours is actually in the back near the right rear shock. At least that's what I THINK had to be moved out of the way to get to my shock mounting bolt...

Are you sure it connects to the EGR? I looked at my EGR recently and don't remember anything but the exhaust supply connecting to it...

If one end connects to the VSV maybe the other connects to the intake and it's just an accumulator - i.e., an empty canister to accumulate vacuum and smooth out pulses.

Bottom line, Gussie - I don't know - this is just my guess...
    You absolutely right.I'm wrong;Actually the mentioned hose running to the EGR doesn't really goes there,it goes into a little port to the manifold.

To me it looks like a charcoal canister as sprey said,but after looking @ the draws on the shop manual it doesn't appears anywhere.Then i called merlin & he couldn't tell exactly what is that & what's its function.

I asked my self if isuzu added this stuff to justify the $ 30K for the VX back in 1999

This cylinder doesn't run or stores any fluids.I think it's a purifier to avoid any flow of contaminated air into the manifold.I wonder if that stuff is saturated & needs replacement

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Whatever it is, (I can't remember, or maybe never knew ) it gets abandoned during the S/C install...

Vacuum accumulator seems right to me.

Arrow

Well larry,if you don't missed it at all then i bid the last dollar bill in my wallet i don't need it neither,so.......................................

Adios amigo !

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Well larry,if you don't missed it at all then i bid the last dollar bill in my wallet i don't need it neither,so.......................................

Adios amigo !
    You can always hook it back up if there is a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    You can always hook it back up if there is a problem...
    i wouldnt be so quick to say that...... depends on what kinds of problems it causes buddy. (dont wanna be liable for electrical/motor problems that you cause )

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i wouldnt be so quick to say that...... depends on what kinds of problems it causes buddy. (dont wanna be liable for electrical/motor problems that you cause )
    Since I was talking about my application, that includes the installation of a supercharger, (in which case this part is abandoned) in relation to his application, which is normally aspirated, I was assuming that the "apples & oranges" comparo was understood...
    Last edited by Ldub : 11/16/2009 at 03:50 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Since I was talking about my application, which includes the installation of a supercharger, (in which case this part is abandoned) in relation to his application, which is normally aspirated, I was assuming that the "apples & oranges" comparo was understood...
    ya never know......

sometimes the people we get on this planet arent the brightest bulb in the house.....but i have a pretty good feeling about gussie...

tom on the other hand....

Arrow

ya never know......

sometimes the people we get on this planet arent the brightest bulb in the house.....but i have a pretty good feeling about gussie...

Yeah,i got you pbkid.....

So far so good though,i have that stuff bypassed & engine runs smooth as ever.

Anyways,i'm still intrigued by the function of that accumulator as how larry called.

Hey guys ... lookie ... the Peanut Butter Kid made a funny ... God bless his little heart.

I guess I deserved it tho after the way I titled that one pic for Moncha's frame.

BTW, I don't know what that canister is either but I doubt it would cause any damage to bypass it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Hey guys ... lookie ... the Peanut Butter Kid made a funny ... God bless his little heart.

I guess I deserved it tho after the way I titled that one pic for Moncha's frame.