Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedhut Custom Gauges - Order Now!

The cheese was a lot more than 10% too

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    It IS out of line. Imagine having to pay extra to not have cheese on your fries. Or not have mayo in your burger or sandwich. It cost them less time to not have their logos on there. Charging us $10 to have it omitted is a win-win situation for them. Those who don't want to do it are forced to advertise for them. Those who can will only add to their pot of profit which I am sure is in the neighborhood of 10%-30% of the original price without options.

Personally, the speedhut logo doesn't bother me that much. Their logo is decent and far better than some I have seen. As for the extra options... screw that. Less is more anyway. KISS.

If it makes you feel better about it, you can always consider the price as $110, and you can save $10 by putting their logo on it

Hmm...

So they are paying us to advertise!

I would even pay for Isuzu logo, or VX logo on gauges, I understand extra charges. The thing is, even though it says on the site that the rest for TOD and extras would be provided, I can't visualize it just based on the applet we can play with. I would love to see the final product in at least one color, in full so I can see how is it going to look like after installation.

Oh yes, and I am having problem with installation - who would do it for me, since the only machines I dare to use a screwdriver on are my computers? But that I can worry about later...
    Still, the fact they want $10 extra for keeping their name off the gauges is not fair...

Inaba, thx for all your efforts, whatever the results are gonna be
    Last edited by yal^ : 08/10/2003 at 03:30 PM

Originally posted by Moncha
    Randy, I have a font that is quite similar if you'd like. Just give me a bit to find it.

Here is the Isuzu font

http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=1871

The font is called "Usuzi"

Michael

You can actually download the Usuzi font on the front page of this site, it's the font used in the larger category bars.
    THe font that Randy is talking about is one that matches the VehiCROSS logo not the Isuzu one.. I have it, just need to be out of work long enough to find it.
    Scott / moncha.com

Don't worry about it right now, unless someone else is also yearning for it?

Well, I'm planning on buying into this madness... just have to decide on color... I think its gonna be just plain white with black... to match the Ironman motif... I would like to know what the "white carbon fiber" looks like though... just curious. As for threading the needles... I have installed a set of gauges onto a mustang (they might have been speedhut's) where the needles thread through... it worked out quite nice... especially considering I had fugged up my gas gauge on my Trans Am when installing a set of gauges that you had to remove the needles. As for the price, I don't see it being anywhere out of line. My white gauge faces I had in my '98 Trans Am weren't even Indiglo and they cost me $135! El-Glo gauges for $100 doesn't sound to bad to me... and their logo isn't really that bad IMO.

Anyway, when I get back from the east coast (Aug 18th), I'll most likely put my order in. TTYL!
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!)

My 2000 Ironman VX!... Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18's on stock 18" rims, Power Vault Muffler, Tone Monday's custom tow package, OME 912 Springs, custom audio/video/multimedia computer system in the works! Transformation to LS1 V-8 Power as we speak!
    My Webshots Gallery...

I installed a set of gauges on my old Prelude, and you definitely had to take the needles off to get them on. By doing this, you have to spend a lot of time getting the needles right again while idling and such.

Of course, that was the Prelude, not the VX. If they say you don't have to take the needles off, then I guess you don't!

Thumbs up I got lucky...

The OEM carbon fiber with red lighting color scheme is perfect for silver VX's. I still want to see how these aftermarket inserts work/look without removing the needles.
    NAVIGATOR

Re: I got lucky...

Originally posted by Navigator
    I still want to see how these aftermarket inserts work/look without removing the needles.
    We will probably never know if we dont get more buyers. ;pg;

"5" just aint cuttin it.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Here were my question to speedhut several days ago

1. What will be done in the "TOD" area if anything.
    2. What will be done in the gas/oil gauge area?
    3. I'm interested in purchasing several different styles of gauges, but only need 1 inverter. Is there a way I can add say 3 orders but only get shipped and pay for 1 inverter? If so how much would it cost for the three seperate dials and then a single inverter? I'd like them to be shipped together if possible.

Here's the response I got from them

I hope this answers your questions.
    The TOD area will be just like the factory Nothing will be supplied for this area. Gas/ oil gauge will be supplied with the kit just like the speedo and tach. You would need 1 inverter for each kit. But if you only need 1 inverter for all three sets the price would be the same. 99.95 each set.

Sounds like a ripe off to me, why would I pay $99.95 for inverter's that I dont need. They should really give you the option not to have to buy the inverters and just get the dials by themselves with some kind of discount.

Originally posted by omegavx

The TOD area will be just like the factory Nothing will be supplied for this area.

Thumbs down

Thanks for the research OmegaVX. I'll have to sit in the VX for a while and ponder how lop-sided it's going to look without anything different for the TOD display. I was going to put my deposit in today but fortunately decided to check this thread. I'm really thinking I'll have to pass now without any TOD.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...