Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bloody Fuel Price!!!

well, it's $1.12 a litter in Vancouver Canada which comes to about $4,31 a gallon. So whenever I cross the border I get all the gas tanks I can and buy about 40-50 gallons at once in the States and smuggle it back to Canada. That kind of lasts me for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    Install a flux capacitor
    The flux capacitor is what makes time travel possible....Its the plutonium that makes the 1.21 gigawatts of power to run it
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    The flux capacitor is what makes time travel possible....Its the plutonium that makes the 1.21 gigawatts of power to run it
    Well DUH...

You're supposed to motor back in time & either buy cheap gas & hide it somewhere that you can find it in the future.

Or...invest wisely...

Or travel to the future, buy a car that runs on water, reverse engineer it and bring the design back to the present. Patent the design. No more fuel problems, no more Arabs having the world over a barrel and loads of dosh in your pocket. Job's a good 'un.

I believe there is a water powered car!!

I looked at the cost to convert the VX to electric (just out of interest), its £4500 for the kit and then you have to wonder how the power steering and air conditioning are going to work!!!! + i dont think that includes batteries!

How about a LPG conversion? Cost about £1600 and fueld is currently 50p a litre. No loss of power either.

http://www.capitalautogas.com/

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

its just a bit pricey, at 11mpg through town the gas would get about 9mpg so thats equivalent to 18mpg, so for an extra 7mpg its going to take around 6200 miles to recover the costs of the conversion!!

time paradox alert

Quote Originally Posted by kirk hilton View Post
    Or travel to the future, buy a car that runs on water, reverse engineer it and bring the design back to the present. Patent the design. No more fuel problems, no more Arabs having the world over a barrel and loads of dosh in your pocket. Job's a good 'un.

If you did that then the guy in the future who actually did invent it wouldnt so then there would be no car in the future for you to go and get and reverse engineer

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    its just a bit pricey, at 11mpg through town the gas would get about 9mpg so thats equivalent to 18mpg, so for an extra 7mpg its going to take around 6200 miles to recover the costs of the conversion!!
    So? Just go off-roading more and it'll quickly go :-)

you got to factor in the, "yes claire i am desperatly trying to find a first flat that i can afford to buy for us but it was very neccessary to spend a further 1600 quid on my baby...............slap..."

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Just refuelled my car here in Moscow for 22 roubles per litre, which makes c. $2.60 per gallon... kinda pricey too given that we are world's second largest oil exporter...
    another way to save on gas would be to immigrate to Venezuela - gas there is about $0.4 per gallon
    Vodka... Connecting people

Quote Originally Posted by Petos View Post
    Just refuelled my car here in Moscow for 22 roubles per litre, which makes c. $2.60 per gallon... kinda pricey too given that we are world's second largest oil exporter...
    another way to save on gas would be to immigrate to Venezuela - gas there is about $0.4 per gallon
    Now there's an idea......Hey Gussie, why don't you go back home for a visit and ship us all , oh, let's say about 100 gallons each,...... shouldn't raise any eyebrows or be any problems getting through customs/security.....
    We'd be glad to pay you too! Where do I send my $40?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.