Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gotta love a rig that fixes itself

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya..... generally cars dont fix themselves......
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    ya..... generally cars dont fix themselves......
    You are pee-ing on my charcoal because ... ???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Talking

TOD codes likely to be read:

1) Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much frigg'in Offset......to correct code....please decrease offset until light goes out. Also, consult Riff Raff on the ills of severe rotational unsprung weight & its consequences.

2) "Lightening bolts down the shorts" resulting in voltage overload of TOD circuitry. Either install proper grounding or quit agitating Zeus.

3) O.S. Tire hanging on rear door causing an imbalance in VX weight distribution resulting in TOD entering a "confused" state trying to compensate for Big Azz tire....remove Big Azz tire to restore default TOD settings.

4) All Protons do this as color interferes with proper TOD operation.

5) The owner is a smarta$$ and vibe is leaving an imprint on said vehicular operation. See "poltergeist effect" and follow instructions on how to properly balance your chi through ying & yang equilization techniques.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    There is a ghost in my machine. Almost as though they get pissy and stay on because I didnt allow initializing to complete before igniting. Go figure....
    Maybe you should call those D-bags from ghostlab and they can come out and pretend that there is something in you VX?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    TOD codes likely to be read:

1) Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much frigg'in Offset......to correct code....please decrease offset until light goes out. Also, consult Riff Raff on the ills of severe rotational unsprung weight & its consequences. Maybe I should just mount 'em backwards???

2) "Lightening bolts down the shorts" resulting in voltage overload of TOD circuitry. Either install proper grounding or quit agitating Zeus. Nah, that just causes my 'anal retentiveness'

3) O.S. Tire hanging on rear door causing an imbalance in VX weight distribution resulting in TOD entering a "confused" state trying to compensate for Big Azz tire....remove Big Azz tire to restore default TOD settings. What can I say, it goes wit da ambiance (sp?)

4) All Protons do this as color interferes with proper TOD operation. Dem's fightin words fella ... Moncha please eject the ingrate.

5) The owner is a smarta$$ and vibe is leaving an imprint on said vehicular operation. See "poltergeist effect" and follow instructions on how to properly balance your chi through ying & yang equilization techniques. I have no response to that.
    ROFL - Yer killin me here

MIB quote: "Yeah, but I make it look good".

1999 (2001) Radiant Red 157/175 "lil pwny"
    My TOD check light came on after heavy breaking...front of car meet rear of big fu8king truck! near miss.... After about 2 weeks of check light flashing i have lost my TOD completely...4L still works.

I took it to a 4wd shop and they reckon its a code 13 (GND) but that’s as far as they got...i read all the handy hints on this great user group, cleaned all the speed sensors on the borg waner box, though i could not remove the front speed sensor (i think its the front one) with out applying a good deal of force so i left it alone...dont want to break it....

I then took it in to the local Holden dealer, they have a scan tool. They were able to read the car and everything is fine BUT they cannot read the TOD computer.... they tried reading it as a trooper as per the manual (i just bought a 1999-2001 manual of ebay) but it just refuses to be read

To top it off as i was driving out of the Holden service centre my check eng light came on....

And now my AC comp seems to be making a noise....

can i cry now?

You can cry ... just don't let Handee see you do it.

If deermagnet doesn't chime in, send him a PM. I think he's forgotten more about the TOD than I'll ever know.

Tom

i vote for #4
    lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    i vote for #4
    lol
    I'm sure glad T4B doesn't live in Florida, the licensing reguirements are so strict here for Protons and I'm sure it would upset the operation of his TOD. "Taxi On Demand".