Thread: Installing Mirror Covers

Question Installing Mirror Covers

Looking for some help from those that have/had mirror covers. Just got the CF set in the mail from amack (thanks dude!) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach them to the mirror. Obviously double-stick foam tape seems like the best option, but where would be the best place to put the strips? I would think along the facing-front side of the mirror rather than the outer edges to prevent them from being visible, but maybe that wouldn't be a strong enough bond? Also concerned about water pooling between the cover and the mirror when it rains or when I wash it...

Rickshaw, JohnnyApollo, others? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I think you ought to let Ldod worry with how to attach them. While you're putting on your new bra. Dub will probably use rivets, but that would be his problem. Sorry had to say that. lol OOps guess ya don't need two bras.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Looking for some help from those that have/had mirror covers. Just got the CF set in the mail from amack (thanks dude!) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach them to the mirror. Obviously double-stick foam tape seems like the best option, but where would be the best place to put the strips? I would think along the facing-front side of the mirror rather than the outer edges to prevent them from being visible, but maybe that wouldn't be a strong enough bond? Also concerned about water pooling between the cover and the mirror when it rains or when I wash it...

Rickshaw, JohnnyApollo, others? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm thinking that 5-6 squares, or an upper & lower strip of the H-D double stick across the front of the mirror should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    I think you ought to let Ldod worry with how to attach them. While you're putting on your new bra. Dub will probably use rivets, but that would be his problem. Sorry had to say that. lol OOps guess ya don't need two bras.
    But Handee is right, I'd use stainless steel security head screws...with rubber washers......

Also concerned about water pooling between the cover and the mirror when it rains or when I wash it...Thanks in advance!
    Was wondering who I was bidding against

Know really, glad they went to a good home and stayed in the family. As far as water, well it is plastic so no worries there and when I wash my stuff, I always have the air hose handy, or at least a can of air to blow out the water from the lug nuts and other water traps, I HATE water drips on a freshly washed and polished vehicle
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    Was wondering who I was bidding against
    I always wonder who I'm up against on eBay too. With such a tight-knit owner community, you just have to know you're competing against SOMEBODY on the site. (HINT: If you see something cool on eBay that I DON'T post in my Internet Parts thread, that might be a good indicator that I'm trying not to advertise )

Hopefully I can make it up to you by buying a set of the skid plates sometime soon (thinking X-mas). What's the status on those? I know you can make the front plate, but are you in production on the rear one (with mod for Tone's hitch)?

I always wonder who I'm up against on eBay too. With such a tight-knit owner community, you just have to know you're competing against SOMEBODY on the site. (HINT: If you see something cool on eBay that I DON'T post in my Internet Parts thread, that might be a good indicator that I'm trying not to advertise )

Hopefully I can make it up to you by buying a set of the skid plates sometime soon (thinking X-mas). What's the status on those? I know you can make the front plate, but are you in production on the rear one (with mod for Tone's hitch)?
    Just the fronts right now.

Mirror covers?

I would like to find a set. where can i go to get them. thanks. Satch

Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    I would like to find a set. where can i go to get them. thanks. Satch
    when you find where they are, see if them have about a 100 sets

i think they look bad on a vx ..I think you should send them to me so i can get rid of them for you ...heheh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...