Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water draining into the passenger floor from under the dash

Water draining into the passenger floor from under the dash

Hi. I noticed this as of this morning. We had a real hard rain last night and as of this morning I got in the VX and sat some papers in the pass. side floor and started it up and I noticed some dripping from under the dash onto the floor board. I know some have said its a bad seam weld by the a pillar and others say its a bad windshield seal. Could you guys post some pics of where these areas are so I can inspect the area my self? And please feel free to make your own comments as to what I should do or look for.

Thanks guys.
    ~LOCO~

Well it rained last night and again I noticed water dripping from under the dash on the passengers side. I also heard it sloshing around before I saw it start to drip out. Can anyone provide me with some pics or directions on what to look at and where. I have an appointment for the dealer on the 18th and I just want to make sure it gets fixed.

Any help would be great.

:biggroup:

turn your heater on high and in a spray bottle mix up some dish soap and water. Close doors and windows. Spray on all welds an seals and look for the bubbles. Should help in finding the leak.
    Andy from Isuzu America

In what areas should I spray?

On my Acura, the ac drain hose clogged and I was wondering why I got ice water on my toes. The water would backup in the vents and run out the floor register- happened right after comming to FL.

Jonathan

In my situation it only seems to happen when it rains. I also noticed the pass side window when rolled up it cocks and I take my hand and push down in the rear and it pops back up. But that is not the cause of the leak because I made sure it was closed and when it rained it happened again. It seems strange because I can hear it sloshing around inside the dash (I guess) and then I notice just a few drops of water nothing severe but enough to get the mat wet. I will not have time to check it till this Saturday so I’m just looking for hints on where I should look.

Thanks Guys

I have EXACTLY the same problem. After a heavy rain I hear water sloshing around somewhere in the passenger side dash and sometimes water runs out from underneith. I resealed my windshield and it didn't help. Sounds like I am not alone. Let me know if you'll find it! I will keep looking too, no problem with rain in Mass lately

good to see I'm not alone. I guess as stated above I will shut it up and turn the heat on high and get me a spray bottle and spray the hell out of anything that touches the firewall area. if I find something (which I have my doubts) I will use some sort of butyl rubber or liquid sealant.

I'm going to try this tomorrow so wish me luck.
    thanks

Originally posted by loco6464
    ...spray the hell out of anything that touches the firewall area. if I find something (which I have my doubts)...
    Don't always go for the obvious, the water may be wicking down from another area so spray the whole thing!
    Scott / moncha.com

By the whole thing you mean the fire wall? Or what other parts?

Thanks

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Keep spraying until you find it. Start at the firewall, then spread out to windshield, pillars, fender/door areas and roofline.

Thanks sarge.. should made my self more clear..

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    My pleasure, Scott.

Does the VehiCross service manual show any likely locations\parts that water would be likely to accumulate, like air-flow ductwork or heater core enclosures? If you can hear a sloshing noise coming from the passenger side dash after it rains, it shouldn't be hard to at least narrow it down to likely accumulation points. Most vehicles have some kind of air intake for the ventilation system up under the cowling that houses the windshield wiper motor and wiper connecting arms. Maybe water enters at that point due to a poorly designed intake position, or intake seal, and works it's way down from there.

I haven't been able to get the VehiCross manual that I downloaded to open, or I'd check out the ventilation system layout myself. When I try to start the program, it always asks me to insert my Isuzu CD-ROM.

You need to burn the files from the CD to disk (extract them into a temporary directory, then copy they to CD). Then run the setup, which will place the viewer files on your harddrive. The viewer has to have a CD to pull the files from.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"