Thread: Florida VX'ers....did this '01 Kaiser used to be yours?

Question Florida VX'ers....did this '01 Kaiser used to be yours?

I found an '01 Kaiser that had been originally titled in the Orlando, FL area in May of 2001. It was traded(?) at an Orlando area dealership around Oct. of 2002 with about 29k miles on the odometer.

It's now located at a dealership up in Nebraska, but when I've asked about any kind of service record history in the glove box, or known previous owners, they've come back with nothing. I'm interested, but hesitant to proceed any further if I don't have at least some idea of how it has been maintained. Carfax came back with no known accidents, flood history, etc, but sometimes that stuff can be bypassed by a rebuilder if he really wants to. The fact that it came from Florida, but somehow ended up in Nebraska makes me even more suspicious. Call me paranoid.

If nothing else, would anyone in Florida know what I would need to do to obtain contact information for the previous owner using either the VIN# or the original Florida DMV title# ?

Lightbulb

Can't imagine a vehicle more likely to end up far away from it's original selling point than a VX! I bought mine in Chicago of all places! LOL! Understand your concern though. Did you get the full CarFax? I know you used to be able to get previous owner info on them, but that may have changed. In any case, here's a link to the Florida DMV. Usually pretty easy people to deal with and hopefully can provide what you're looking for. Also, have you tried contacting the Orlando dealership?
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Originally posted by Joe_Black
    Can't imagine a vehicle more likely to end up far away from it's original selling point than a VX! I bought mine in Chicago of all places! LOL! Understand your concern though. Did you get the full CarFax? I know you used to be able to get previous owner info on them, but that may have changed. In any case, here's a link to the Florida DMV. Usually pretty easy people to deal with and hopefully can provide what you're looking for. Also, have you tried contacting the Orlando dealership?
    I did run a Carfax using that free link in the talk forum, but the only info offered was where the VX was originally titled (Orlando DMV). I guess I'm assuming that it's one of the full Carfax reports that you referred to, but no previous owner names were included. It gave the Florida title number, but when I went to the Florida DMV website, and downloaded the appropriate vehicle history request form, the small print didn't include a private individual being able to submit the form for pre-purchase informational purposes. The name of the Orlando dealer wasn't listed on Carfax either.

From the Orlando dealership, the car was taken to auction, and bought by a dealership in Sioux Falls, SD. From there it went to the current dealership (again I'm assuming there were no other stopping points) in Nebraska.

A circuitous route to be sure, and maybe there's no need for concern. It may just be that with the VX being a 4x4, the person who bought it for the dealership in SD felt it would sell easier farther north? But, I'd rather make a decision based on more info than that, so I'm open to any other suggestions.

Give the FL DMV a call and express your concerns. With all the blue-hairs we have to deal with down here it's amazing what our DMV is capable of. Just remember: As with any government office, your mileage may vary!

Give the FL DMV a call and express your concerns. With all the blue-hairs we have to deal with down here it's amazing what our DMV is capable of.
    Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to someone who isn't already buried behind a 3 foot stack of governmental forms.......in triplicate......but then again, maybe a little private investigation would be just the thing to break up some of the monotony.

Just remember: As with any government office, your mileage may vary!
    I've tried to get similar information in the past from the Indiana DMV, and let's just say that I hope I'm more successful this time around. Not saying I have anything against Indiana in general, but.................