Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going to Mexico!

Talking Going to Mexico!

My friends,
    After 6 years living in Wisconsin, 4 in a Military Academy and 2 at college, i have decided i wanna go back to Mexico city and live there untill i finish college.
    Also, I am taking my VX with me. There is going to be a lot of trouble crossing the border with it because of this dumb import and exportation rules, in short, i cant bring a car unless its new or over 10 years old or over 30 years old or something like that, oh and it also has to have been made in either America Canada or Mexico. So my Vx doesnt fit any of the things that are required.
    I have a friend who is in charge of Legallizing cars that are going to MExico so maybe he can help me.

well the reason for this post is cause i saw some interest from Tom(tomdietrying) in getting together in Texas once i get to Dallas. I am leaving Monday morning stopping in Chicago to say bye to Cece and Gil and then making stops to eat and one or two stops to sleep before i get to Dallas and then all the way to Laredo. This is my first roadtrip in America and which i am going to do by myself. We wills see how it goes.

So if anyone is interested in getting together in Dallas or Austin Let me know post something in here so that we can start planning

Have a good day everyone!

Juan
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Thumbs up

Hey Juan,
    Yeah, I'd be happy to meet up with you. So, do you think you will be here in Dallas on Tuesday or Wednesday?
    Peace.
    TRom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
    and then making stops to eat and one or two stops to sleep before i get to Dallas and then all the way to Laredo.
    Best of luck to you Pepino and drive safe!
    Stop at Pappasitos for me in Texas and have fajitas....the best on the planet...
    Hubby & I are actually thinking of taking a trip to Dallas (where we used to live) to visit some friends....and stop by Pappasitos!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    LOVE papasittos! Jay and I need to go there too since he likes it as well! Hey let me know what day your passing through Austin and I will get together with you, and Jay might as well!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I'll be there,let Tom or I know when you're in town.
    Blue Goose or Matt's for fajitas. Please Papasitos? It's a chain restaurant.How bout Applebees lol imhops I need to remember my humor doesn't always come across on screen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Austin, baby! Let's meet at Chuy's (downtown) for lunch...any other takers?
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I cant do downtown chuys at lunch since I work way north.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Blue Goose or Matt's for fajitas. Please Papasitos? It's a chain restaurant.How bout Applebees lol imhops I need to remember my humor doesn't always come across on screen
    Mmmmm, both of those are fantastic as well ...but they don't have the bacon wrapped grilled shrimp with the magic garlic butter sittin' next to their fajitas....double Mmmmm....

Thank you Kat!
    And i am not sure when ill be in Dallas yet, i am only stopping to eat and to sleep and get gas, no sightseeing this time. I start classes on Friday, so i need to be in Mexico city at least by thursday.
    If i can get your phone numbers i can call you and keep you posted on my location. I really dont know which day ill be in Dallas. but for sure leaving tomorrow morning. I am thinking maybe wednesday.

Thumbs up

Pepino,
    PM sent.
    Peace.
    Tom

chin up friend.. safe travels Juan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

thank you everyone!, after 2000 miles and 3 days, i made it to Mexico city safe!! Now i am here planning on where to go offroading =)
    Ill upload pictures later on. Right now my baby is getting Detailed and serviced for everything. I only had one problem which i will post in another thread asking for help. But nothing mayor.
    I have a 60 day Permit i dont know if i will be able to legalize my VX in Mexico but either way i wont miss MOAB anymore cause if i have to send my VX back to the border then every year i can just fly there and drive from there.
    Love having my VX back!

Thumbs up

WoW! That's quite a journey in such a short amount of time. Glad you made it home safe.
    Peace.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    WoW! That's quite a journey in such a short amount of time. Glad you made it home safe.
    Peace.
    Tom
    No kidding... that wasn't a "dash" for the border... it was a sprint... wished he could have given more notice than a couple days.. I would've gone up to Dallas for a minimeet... can't wait to see pics of off-roading in Mexico... Would love to do that someday if it weren't so dangerous. (I hear horror stories).
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

pepino drives fast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI