Thread: Noisey Passenger Seat

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD

Noisey Passenger Seat

Anyone else have a noisey passenger seat? Mine creaks if there is a passenger sitting in it. At first, I thought I hadn't tightened the bolts down enough after I took the seat out to run some wires under the carpet... I tightened them and the seat still creaks. It seems like the cause is actually on the seat itself. Haven't had the chance to take the seat out again to see what's going on with it. Wondering if anyone else have the same problem and what was done to fix it.

Angry Seat noise

Both seats Squeak. I have moved them one notch forward or back, but they keep doing it. I think some grease on the rails would help, but that sounds like a lot of work. VXs are magic but loose.
    Tru
    So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
    There's so much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out.

Passenger seat??????????

My passenger seat almost giggles loose from seat bracket.....
    At first I thought maybe the seat needed tightened down and that it was just coming loose. But, after I attempted to tighten it...I say this, because if I was to tighten anymore....I think the bolt would have twisted off..
    Took it to Isuzu and they tried to deny the whole thing...saying their "Technician" could not find anything loose with the seat. I asked the service rep if the "Technician" would come out to my VX and we could talk it over together....reluctantly after they noticed I would not back down, the 'Technician" and I were off to my VX for a little seat giggling loose classes.
    I open up my VX and tell him the seat is loose. He states that they looked it over "very thoroughly" and were unable to come up with anything at all and that the seat base was tightened as tight as good be without twisting off the bolt. So, I say did you do this...and with that I grabbed the seat and shook it, allowing the "Technician" to see that by physically examining the problem in all aspect ratios could he see their was a problem.\

Isuzu ordered new seat brackets and were suposed to install them....but, I have yet to be able to lose my VX for a full day......or with Isuzu's good help maybe more!!!!

My Passenger seat has had what I discerned as a slight amount of slop no matter what detent/positon is chosen with the seat adjustment lever. I've had this since I drove it off the lot new. I just "lived" with it since it didn't seem dangerous. chalked it up as slightly out of tolerence manufacturing of the rails; or deviation in quality due to passenger seat needing to allow for rear entry while driver seat is without that necessity. My driver seat has always seemed tight. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

I thought that perhaps upgrading to the custom seat brackets that allow for easier entry into rear would perhaps fix this flaw...but have yet to go through with this attempt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
    I thought that perhaps upgrading to the custom seat brackets that allow for easier entry into rear would perhaps fix this flaw...but have yet to go through with this attempt. [/B]
    I doubt it. Those brackets just moves the entire seat (rails and all) up and forward a little. I can't even tell where exactly the squeak is coming from. I don't think it's from the rails... it almost sounds like it's coming from within or under the seat. More of a creaking sound than squeak. Maybe it's the hinges. Test that hunch out tomorrow I guess.

You know, it's funny, but my entire interior passenger side vibrates and rattles now. It all just seems to have started out of the blue last week. I thought much of it was the latch from the hanging seatbelt at first, but that is only a small % of it. It seems to come from the seat, the inside of the door, and somewhere near the back seat. Driving to work this morning nearly sent me postal! I guess it's time to settle down for a weekend and tear out the interior to find the culprits.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

My seat did the rattle thing and I made it better by causing sort of an bind with the rails.. I loosened the bolts then with a large flat screwdriver lifted on the front of the right rail (There is a little play) then tightened. I then lifted the rear of the left rail and tightened. Then pressed down as hard as I could and tightened down the remaining bolts. It didn't get rid of the movement completely but, the rattle went away.

The creaking may come from the friction between the leather and the plastic side pieces of the seat especially the outboard sides. Mine made lots of noise but, I just sprayed a bunch of leather protectant in the joints with a towel to catch the drippings then let it dry.. The creaks went away..
    Scott / moncha.com

I don't have the creaking, but I have had the annoying rattles for as long as I can remember... usually the stereo helps a bit

I think moving the seat back as far as it will go helps some, I guess maybe from being set against the edge of the rails or something. You can sit there and knock against the passenger seat and it will rattle and make the same noise. Where it is coming form... I have no idea.

Originally posted by Dallas4u
    I don't have the creaking, but I have had the annoying rattles for as long as I can remember... usually the stereo helps a bit
    LOL. That's been my solution so far as well.

Spray silicone all under the seat in any areas that touch.

mine used to squeek...but i sprayed wd40 no the brackets and stuff...and it went away...that was like 2 years ago...and it still hasnt squeeked. so try that =P
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/