Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: The Internet Parts Thread

i need to locate the OEM Cd Changer...its my understanding this will be its third...are these a weak link or what?

You can have mine. dont know if it works because of after market stereo but its there.

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    i need to locate the OEM Cd Changer...its my understanding this will be its third...are these a weak link or what?

Search button.....tons of posts on it.

DO NOT even bother getting one...POS, it will just die - error code: "ERR03"
    Not only will it die, it will usually eat 3 or 4 of your CDs in the process.

Here's the best use of it:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=cd+player
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Yeah!! I only paid $70 new from Merlin. He's a new VX parts seller so maybe he'll see his prices are a bit too high and get reasonable over time.......or not....
    I saw that on ebay and made offer but was rejected.
    Who is this "Merlin" and how do I get that deal!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by skillet62 View Post
    I saw that on ebay and made offer but was rejected.
    Who is this "Merlin" and how do I get that deal!?!?

Use the "Search" button young grasshopper....wise info awaits you it does....

He's a parts guy that works at a former Isuzu dealership in Missouri. He's our "go-to" guy for any Isuzu part that may be available on the planet...and gives us a little discount and free shipping too, mention the forum

Teach a man to fish.....

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    i need to locate the OEM Cd Changer...are these a weak link or what?
    They are a weak link, but not total junk. Some of us are still using the stock system for over ten years. My stock CD changer worked perfect for 2.5 years, then jammed, and I got it replaced under warranty. Since that time, I only use one disc at a time to reduce the workload and chance of problems. It's worked great for eight years now.

You can search for a new or used unit-
    Isuzu part # 2-90101-826-0.
    GM part # 97720069.
    Fujitsu Ten Limited part # 113001-5070C151. They made the unit.

Getting a used one from a private owner is very risky. It may have been abused and will not work at all or will not work for long. Some are willing to give it away for just the cost of shipping. Many of the companies selling refurbished units are not trustworthy.

There have been posts about a single disc direct fit plug n' play unit for Isuzu's. However, no one has tried that route yet. Search for 'Isuzu single disc cd player'.

Here's an option, but beware. Research the company. You may get a beautiful new unit that fits and works perfect, or you could get a beat up refurbished player that doesn't even fit.

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-91-61-isuzu-indash-single-cd-player-1998-to-2003.aspx

That's a nice price, if it's new and the wire harness matches ours and it mounts the same. Again, I don't recall anyone trying this, so it's a gamble.

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 01/05/2011 at 03:47 PM

to your knowledge will the single disc cd you mention...fit the same opening as the 6 disc unit, mine comes with?...im against hacking into the truck

"Well, Dude, we just don't know." (Brandt, from The Big Lebowski)

If you wanna be the guinea pig, we'd appreciate it. As I said above, it's a gamble. I would contact the seller and find out if it's new and exactly what it fits, mounting and wiring, and ask about returns. Do the research.

Mark

I was told that the troopers and rodeo uses same changer as well... But if you want single just change out the unit for a newer headunit with ipod control and maybe from usb for memory stick. Leave the changer in place or drop in EQ. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    They are a weak link, but not total junk. Some of us are still using the stock system for over ten years. My stock CD changer worked perfect for 2.5 years, then jammed, and I got it replaced under warranty. Since that time, I only use one disc at a time to reduce the workload and chance of problems. It's worked great for eight years now.
    So losing the changer component of a CD changer = working great? Low standards my friend...

I'm not really losing the changer, it still works great 'cuz I vary the slot I put the one disc in. I can only play one disc at a time even with six in there. It just takes seconds to eject and load another disc. I still have the full changer function if I choose to use it. I choose not to, trying to avoid trouble, which I seem to have done nicely for eight years. And I use it a lot, except during very cold weather. Again, trying to avoid trouble.

My six disc CD changer works great for eight years now.

After I wrote that last sentence it hit me. In the last eight years a whole lotta people, including myself, have had a whole lotta problems with lots of stuff other than the CD changer, so I guess it really can't be called a weak link after all. There's a bunch of stuff that seems to be a lot weaker than the CD changer.

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 01/06/2011 at 01:44 PM

Thumbs up

get xm. problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I noticed he raised the price while my internet connection crapped out, then he killed that listing and RELISTED it at a BIN of $399.,...just keeps going up...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu...#ht_500wt_1009

CHECK OUT ALL THE NEW OEM stuff he has!!!
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/ekim721/...911.m270.l1313
    I posted bids on 2 of these items and he removed my bids The reason listed is due to me being a high risk as I am from South Africa?? I mailed him and he has ignored me
    2 x 99 JDM VX's 3.2L V6; 1 stock & 1 with 3" Calmini lift, 2 x Troopers, 1 stock & 1 with 3" lift ++
    2 x Pickups and counting

Sounds like a real prick... doesn't he know he could just restrict his "Ships To" list to US only if he doesn't want to deal with international buyers?

Just an update from my side. As I really need these parts, I decided to re bid and changed the delivery address to one in the US, and guess what, I managed to successfully bid on the parts. I guess he is not such a bad guy after all.