Thread: Kane's creek photo, I knew I had seen it before...and you thought I was crazy!

Kane's creek photo, I knew I had seen it before...and you thought I was crazy!

Here is the photo I knew I had seen before, from way back in 02? Is that Larry in the photo, looks like you lost quite a bit of weight?

Here is the same pic 7 years later...I told Justin that I knew I had seen that photo, and I thought it was his rig, but it was another Ebony or Dragon, not sure whose...but here is mine...as you can see, the rocks appears to have been buried a bit, but look at the crack in the rock in my photo as well as the striations in the rock face in the background, same spot.....

I know, I have wayyyyyyyy too much time on my hands.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Trying to remember, is that before or after the big ledge?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I think it's just before. We are climbing up to the ledge.
    BTW - Nice photo!
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

That's Tone's VX on 2003. The guy with the long hair is Randy Burleson from the 4X4 Wire.... He and his wife, Kammy, were at this year's Moab. They have the BIG BLACK dog, Turbo. Here's a link to the gallery. http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...ry.php/cat/541
    Scott / moncha.com

Yep, he was camped next to Marlin at portal...Randy's hair is a bit shorter now. About 6 months ago for his birthday he cut the pony tail off to donate to lock for love which makes wigs for cancer patients undergoing cemo...he was then talked into (alcohol was involved) shaving his head which he turned into a fund raiser for the group that is trying to keep the Rubicon open for off road use.

But from that angle there is a bit of a Dub resemlance!

It is right before the big ledge, I was waiting in line, hence the photo op, I think it was about the time Jay got his FJ stuck on the big ledge, or when Mike was having Trooper Trouble further up the line.
    You guys are a wealth of info, and I thought I was the only one that remembered crazy minute details.
    Holy cow, that was Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never would have guessed in a million years. I really thought it was Ldub before some minor weight loss!!

Thanks guys, I wish I could see how much Kane's creek changed now since the flash flood.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Yep, he was camped next to Marlin at portal...Randy's hair is a bit shorter now. About 6 months ago for his birthday he cut the pony tail off to donate to lock for love which makes wigs for cancer patients undergoing cemo...he was then talked into (alcohol was involved) shaving his head which he turned into a fund raiser for the group that is trying to keep the Rubicon open for off road use.

But from that angle there is a bit of a Dub resemlance!
    Yep...not me, but props to Randii for being the inspiration for me to grow my hair...

The "powers that be" at work wanted me to cut it off, until I told them where it was going when it got long enough.

For anyone interested...http://www.locksoflove.org/ (click on the recipients gallery at the bottm)

Sorry for the T-J Marlin, but at least it was for a good cause...THIS TIME...
    Last edited by Ldub : 07/08/2009 at 04:42 AM

Nice picture, MARLIN. I see it's the exact same one that is at the 6:00 position on your logo-montage.

I think a ponytail would look nice on you Dub!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Yep...not me, but props to Randii for being the inspiration for me to grow my hair...

The "powers that be" at work wanted me to cut it off, until I told them where it was going when it got long enough.

For anyone interested...http://www.locksoflove.org/ (click on the recipients gallery at the bottm)

Sorry for the T-J Marlin, but at least it was for a good cause...THIS TIME...

Good on you larry. Ya its going on two years I have beengrowing mine out and come dec 10th I will be doing the same. I am sooo ready fot it to be cut as the logn hair is driving me nuts.

Sorry for T-J x 2
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

I wonder if Rodeo Dave(AKA Gizmo) is gonna donate his as well....