Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Soon to be VX owner, looking for troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Me and grif chatted for an while wednesday evening.
    Give him few ideas of what need to be done,He also has a apparent fuel/air leak which he'll need to address as soon he's doen with the mechanical part.

Sure we all adviced him not to take the bite,but good damn,the VX has a spell that none of us can't fight against when we got in love with it.

So all we can do is whish him the good to pull this one & have a happy loving ending drama-novela
    Yeah thanks for the chat Gussie, I think the chat feature here is underutilized. Your advice re: the air/fuel leak is prolly true, tho I'm not throwing any more codes for some reason. Still, needs to be checked out.

Me and grif chatted for an while wednesday evening.
    Give him few ideas of what need to be done,He also has a apparent fuel/air leak which he'll need to address as soon he's doen with the mechanical part.

Sure we all adviced him not to take the bite,but good damn,the VX has a spell that none of us can't fight against when we got in love with it.

So all we can do is whish him the good to pull this one & have a happy loving ending drama-novela
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Yeah thanks for the chat Gussie, I think the chat feature here is underutilized. Your advice re: the air/fuel leak is prolly true, tho I'm not throwing any more codes for some reason. Still, needs to be checked out.
    I really enjoyed reading these post. I was just wondering what they were serving in the chat room cause ya'll suffered from slurred typing. LMAO Anyway next time ya'll have happy hour in the chat room let me know and I'll bet we can raise a crowd.

Talking Chat to me ........

Very welcome GRIF.

The chat room is a excelent tool to really share info about any thing in "Real Time" instead of posting threads;I guess we are bit lazy to tickle the key board once in a while
    Dakar was just the begining.

Very welcome GRIF.

The chat room is a excelent tool to really share info about any thing in "Real Time" instead of posting threads;I guess we are bit lazy to tickle the key board once in a while
    Jus teasing ya'll. I'm kinda like Ldub, if i chat, everyone is on to another subject by the time I can post a reply to two questions before. Plus i always tell em slow down cause I can't read fast.

Thumbs up

From the info I have one accident was a front end to a tree, and the other was with a vehicle of some sort. That is all carfax knows and the original owner is not around to take any questions so to speak. Cosmetically, you cant tell it was in an accident at all. Its a real beauty.

I do have the service manual, the downloadable one on CD, but man, what a kludge work to read. I think some owners here have done somthing usefull in printing it out, I shold prolly look into that. I think since Ive got the rear end taken care of the front end is now where most of my mechanical probs are, still pulls to the right even after alignment, and jerking from the txmission esp coming from the front. Other than that I really its only a matter of cleaning up years of neglect of the engine. Some interior work, and of course I still would like to use my rear seats.

With no garage to work in, very few tools and very little time, I know I will need to rely on paid mechanics and sage advice from this forum. Thats why I'm here!

I crawled under the vx last night to look for anything obvious, but I think your correct, measurements need to be taken. I was pleasently suprised while underneath that it has a Borla exhuast system! I KNEW that sucker could not be sounding stock! I like it..

Thanks for your encouragement.

Well good luck with it i do understand the no garage issue plus if yuo havent done much mechanics it will take a long time but u do get more out of it that way, But besides that just look for the obvious and your gonna do fine with an attitude like that Good luck let me kno wat you find it could be helpfull in the future if anyone gets into an accident with hteir VX.