Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be VX owner, looking for troubles?

Grif,

I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. Once you fall in love with a car it's really hard to let it go, but like others are stating this one doesn't seem like the right fit. If you are willing to spend $5k on this one and then dump another $1k-$2k into it, I would wait and find one that's REALLY right for you.

When I was originally looking for my VX I found a low milage Foxfire (my favorite color) and was all fire up about it. I had a couple of members here on the site go check it out for me (I live in Colorado and the VX was in Ohio) and their reports, while favorable, just didn't sit right with me. The VX looked great in the pictures, and it's Carfax was clean, but it just didn't feel right. In the end I passed on that one and a couple of month later found a beautiful Ebony in Chicago. I had a couple of member take a look at that one for me and it turned out to be THE one for me. I flew out to Chicago and drove the VX back to Colorado. I've had Vicki for four and half years not and I still smile everytime I see her.

My point is the perfect VX is out there for you, but it may take some time and patience to find it. If you do start looking around and find a few that grab your interest don't hesitate to ask for someone to go take a look at it for you. Everyone here is super friendly and we're always looking to get another person hooked on the VX addicition so we're more than willing to go look at another VX. It's also a lot of fun when one or two VX's pull up to a dealership or a previous owner to check another one out. They know we're not fooling around at that point.

Good luck in your search, and welcome to the family.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Take your pick

There has to be a better one out there.....

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

I agree with all of the above. I'm in the car business, so be very careful. Those "RED" flags are up, carfax etc. Be patient, save your money for the right one like Anita. We all will help ya if we can.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Grif,

One more word of warning. There are a lot of 99's out there with no problems in the $6,000 ~ $7,000 range.

Walk away... that VX sounds like a parts car.

I looked for about 2 months before I found one close to me, flew 2 hrs to get it and drove it home for 8 hrs..... it had some flaws but, nothing mechanical and low miles. That is what you want.

It is now one of the nicer VX's - IMO.

VX's have been coming up for sale like crazy in the last few months and with the economy staying flat you are sure to find a better one.

If you pay $5,000 then put on tires you will be at $6,000. Then the alignment, the inspection then the repairs you are looking at $7,000.

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I agree about the bent steering, but that had all been cleared OK by a GM dealer down here in Alabama.

A well reputed shop?? I have no idea where to go for one that deals with a VX or Isuzus at all.

As far as steering clear of this one, its the only one I can find in my area that I can afford cash in hand. I'd rather pay 5g on a mildly ****ty one and fix it to my specs htan pay 10-15 grand on "somebody elses" that may look perfect and be modded to hell, but it would never seem like "mine". I'm sure you get the drift of that.
    Hi grif !
    I can't change your point of view,but i can assure you can find good running VX's in florida or closed states for bit more than $5000,but here's is where your determination plays a huge role in your judgment & final decision.
    If you contact few dealers offering VX's for sale for more then $ 5000 & you offers a deal in cash many of them will go down with you.
    Right now dealers are struggling to stay in business & they'll rather lose $1000 then lose &5000.
    This community is so great that if you request any VX'er to inspect & test drive a potential VX's for you near alabama,such as florida'georgia,tennessee etc they will without any hesitation.
    If you need to fly & pick up a VX i'm sure an local member will pick you up at the airport.
    Many members fleu to distance locations to purchase their VX
    The last one was a canadian member who flue to nevada & drove back to canada few weeks ago if i'm not mistaken.
    There's many non-moded VX's you can get your hands on.
    Many of us already shared their opinions you asked for & all of us came to the same conclusion.
    Trust me,it's easier to deal with a little moded VX than fixing all those issues that VX is having.
    Dakar was just the begining.

I've found that VXs for sale via Autotrader.com etc are almost always bone stock, none, or very little mods, mostly audio stuff. I think the modded ones are mostly kept by their owners...most of whom seem to be on this site!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hey I know a guy here local to me that has a great Proton for sell.
    Its lifted, upgraded exhaust, new axles, new water pump and belts with a full service history. This owner at the current moment has three. The proton for sale a donor that is used for parts (he found at an auction for $900 with a little side damage) and his new Kaiser which he only purchased becuase of the color.

I can get you in contact with him. Just pm me.

Proton would not be my first choice of color, but PM sent anyways.

Thanks to any and all who has assisted me in making a decision one way or other. Great community ya'll got here!

more research needed

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Proton would not be my first choice of color, but PM sent anyways.

Thanks to any and all who has assisted me in making a decision one way or other. Great community ya'll got here!

Proton is by far the best and most exciting color. If you do not realize this you obviously not ready for a VX.

Just kidding but I get questions about my proton all the time

I just told him close to the same thing. Proton grew on me. At first I thought bumble bee and once I saw one in person....if the VX did not already stand out...a Proton screams. I love my Ironman....but I would not mind a kaiser and proton to compliment it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    I just told him close to the same thing. Proton grew on me. At first I thought bumble bee and once I saw one in person....if the VX did not already stand out...a Proton screams. I love my Ironman....but I would not mind a kaiser and proton to compliment it.
    Nah !
    Astral rules.
    That's why was the 1rst color of choice out there.

Not

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Nah !
    Astral rules.
    That's why was the 1rst color of choice out there.
    Most popular = mundane middle of the road nothing special

Proton even the name screams for attention (as opposed to medical procedure done on men in their 40s)

Astral is just the color that is liked or accepted by the mass majority. Marketing wise it makes the most sense to produce more of a more likeable color...

My 2 cents: I would truly like to own at least 7 colors, you know one for each day of the week. Or for whatever mood I'm in. Such as Proton when I'm feeling outstanding, Ironman speaks for it's self, Ebony when I'm feeling bad (as in bad_ss),Dragon when I feel like a Martial Artist, Foxfire when I feel like a little wine (and dancin), Kaiser for when I'm feeling in charge (as in "Der Kaiser has spoken") and Astral when I'm being an Astral.

most popular car color?

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Astral is just the color that is liked or accepted by the mass majority. Marketing wise it makes the most sense to produce more of a more likeable color...
    1. White

2. Silver

3. Black

4. Red

5. Gray

6. Blue

7. Beige/Brown

8. Yellow/Gold

9. Green

10. Other