Thread: Moab 'Zu XIII May 11, May 15, 2010

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    We can't get too organized due to the fact that the state wants all sanctioned "organized" trail rides/events to be insured.
    Yes, that's the primary reason that Todd kept the destination of the VX run off the 'net, so The Man wouldn't show up and harsh our mellow.

The rest of the week, runs are smaller and are informally organized around the campfire/on the stoop the evening before, which seemed to work fairly well last year, better than 2 years ago IMO. Just remember to network with all the Zus you see around town as to plans for the next day, and also stop by the stoop at Red Rock Lodge and/or Portal campground for the latest info.

Speaking for myself, I am thinking about doing Elephant Hill again, it's been a coupla years and that trail is so unbelievably scenic I like to do it periodically. Also, had a blast on Kane Creek last year and probably will do it again.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Easiest sollution...
    Everyone attending find another VX that isn't attending, attach tow strap and drag them to Moab!
    ill drag a few coloradians out with me

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Also, had a blast on Kane Creek last year and probably will do it again.
    i'd love to do kane creek with you... count me in.. one of my most favorite trails... shoudl be interesting with a longer wheel base though
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Havent done Kane Creek yet...

...so thats a good'un as far as I'm concerned.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    just wait jo.. its a freakin awesome trail. as long as you dont mind getting your ride a little wet

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I thought Kane Creek wasnt doable for a stock vx........I dont want to get into lots of water myself
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I'm really big on "scenic" so BigSwede ya got my attn with Elephant Hill. Looks amazing, length would be really good- 5-6 hrs, 22 miles.

With my handy dandy skid plates, looks like I'd be OK according the book....but no pets ...how will I explain that to Nikki & Bandi? Dang!
    K-E-N-N-E-L

And definitely count Dave & I in for the night float on the river! WoW! Not sure if I could do the hike to the Arches but Dave would love to. Excellent ideas Tom!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I'm really big on "scenic" so BigSwede ya got my attn with Elephant Hill. Looks amazing, length would be really good- 5-6 hrs, 22 miles.
    Moab is amazingly scenic, the Needles District of Canyonland NP is even more so. Here is a good description of the trail, by some guy named Todd Adams...
    http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/report/ut/elephanthill/
    Also mentions the Joint Trail hike, which is a nice thing to do while you are there, as well as the Confluence overlook hike.

With my handy dandy skid plates, looks like I'd be OK according the book....but no pets ...how will I explain that to Nikki & Bandi? Dang!
    K-E-N-N-E-L
    You'll be fine. But yes, no pets off the pavement at Canyonlands.