Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 'Zu XIII May 11, May 15, 2010

Just Do It!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Here's a thought and a question. We were dicated to when we had each Moab ZuZu. When Isuzu ran it they told us when it was. It was always next week after Mother's Day. That ment the VX Run was on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.

I don't know about you, but in order for me to make it to the VX Run that ment I had to leave a day before Mother's Day. I've been doing that for the last 5 years. Needless to say I haven't celebrated Mother's Day with my Mom or my wife for five years.

Since we are no longer dictated by Izusu why not move it back a week after Mother's Day. That will solve two problems. First, I will not be on my wife's and Mom's hit list. Second, those out at Moab the last couple of years have noticed the week we have been going out to Moab has be taken over by the a national ATV group. They have choosen that same week to do there trail runs too. There are over 500+ ATV on the trails with us.

Anyone want to change the date?

Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    I wiil make a new thread so I don't jack this one.
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

My boss scheduled a class that I have to teach to the Idaho DOT this week. We might be able to come down for the weekend but the VX run is a no go for me this year.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Here's a thought and a question. We were dicated to when we had each Moab ZuZu. When Isuzu ran it they told us when it was. It was always next week after Mother's Day. That ment the VX Run was on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.

I don't know about you, but in order for me to make it to the VX Run that ment I had to leave a day before Mother's Day. I've been doing that for the last 5 years. Needless to say I haven't celebrated Mother's Day with my Mom or my wife for five years.

Since we are no longer dictated by Izusu why not move it back a week after Mother's Day. That will solve two problems. First, I will not be on my wife's and Mom's hit list. Second, those out at Moab the last couple of years have noticed the week we have been going out to Moab has be taken over by the a national ATV group. They have choosen that same week to do there trail runs too. There are over 500+ ATV on the trails with us.

Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    I wiil make a new thread so I don't jack this one.
    As I stated in my last post I can't make it for these dates so I would not be opposed to a date change.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    As I stated in my last post I can't make it for these dates so I would not be opposed to a date change.
    Todd
    I cannot go on these dates either, but the next week works.

May 18-22nd is my vote

Todd and Littlebeast,
    I can do the week after too. I still think it's a win/win move for everyone to move it back one week. For those not familiar with the thread, here is one arguement to have ZuZu moved back one week.

Originally Posted by tomdietrying
    Here's a thought and a question. We were always dicated to when we had each Moab ZuZu. When Isuzu ran it, they told us when it was. It was always the next week after Mother's Day. That meant the VX Run was on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.

Peace.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Went to an old college buddy's wedding in NJ this week... turns out they've moved to Grand Junction, CO, which is a hair less than 2 hours from Moab! Talked it over with the wife on the way home and she's willing to consider. Not ready to commit just yet, but who knew this would ever even be in the realm of the possible for this East Coast guy? Better start planning the skid plate, lift, tires, etc. now.
    You could connect with Gill & CeCe in Chicago on the way through, meet Greg and I in Des Moines as per usual...convoy!
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Originally Posted by tomdietrying

Heh, between Moab for me and the state fishing opener for Dad, my Mom hasn't seen us for Mother's Day for many years. The freedom to do whatever the hell she wants without interference from the menfolk is our gift to her.

WAH!! I can't see my mommy. J/K sort of
    If we are going to change the date,let's get it done.
    I need to change my reservations at the Red Rock!

ps after 2010 Lets do the fall / September, October 2011

For 2010 the way the calendar sets up is a little unique, in that May 1st is a Saturday (making our usual "3rd weekend" for ZuZoo earlier in May), and Memorial Day is late (31st). so there is an extra weekend between ZuZoo weekend and Memorial weekend, so moving back a week isn't a problem.

But in subsequent years this is not true... in general I would hate to get back home just a few days before Memorial weekend, it is nice to have a weekend in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post

ps after 2010 Lets do the fall / September, October 2011
    I plan on being in Kona, Hawaii that time of year, so that would put me out.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Bad News...

I can't go. I have been avoiding the forum as much as possible because I know I can't go. I have finals in all my classes that week Mon, Wed and Fri. There is no getting out of it. If this is the way the courses are scheduled at my college, I won't be looking at going to Moab until after I graduate!!! Since I am going to be a teacher, maybe not even after that! Chicago Public Schools are switching to year round schools, or at least attempting to. So I am super bummed! I can't have any future plans for Moab (my happy place) with all my favorite family members...

To semi make up for it, Gill planned a 2 week trip to my home state, California. It's the 16th-30th. We will be taking his Harley and riding up the coast. We would love to meet up with whomever we could/wants to. (I'll start another thread for that trip later.)

I will miss all of you! I made it 3 years in a row... it hurts to break the cycle. This will be my first year as a bystander awaiting your posts. It isn't going to be easy. Maybe I will send you all a care package...
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

That sucks, you guys will be missed. it wont be much of a convoy with just me and Swede. and Gil said we were getting tattoos in Moab this year

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy I H-8 Bad News

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    I can't go. I have been avoiding the forum as much as possible because I know I can't go. I have finals in all my classes that week Mon, Wed and Fri. There is no getting out of it. If this is the way the courses are scheduled at my college, I won't be looking at going to Moab until after I graduate!!! Since I am going to be a teacher, maybe not even after that! Chicago Public Schools are switching to year round schools, or at least attempting to. So I am super bummed! I can't have any future plans for Moab (my happy place) with all my favorite family members...

I will miss all of you! I made it 3 years in a row... it hurts to break the cycle. This will be my first year as a bystander awaiting your posts. It isn't going to be easy. Maybe I will send you all a care package...
    Sounds to me like it's time to throw the career plans in the crapper & JUST GO!

OK...that's just me being selfish, in hindsight, that may not be such good advice.

You both will definitely be missed...what can I say?...I'm BUMMED!...

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I am bummed too, will miss Gil and Cece!! BUT I totally understand, and the 2 wk ride down the coast sounds amazing!!!! Eventually some of us will get to a point where we want to use our vacation times to go somewhere else, if anyone wants to take me to spain/italy let me know LOL!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.