Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Door locks Hmmmmmm

Thanks! the pics will help me get my head around what's what inside the door. If I can get door panel off without having to open the door I would be much better shape. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to take out the passenger seat.
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

I had the same problem and when I hit the lock button, the lock only went halfway up in the hole, which prevented the door from opening. My problem seemed to be if you don't put the door trim back on over the door itself, and seat it exactly in the proper position, the lock binds in the hole.

It took several times of clicking the door button and "assisting" the lock going up and down to finally get the door open so I could finally figure out the problem.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

It may be possible to remove the panel with the door shut, but there is also the possibility of cracking or breaking the panel or plastic "carbon fiber" inserts. I decided to take the risk vs. never using the driver's door again. I was "lucky" because my door was latched but not completely shut. After removing the screws, I was able to pop all the nylon retainers. I'm sure the retainers were somewhat worn since the panel had been removed at least 3 times before the lock broke. I couldn't get to the screw to remove the tweeter cover, but was able to slide the panel toward the back to slip it out from underneath the cover. Then it was a matter of sliding/rotating the panel back & up while sitting in the back seat. It also involved moving the front seat backward / forward and reclining / pushing forward the backrest as needed. Sounds like a lot, but it took about 3 - 4 minutes.