Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roofrack

Roofrack

Right I know there is a search facility but I've just spent 20 minutes of my life trying to find a picture of a stock roofrack. Please someone give me a linky !

Also, I've seen some VX's with what looks like the Thule tray attached, low profile... can someone detail which one and how it is done?

Thanking you's

Nick <-- thumbs up smiley here!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    here are a few pics of mine with my basket on..

can probably find some more pictures if needed
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

try looking at billy (traithlete) pics...he has a factory rack with no add ons i believe...

I also believe VX KAT's latest pics show a stock and beautiful roof rack. Also some beautiful new skins.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Sorry, but I'm being a newbie here... VX KAT seems to just have bars... is that the stock rack or is there an actual basket thingy too? i.e. what makes up the whole roofrack and what are the thingamybobs that are on ebay at the moment?

Thanks

Nick

The bars are the stock portion, the baskets are all aftermarket.
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

the stock part is just the little towers that hold the bars to the roof and the actual bars themselves....everything else is aftermarket

This will show you the parts involved in an OEM rack assembly.

Downloads Section
    Scott / moncha.com

Blimey so when you see 'stock roofracks' selling for $300 or more, it's just the bars??? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    Blimey so when you see 'stock roofracks' selling for $300 or more, it's just the bars??? Wow!
    Yup! They're so rare they are worth their weight in gold! New or used! Actually it's the 4 towers and the 2 cross members and the various hardware to bolt them on that make up the OEM roof rack. I got mine from a forum member parting out a wrecked VX.

I think the other things you were talking about are the Yakima Mighty Mounts. They're the oval shaped things that fit on the cross members that attach other accessories like a bike or ski rack. They did NOT come with the OEM rack and they're not available now, so, again, there's a pretty good demand for those when they come up on ebay or here.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    Right I know there is a search facility but I've just spent 20 minutes of my life trying to find a picture of a stock roofrack. Please someone give me a linky !

Also, I've seen some VX's with what looks like the Thule tray attached, low profile... can someone detail which one and how it is done?

Thanking you's

Nick <-- thumbs up smiley here!
    I believe that you will find the "low profile" Thule basket you are thinking of, belongs to Zeus. Check his gallery for pics, I think there is also a "how to", in that section of the site...

Here ya go... http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=23

New Yakima Towers

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but, has anyone seen the new Yakima Railgrab towers? They look like just the ticket so I can finally mount a cargo carrier. Seems like they might be an improvement on the Lowriders since they are designed to attach to flush mounted rails.

http://www.rackwarehouse.com/y0138c.html

Huzzah, I finally got my first post!
    I know you believe you understand what you think I said; but what you fail to realize is that what you heard is not what I meant.

they look pretty awesome i have the lowriders and they work, but i have to be really careful during install or they will rest on the roof

Yakima railgrab towers

Did the Yakima railgrab towers work?. I went to a rack store and was told the only system that would work was plug installs in the roof inside the existing side rails.

I haven't personally tried them, I happened to come across them on the internet while researching rack possibilities. When I scrape up the $ they will be the first things I try.