Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alarm antenna

Alarm antenna

Last night I did a simple mod to the VX. I did the alarm antenna relocate and what a difference. I used to have to be about 6 feet from my driver doo to get it to unlock. Now I can do it from 40 to 50 feet away. And what a simple mod. Took about 5 minutes. I highly recommend this simple mod.

Have you tried...

pointing the remote at your head? I'm, sort of, kidding about this, but it really seems to work. Don't mean to thread jack, and I'm thinking about doing the antenna relocate too, but I've found I can almost triple the range of the stock key fob just by placing the tip of the fob to my temple and pressing the button. I have NO idea why this works, but it does. Maybe your skull amplifies the signal? I don't do it that often so I don't think that I'm giving myself brain cancer. Just do it as a little "party trick" when I have friends with me.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    pointing the remote at your head? I'm, sort of, kidding about this, but it really seems to work. Don't mean to thread jack, and I'm thinking about doing the antenna relocate too, but I've found I can almost triple the range of the stock key fob just by placing the tip of the fob to my temple and pressing the button. I have NO idea why this works, but it does. Maybe your skull amplifies the signal? I don't do it that often so I don't think that I'm giving myself brain cancer. Just do it as a little "party trick" when I have friends with me.
    Yes it does work (I've done it for years). I actually hold the remote under my chin (soft part before your throat). I've heard that this works because your skull amplifies the signal like a radio tower. It can't have anything to do with the brain, because it works for all . As we know certain of our members may have burned out a few more brain cells than others. J/K but we know who they are. P.S. it also works the panic alarm from a lot farther away on most vehicles.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i dont know how i would feel about sending RF signals through my head...

i kinda value it more than the extra 10 feet
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

It does seem to really workWhat was I talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

I just know I'm going to point my key fob at my head and you guys are goona jump out of the bushes laughing at me

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    I just know I'm going to point my key fob at my head and you guys are goona jump out of the bushes laughing at me
    ROFL, vehicross.info version of "Candid Camera". As far as RF signals, if you are worried about your tiny remote, then you are screwed by all the other stuff already out there Jack....

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    ROFL, vehicross.info version of "Candid Camera". As far as RF signals, if you are worried about your tiny remote, then you are screwed by all the other stuff already out there Jack....
    i know, i hurt myself so much worse with other stupid s#$t every day...i just like to pretend that i keep myself from doing stupid things

If there is anything to fear from what comes out of the key fob, I'm sure my head is the place least likely to receive damage

what is the advantage

unlock from 10 feet or 100 feet you still can not enter til you get to the vehicle

With that thinking why have a key fob at all....just stick the key in the lock. Besides, my family always gets to the car before I do.

We only have about 30 seconds until it locks itself anyway right. So this mod is good depending on how fast you walk.

Cool So there is something to this huh?

So this REALLY does work, eh? I thought NocturnalVX and IRONwoMAN were just hazing the new kid in Moab and having a really good laugh at my expense as I dutifully held the fob to my chin at Gill's direction! Course I was like 60 feet away and Gill tweaked his fob from inside his pocket ....and really had me going there for a second...or two...

Now wait, was that before or after the chocolate monkees?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    unlock from 10 feet or 100 feet you still can not enter til you get to the vehicle
    True, but from that distance I can admire more of the brightly colored, blinky lights that I've installed...

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    So this REALLY does work, eh? I thought NocturnalVX and IRONwoMAN were just hazing the new kid in Moab and having a really good laugh at my expense as I dutifully held the fob to my chin at Gill's direction! Course I was like 60 feet away and Gill tweaked his fob from inside his pocket ....and really had me going there for a second...or two...

Now wait, was that before or after the chocolate monkees?
    Yep, It really - really works...

{Hang head in shame}

I tried it last night. Didn't seem to make any difference. Conclusion: I'm gullable.

{Moving on}
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.