Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this still happen to everyone???

Does this still happen to everyone???

Today I went to the grocery store and the autoparts store and was asked three times what kind of car that was and not believed, once when it was 'coming out' and once if it was a concept car. It helped that this weekend I painted the wiperarms, buffed out the headlights, polished the wheels and windexed the entire body after two trips thru the wash, and that's it's Proton yellow, but still.... it's a seven year old truck! Is it ever going to look old? Are you guys still getting these comments every day? (if not go wash it!)
    Canadian VXer!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
    Today I went to the grocery store and the autoparts store and was asked three times what kind of car that was and not believed, once when it was 'coming out' and once if it was a concept car. It helped that this weekend I painted the wiperarms, buffed out the headlights, polished the wheels and windexed the entire body after two trips thru the wash, and that's it's Proton yellow, but still.... it's a seven year old truck! Is it ever going to look old? Are you guys still getting these comments every day? (if not go wash it!)
    Actually, its been a while since anyone inquired about my VX. For like the first 6 months I was in Reno, I got a lot of comments. I think everyone is used to it by now!! :P

Did you say you windexed the entire VX???

Bart

Yeah I ran it thru the carwash twice and it still had a black spotty film on it from three months of driving in the salt that would only come off with Windex so I did it! It's gleaming now! And I think it's snowing tonight.

i gets stares often, not really inquires recently, most recent inquiry was at a bar last week, i used my VX credit card and the bartender was like wow that things bad--- what is it and we got to talkin about it (another vxer was with me too so we gave him the brief history and he told us about his restored ford pickup

started my new job last week, turns out one guy who works in the department across from me is a VX lover and tried to get another co-worker to buy a VX a couple years ago! after looking at mine and goin for a quick spin, hes back in the market for one and looking at the proton in fla!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Vx

Well two days after i had my VX delivered i headed to an new home depot near my house to buy an screwdrivers set kit to keep it in the truck & as i was exiting the store i had a bunch of people standing around my toy,i got freak out because i though some thing wrong was going on,while approaching my truck all of them begind asking me questions about the VX,who build them,which year is it,etc.

Two nice chicks ask me to have some pics with alonside the VX,i felt like i were a hollywood star or something similar.

It was a nice experience since i never had an outstanding vehicule such as the great VX,from that moment i trully understood how special this SUV are.

Every day i have people asking me about the VX.

I bet my very life that if isuzu did kept building this jewel today it will be the top-of-the-line SUV in the market.

I was completed surprissed when an isuzu tech told me that the guys who design the VX were the same that design the infinity FX 35,so i just step wondering...... Damn it ! how the VX will be with all the features & options in the today's market eh ?

Talking all the time

I was in Montecito and Santa Barbara last weekend and whenever I came back to the VX from the beach there were people staring and would ask all the questions... Who, what, where... I feel great explaining about it and love all the looks and thumbs ups I get... It's great

ive noticed that going to typical vacation spots draws more attention to the VX.. was in cape may new jersey and got 4-5 comments in one day.. rehoboth beach, delaware seemed like every 3rd person walking down the street was looking the whole way down the street, i think people look more closely at their surroundings when on vacation/ somewhere they arent familiar with, so the vx sticks out even more

"What the Hell is that thing"?
    That's what I hear all the time
    I too, get folks asking where they can get one, and complete surprise when they find out it is a seven year old vehicle.....
    Priceless!
    James
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    I was completed surprissed when an isuzu tech told me that the guys who design the VX were the same that design the infinity FX 35
    Oooooooh... Well, that explain a lot. I really like the look of the FX 35. I can't imagine it actually going over anything more technical than a speedbump, though, and that's why I got the VX -- so I could access my land!

I've never had someone stop me in a parking lot, but I've had plenty of rubber-necking on the highway. I finally went through with a partial debadging, because confounding people is that much more fun.

No questions lately. Lots of heads turning when Beau and I were headed up the mountain saturday though.

Waadaya mean, no questions lately?
    I know I had a million a few weeks ago when we met, and the citizen that walked up when we came out of the returant, looking @ the three VX's in formation....
    James

I get questions about it weekly - have since I bought it in 2001. Just had someone in the elevator (of my building) yesterday ask me about it. I even had someone from HP who was in town for the day email me about it (I was parked at the mall and he came out of a restaurant, saw the VX and did a web search when he got back to his computer - he knew it was mine from the website where the custom plate is posted).

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    Yeah sometimes I get used to people staring and asking and don't even notice until I take some fancy BMW or Infinity out of the garage at work and notice that nobody's looking at me. I kinda feel like I suddenly got old and ugly and long to get back in my truck that makes guys check me out and girls giggle and swoon. Once I was taking my old neighbor lady out to eat and she said that the two dudes walking down the sidewalk were staring at her and making her nervous, and I said, don't worry, it's just the car. She said she didn't think so. Then they did the window roll gesture and said "what the heck is that" and I said "told you so!".

I know I had a million a few weeks ago when we met, and the citizen that walked up when we came out of the returant, looking @ the three VX's in formation....
    James
    Oh yeah, that guy. Cari and I did some running around more that day and he was almost everywhere we went. Didnt say anything to us but was always around.

James
    Having a bunch of VXes in one place always draws attention. You should come to Moab and see for yourself!

Bart