Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird stuff you remember from your mis-spent yoot

Anyone remember Gatorgum?

I miss that stuff...and Chocolate Hubba Bubba.

Bart

PS - LDub, I'd start it, but since you're on a roll, how about a thread containing pictures of US, then and now. I would love to see a 12 year old Ldub photo....

Incredible Edibles
    GI Joe w/Kung Fu grip
    Micronauts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Nice Bart!
    Gator gum, a pothead's best friend....

A toy Bart can appreciate, ROM: Spaceknight (scourge of the Dire Wraiths)

x2 for a "then and now pix thread"!
    Last edited by snowtrooper1966 : 05/30/2009 at 08:53 AM

Memories

"Fanner-fifty" toy pistols by Mattel, Schwin "Black Phantom" bicycle, Cushman "Super Eagle" motor scooter. I remember when the New Car Dealer would cover his show room windows so you couldn't see the new model cars before the intro date, and the best customers were shown the cars by invitation only. The women wore formals and the men wore tux's. TV shows taught values not the cr...p on TV today. Shows like "Leave it to Beaver", "Father Knows Best", "The Rifleman", "Howdy Dougie" oops something like that. Movie heros were John Wayne, Gene Autry, Gary Cooper etc. However I will say if you remember the 60's "you were'nt there."
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

I remember when seatbelts were for looks. We would all cram in the front seat while a parent drove. The dash boards were heavy steel...no padding. Parents would go into a store and leave us in the car with the cigarette lighter. It would be 95 degrees and we stayed in the car in the hot parking lot. We didn't have AC in car or at home. Only 3 channels on the TV and no remote. And forget about sunblock. We knew when we went to the beach we were going to be burnt up. And we were given jawbreakers and hard candy but never choked. And best of all the pet stores sold baby alligators. And the music, you could understand the words and the tunes are still around today. And to see a man accidently use profanity in front of a woman, he would turn red nd apologize like crazy. Where have all the good times gone???

tv with no remote...lol.. i remember when we got our fist Curtis Mathes tv with remote.... it had big buttons that when pushed ..it would make a pinging sound ..each button would make a slightly diff. sound ...to change things...it had on-off chanel up-down and volume up-down.... and when dad would wiggly his key chain the tv would turn on or off...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Anyone remember Gatorgum?

I miss that stuff...and Chocolate Hubba Bubba.

Bart

PS - LDub, I'd start it, but since you're on a roll, how about a thread containing pictures of US, then and now. I would love to see a 12 year old Ldub photo....
    A twelve year old Ldub photo?...that'd be me when I was forty.
    Pretty much the same, sans wrinkles & gut...
    Yeh, I know what you meant...like I said before, You first...

Getting a REAL gun when you turn 12(this might be a southern thing)
    Cards in your spokes
    Drive-in movies
    Drive-in movie sex:bgwp:
    Sex without protection
    Nascar was actually STOCK car racing
    James Bond got ***** Galore and Dr.Goodhead
    My Mom telling me to go play in traffic!
    Playing in traffic and abandoned buildings and wells(Bart and I still like to do this)
    Too many good times to list
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    "Fanner-fifty" toy pistols by Mattel, Schwin "Black Phantom" bicycle, Cushman "Super Eagle" motor scooter. I remember when the New Car Dealer would cover his show room windows so you couldn't see the new model cars before the intro date, and the best customers were shown the cars by invitation only. The women wore formals and the men wore tux's. TV shows taught values not the cr...p on TV today. Shows like "Leave it to Beaver", "Father Knows Best", "The Rifleman", "Howdy Dougie" oops something like that. Movie heros were John Wayne, Gene Autry, Gary Cooper etc. However I will say if you remember the 60's "you were'nt there."
    DUDE...you ain't gonna believe this, but I STILL have my "Fanner 50's".
    They no longer have the crappy plastic handles, but the rest is ALL there...well, except for the cheap plastic holsters...

Schwinn Orange Peeler was the object of my desire, never got one, but that rat bastard neighbor kid did... (1/4 mile away was "next door")

And the RIFLEMAN?...values?...you bet!

Just watched ElDorado the other night...not a Caddy in sight, but Jimmy Caan sure looked young.

Oh, in closing, I'd like to ask, what were these "sixties" you keep talking about?...
    Last edited by Ldub : 05/30/2009 at 12:53 PM

No computers
    Computers that didn't block out words you could say on tv

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    I remember when seatbelts were for looks. We would all cram in the front seat while a parent drove. The dash boards were heavy steel...no padding. Parents would go into a store and leave us in the car with the cigarette lighter. It would be 95 degrees and we stayed in the car in the hot parking lot. We didn't have AC in car or at home. Only 3 channels on the TV and no remote. And forget about sunblock. We knew when we went to the beach we were going to be burnt up. And we were given jawbreakers and hard candy but never choked. And best of all the pet stores sold baby alligators. And the music, you could understand the words and the tunes are still around today. And to see a man accidently use profanity in front of a woman, he would turn red nd apologize like crazy. Where have all the good times gone???
    And have you ever noticed?...not ONE of the kids you grew up with had allergies! We got to play in real dirt, & eat crickets & chicken poop.
    The whole freakin' world wasn't "sanitized for your protection" before we could get our grubby little paws around it.
    And school was a six mile walk, up hill, both ways, in a blizzard if it was after Oct 28...

Damn straight I miss the good ol' days, but I wouldn't go back if I could, I'm having too much fun NOW!

And I still apologize to a lady for profanity, if the situation warrants...that's just good manners...

Speaking of old things

"Ldub" or excuse me "Ldud" (as Dougie/SomeBeach) referred to you. I can't believe you've still got those guns. In Okla. we were able to get real leather holsters for ours. They looked real. LMAO "Not a caddy in sight" in the movie ElDorado. Yep, I've read a lot about the "60's" and strangest thing, a lot of what they talk about, I've dreamed. It's like DejaVu all over again.

Freedom!

Oh, and my Commodore 2001 PET.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Getting a REAL gun when you turn 12(this might be a southern thing)
    Cards in your spokes
    Drive-in movies
    Drive-in movie sex:bgwp:
    Sex without protection
    Nascar was actually STOCK car racing
    James Bond got ***** Galore and Dr.Goodhead
    My Mom telling me to go play in traffic!
    Playing in traffic and abandoned buildings and wells(Bart and I still like to do this)
    Too many good times to list
    Oh HELL yeah!...I was taught to shoot straight when I was 7-8 yrs. old. Had free reign of the gun cabinet (not safe, as in, NO-ONE would dare try steal your guns, cuz they knew if they broke in, they'd have a one way trip back to town, with a sheet over their face), by the time I was 12-13.

My Mom told us to go out & "stink off!", so, depending on season, we'd go down to the river & catch crawdads & water beetles, or build snow forts if it was the other season.

i still have my winchester 22 my dad gave me back in the day......