Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Weird stuff you remember from your mis-spent yoot

Great Thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Old coffee can in my tree house..

..stuffed with National Geographic pics / Sears catalogue Bra pics..etc.

Ah, back in the day......before "search-click"

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I REEEEEALLY shouldn't post this after Jo's comments but it was just too apropo to the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Water rockets.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Flashing Thunder Roman Candles - They shoot out M80's, big fun until I got nailed in the head by my best friend!! ROFL!!! Why is it the most memorable moments in my life end with me going to the hospital!!!! Ouch!! That hurt just thinking about it!!!!

Dog poop turning powder white if you let it alone for a couple days.

Holy smokes... I think my generation (90's) is the last to have ever actually played outside during the "younger years".
    I think it was just me cause I went through a faze of about 14 years were I only listened to the who, led zeppelin, Pink Floyd, CCR, etc... And them there was disco..... Oh sweet Jesus, now that was a faze, I was always the outcast for not listening to whatever new "boy band" there was . I still listen to all of them but as time moved on my music library changed to include (and I know you guys and gals hate it) Dubstep which had led me to start Dj'ing.
    I remember the original Adam West batman, soo cheesy but still awesome.
    The rise of "transformers"
    Living with "dial-up"
    Brick cell phones
    Sony Walkmans then CD players (still have both)
    Sesame Street
    LEGO!!!
    Trampolines!!!
    Oh and let's not forget... The amazing VEHICROSS (I was 10 when they came out) bet you all feel old by now.... Sorry
    I miss all the simplicity of being young. But most of all I miss having time and that spark to go play outside in the dirt or snow like when I was young. I miss the "Guinea pig" days where I was the test subject for my brothers toboggan ramps or trampoline ninja fighting moves.
    It's the days where you come home on a Saturday night covered in dirt, grass stains and bruises that were the best.
    The new generation has no idea what it's like to make a slip and slide out of garbage bags, or slide down a snow covered hill on a metal snow shovel with no thought of what at the bottom of the hill you will have to dodge or what is going to suddenly stop you.
    Too much technology in the world for kids today.
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ND92 View Post
    I miss all the simplicity of being young. But most of all I miss having time and that spark to go play outside in the dirt or snow like when I was young. I miss the "Guinea pig" days where I was the test subject for my brothers toboggan ramps or trampoline ninja fighting moves.
    It's the days where you come home on a Saturday night covered in dirt, grass stains and bruises that were the best.
    The new generation has no idea what it's like to make a slip and slide out of garbage bags, or slide down a snow covered hill on a metal snow shovel with no thought of what at the bottom of the hill you will have to dodge or what is going to suddenly stop you.
    Too much technology in the world for kids today.
    You said a mouth full right there Bro...

We made snow forts in the drifts of the shelter belt on the N side of our farm. We'd dig a tunnel in about 10', then hollow out a big room, then hollow out a fire place into the wall with a chimney going to the surface.

We would be out there all day, only taking a break for grilled cheese & tomato...

Thanks Mom...

amongst many, many other things i remember when we couldnt find or buy a lighter to light off our m80s would use steel wool and a nine volt battery to light them - those ground hornets never stood a chance - and i dont know if anyone remembers lazer tag - the original outside version not the ones in the mall they have now - man, you strap that lazer tag thing on your chest and grab your blaster and you were an intergalactic mercenary

Wierd thing you remember from your mis-spent yoot ...

One can NOT out run the skateboarding neighborhood bully if one has a shirt full of plums recently stolen from a neighbor's tree. When shirt-tail comes untucked & load of pilfered plums litters the ground, plum pits WILL create a dead stop for said bully's skateboard (you remember the kind made out of 2x4's and strap on skates with steel wheels).

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    (you remember the kind made out of 2x4's and strap on skates with steel wheels).
    I had that kind LOL