I've been carefully reading this thread & it seems that a international meet is all possible only & when ALL vx'ers are eager to drive the distance;To me the ride is just part of the fun + our rigs are proven they can handle the journey without any hesitation.
I'm deffinetly in for such event.convoying is a great idea & i strongly encourage every body to do so,the ride is way much fun.
If we looking for media attention on this meet i guess a VX'er or a friend who works in the field can highlight the path by contacting automobile magazines,TV & radio.
We must assume that not all VX'ers would attend but if we get 60% of them out there call it a success
Driving across the country is never a bad investment,we rather spent 6K for three nights & four days on a ferry through the caribean instead of living, experiencing & enjoying all the multiple locations & variety of options the US offers for much less.
But there's a group fellow members that has concerns about adding extra mileage on their rigs.
My question is how much can the VX get hurt by just addind 1K on the odo in less then a week,i wonder why is that a big concern to think about,sooner o later our VX's will hit that number.
Then we got those members whom seems to get bored drinving 5 or 6 hours,again....we all bought our VX's because is "FUN" to drive so 5 or 6 hours behind the wheel of our beloved toys can't be bored.