View Poll Results: Would you support an International VX Meet?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (Only check this if you are serious)

34 50.00%
  • Maybe, sounds cool but......

29 42.65%
  • Maybe, depends on much work I would have to do.

5 7.35%
  • No! Your strokes have made you loose touch with reality!

0 0%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: International VX Meet - Feeler Guage

Talking

I'm in for Vegas!:bwgr:
    3600mile round trip.
    With a stop in Moab on the way home!
    Truthfully, I'm up for any location.

When we are nearing the max level of interest, we should then mass average the location of those attending. (ie. if it's heavy in the west, why not colorado? Heavy in the east: Kansas..)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Nah I think the Dallas/Ft Worth area might be the coolest city remotely close to the central US, even though Houston is better in many categories, it is just a little too south
    You silly littlebeast LOL
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I'm in for Vegas!:bwgr:
    3600mile round trip.
    With a stop in Moab on the way home!
    Truthfully, I'm up for any location.

When we are nearing the max level of interest, we should then mass average the location of those attending. (ie. if it's heavy in the west, why not colorado? Heavy in the east: Kansas..)
    The key is discussing the right location so all attending members shall drive the same average time/distance;We all got to be clear about that topic.isn't fair at all that some members drives 400 miles & others drives 700,800 or more miles
    2nd important topic is the sort of activities we get going,some trail is ok consirering that not all members are 4x4 or rock crawling fans so that matter has to be kept in consideration otherwise many members will not attend the meet.
    3rd topic is the lenght of time out there since all members might not have the opportunity to remain with the rest of members all the scheduled days.
    When all these stuff are arranged then we move foward by picking the right date,18 months is enough time to get all your stuff up & done by getting that week off & saving enough cash for the journey which i don't find hard to accomplish.
    So for all the here serious guys let's get this up & rolling. The clock is ticking

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Well, there we have it Smith County Kansas it is..... Looks like fun we can all hang out at Lebanon's very own "Hub Club", whatever in the world that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geograp..._United_States

I can't wait to see what is inside the U.S. Center Chapel, you could put all kinds of things in there, just not many of them.

http://www.kansastravel.org/geographicalcenter.htm

But it looks like this all is changing now:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...n-center_N.htm
    In fact, scientists at the Geodetic Survey have stopped calculating "centers" due to the imprecise nature of the task. Oscar S. Adams, Senior Mathematician for the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, even wrote, "Since there is no definite way to locate such a point, it would be best to ignore it entirely...."

19 hours away from Reno.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    19 hours away from Reno.

Bart
    12 hours from Houston and 23 hours from NYC.....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    12 hours from Houston and 23 hours from NYC.....
    There... Now we can all be equally miserable.

Wink

while I was out mowing today...this thread popped into my skull. Did alot of brainstorming.

In all seriousness... you're never going to find a "perfect" location that everybody will like. Even if you go dead-nuts, central U.S.; you'd be lucky to get a sufficient amount of Easterners to attend.

I kind of agree with Little Beast that Texas would probably be the best bet for a centralized meet. Would be good tie-in with Remembering Tone too.

Also thought a meet in Moncha's vicinity (AZ) would be appropriate to honor him for giving us this "friendship mobile" and perhaps after a day of meeting up & checking out our VX's...those that want to hit the trails can follow Triathlete's lead and those that don't can find other stuff to do...kind of like @ Moab when after the VX Run the smaller groups form-up and roll out to their own trails.

Me..personally, I'd vote for a meet up @ Area 51 in Nevada..right up to the fences that say they can shoot you if you go any further...where the Cammo Dudes can watch us checking out each other's rides...hopefully they send out a chopper to try and intimidate us away by "dusting" us...then we break up and head for Rachel, NV to the "Little A'Le'Inn" Lodging & Bar! After a nights stay...some could head to Vegas or Reno or even Moab!
    http://www.littlealeinn.com/

Or...how about Roswell, NM

If you Westerners would be willing to travel to the East side of things...I can't recommend Vermont enough! I think you guys would have a blast all riding together up Mt Equinox. It's only like 3,848 feet high but it's like a spiral staircase in some spots with some scenic straight sections too. Got some pics I can post if anybody cares too see them.

If this was going to be an International Meet...maybe somewhere in Canada would be more condusive to a "global" turnout?

Also thought of: The BadLands...South Dakota; New Orleans...LA; Branson...MO; Sedona....AZ; Fargo....Nort Da-Kota
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

There... Now we can all be equally miserable.
    I may get the horse hauled by the amtrak train to get there

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    while I was out mowing today...this thread popped into my skull. Did alot of brainstorming.

In all seriousness... you're never going to find a "perfect" location that everybody will like. Even if you go dead-nuts, central U.S.; you'd be lucky to get a sufficient amount of Easterners to attend.

I kind of agree with Little Beast that Texas would probably be the best bet for a centralized meet. Would be good tie-in with Remembering Tone too.

Also thought a meet in Moncha's vicinity (AZ) would be appropriate to honor him for giving us this "friendship mobile" and perhaps after a day of meeting up & checking out our VX's...those that want to hit the trails can follow Triathlete's lead and those that don't can find other stuff to do...kind of like @ Moab when after the VX Run the smaller groups form-up and roll out to their own trails.

Me..personally, I'd vote for a meet up @ Area 51 in Nevada..right up to the fences that say they can shoot you if you go any further...where the Cammo Dudes can watch us checking out each other's rides...hopefully they send out a chopper to try and intimidate us away by "dusting" us...then we break up and head for Rachel, NV to the "Little A'Le'Inn" Lodging & Bar! After a nights stay...some could head to Vegas or Reno or even Moab!
    http://www.littlealeinn.com/

Or...how about Roswell, NM

If you Westerners would be willing to travel to the East side of things...I can't recommend Vermont enough! I think you guys would have a blast all riding together up Mt Equinox. It's only like 3,848 feet high but it's like a spiral staircase in some spots with some scenic straight sections too. Got some pics I can post if anybody cares too see them.

If this was going to be an International Meet...maybe somewhere in Canada would be more condusive to a "global" turnout?

Also thought of: The BadLands...South Dakota; New Orleans...LA; Branson...MO; Sedona....AZ; Fargo....Nort Da-Kota
    A good idea for the eastern VX'ers is to catch up on the way & convoy southbound.

For example,those members heading down from new england region such as maine,new hampshire,massachussets,rhode island & vermont meet up on their way with connecticut,new york,then new jersey,pennsylvannia,delaware & maryland,then those coming from the great lakes area such as wisconsin,michigan & ohio find indiana,illinois & kentucky VX'ers & so going.the ride shall be deffinetly a lot of fun.....was i dreaming or what
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 05/29/2009 at 10:26 PM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    You must have a BIG lawn...

I still like the Badlands area of SD for a meet loca...just not in August (Sturgis)

Fargo...probably not so much, You think KANSAS is flat?, we too have a large topography deficit...

Seems like the next step would be to post a location poll.

When I had my Starsky & Hutch Torino we all met in PA each year. I never went because I don't want to take a 30 year old car that far. But lots of guys did and what a sight. They even had Antonio Vargas show up to sign the trunks (at $250 per signature). I also was in an Impala SS club and we had local as well as national events. I have found the best people in the world are those who share a particular model vehicle.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    I have found the best people in the world are those who share a particular model vehicle.
    Yep...that's pretty much us in a nutshell...