View Poll Results: Would you support an International VX Meet?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (Only check this if you are serious)

34 50.00%
  • Maybe, sounds cool but......

29 42.65%
  • Maybe, depends on much work I would have to do.

5 7.35%
  • No! Your strokes have made you loose touch with reality!

0 0%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: International VX Meet - Feeler Guage

international vehicross meet

I've been carefully reading this thread & it seems that a international meet is all possible only & when ALL vx'ers are eager to drive the distance;To me the ride is just part of the fun + our rigs are proven they can handle the journey without any hesitation.
    I'm deffinetly in for such event.convoying is a great idea & i strongly encourage every body to do so,the ride is way much fun.
    If we looking for media attention on this meet i guess a VX'er or a friend who works in the field can highlight the path by contacting automobile magazines,TV & radio.
    We must assume that not all VX'ers would attend but if we get 60% of them out there call it a success
    Driving across the country is never a bad investment,we rather spent 6K for three nights & four days on a ferry through the caribean instead of living, experiencing & enjoying all the multiple locations & variety of options the US offers for much less.
    But there's a group fellow members that has concerns about adding extra mileage on their rigs.
    My question is how much can the VX get hurt by just addind 1K on the odo in less then a week,i wonder why is that a big concern to think about,sooner o later our VX's will hit that number.
    Then we got those members whom seems to get bored drinving 5 or 6 hours,again....we all bought our VX's because is "FUN" to drive so 5 or 6 hours behind the wheel of our beloved toys can't be bored.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Personally, I brought up the mileage issue because I know some people are sensitive about that.

While I have no plans to put daily driver mileage on my VX going forward, a few thousand miles for a worthy event is absolutely ok.

I definitely like some of the ideas I'm hearing. Tech sessions, media coverage, etc. It all sounds interesting. A big VX concours show & tell would be awesome. Even if there is no off-roading involved I think it would still be fun. And who knows, depending on where it takes place and for how long, who's to say we couldn't have a little wheeling event as well as some street type events?

The photos alone would be worth the drive!

Bart

I am a "lurker" and am willing to go half way accross country for a meet. I refuse to go to Utah due to bad luck with the VX in that state, ie blown motor and accident in Salt Lake was without the VX for 6 months between to two. Vegas sounds awsome lots of entertainment and areas to 4x4.

i like Memphis...next to the muddy Mississippi
    Stupid SHOULD be painful

Hmmmmmmmmm......I'm not sure, but I think you are supposed to have at least 15 post to make a request like that.
    Peace.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 05/28/2009 at 07:02 PM
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Memphis isn't a good spot,the best state to held this meet is kansas,if you guys look at a US map you'll figured out that kansas is located right in the middle of the country;From north to south & from west to east.
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 05/28/2009 at 07:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Memphis isn't a good spot,the best state to held this meet is kansas,if you guys at a US map you'll figured out that kansas is located right in the middle of the country;From north to south & from west to east.
    Kansas is also flat as a pancake and nowhere near water - doesn't sound like a fun place to have a 4x4 event.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Kansas is also flat as a pancake and nowhere near water - doesn't sound like a fun place to have a 4x4 event.

The meet is not 4x4 or trail oriented,however isn't out the scoop.Got to remember many VX'ers aren't willing to do so

The meet is not 4x4 or trail oriented,however isn't out the scoop.Got to remember many VX'ers aren't willing to do so
    Still... got to have something to do. What the heck is there to do in Kansas?

My apologies to any Kansas VX'ers out there - I have a feeling that I might have just offended an entire state of people.

We must assume that not all VX'ers would attend but if we get 60% of them out there call it a success
    OMG ! 60% What a sight that would be .Approx.2300 VX's. Count me in .

Central US sounds like a fair compromise . How about a mild month like September , not to hot not to cold?

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    OMG ! 60% What a sight that would be .Approx.2300 VX's. Count me in .

Yeah,I know sounds like a task harder then finding bin laden,I probably meant 60% of all active members

Central US sounds like a fair compromise . How about a mild month like September , not to hot not to cold?
    September month seems doable.
    Few members asked what kansas has to offer for a VX meet...well what about chasing tornados & dodging debries while counting how many cows,horses & pigs going airborne ?

September month seems doable.
    Few members asked what kansas has to offer for a VX meet...well what about chasing tornados & dodging debries while counting how many cows,horses & pigs going airborne ?
    x2, that's the problem with "Central America". It's flat. It's boring. Bet we could get some good BBQ there though!

Ahhh, what the hell. I say we meet in Reno and be done with it.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Still... got to have something to do. What the heck is there to do in Kansas?

My apologies to any Kansas VX'ers out there - I have a feeling that I might have just offended an entire state of people.
    I guess the local VX'ers whom lives or used to live there can share some light concerning that

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    x2, that's the problem with "Central America". It's flat. It's boring. Bet we could get some good BBQ there though!

Ahhh, what the hell. I say we meet in Reno and be done with it.

Bart
    Ok so why don't you guys come over to NYC,we can "seize" downtown manhattan & take over broadway near times square & drop the wifies at macy's LOL

Ok so why don't you guys come over to NYC,we can "seize" downtown manhattan & take over broadway near times square & drop the wifies at macy's LOL
    Nah I think the Dallas/Ft Worth area might be the coolest city remotely close to the central US, even though Houston is better in many categories, it is just a little too south