View Poll Results: Would you support an International VX Meet?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (Only check this if you are serious)

34 50.00%
  • Maybe, sounds cool but......

29 42.65%
  • Maybe, depends on much work I would have to do.

5 7.35%
  • No! Your strokes have made you loose touch with reality!

0 0%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: International VX Meet - Feeler Guage

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Gotta disagree with winter dates for sure...maybe where you live, driving long distances is fun in the middle of winter, but not where I come from...

Also, if the loca is central, winter will be in effect, negating the "looking at each others rides" portion of the program, as well as any potential for trail rides.

Another thing you may have noticed in years past...most folks are kinda BUSY around the holidays...

Other than that...COUNT ME IN!...
    Ya the only reason i couldnt make it to Moab is because i have finals that week. But if it is going to be during some kind of break like winter break i probably wont make it because i go back to Mexico every break to see my family, if it ends up being some other date than a break or final exams week then i am in for sure no matter where it is.
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

I think a GREAT MEET would be great..we could have our own show and shine.....summer time is the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

I'm definitely in. The longer the lead time the better.

Maintenance begets trouble-free mileage.
    I drove the VX across country and half way back this last Winter/Spring.
    Any vehicle driven will have issues. There's no real fear of stranded motorist with cell phone technology.
    'Just drive and live.
    I put money away in a 'oh crap' fund, monthly like I'm paying a small car payment. This is better than a fraudulent extended car warranty, IMHO.

If we get the map right, the farther drivers will be passing by the closer drivers, and mini link-ups could be made for convoying and expedient minor maintenance.

Land Rover club members used to have such a map that I used to my benefit once, as I broke down in my '72 88" Short Wheel Base driving from Georgia to Kansas. I broke an exhaust manifold stud outside of Kansas City and I called a member on the map, there. I had printed out members that were enroute on my trip. I performed a make-shift repair in their garage and spent the day chatting and eating.

Though, such a map would only be useful if members here weren't somewhat inhibited to post their phone numbers in their profiles, signatures, or for a future interactive VX member map. 'Just an observation.

Moncha, you're on to something, here. One other suggestion is to have maintenance/mod sessions. Maybe not a window-fixing party, per say, but if one member had the knowledge and parts and wants to display a repair/mod, he/she produces a how-to paper and demonstrates the repair/mod on his vehicle or someone elses. This would also boost up the unrealized potential of the VX.info how-to section, get members who are maybe nervous about doing certain maintenance (oil/diff fluid change, transmission service/flush), or mod (like me and the rear door popper), and further be a good activity for those who don't wish to offroad.

OK, that's enough from me...
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So far, so good. We beat the idea around a few years ago and it came to a dead stop. No interest at all. Now that we have evolved into such a tight knit group the tides seemed to have changed.

Future steps towards planning will be time, location, events/activities, sponsors/advertising, etc..

This will be a long planning process so once a time frame gets firmed up, it would still be at least 18 months out. The biggest point of this post was to get the cogs a cranking and the juices flowing.

Kenny, you got it 'eh. It's now an international event. Actually, I'd love to see folks from all corners of the earth show up.

Thanks for the responses so far!
    Scott / moncha.com

What a great idea guys and gals.
    What about including a buy and/or swap stand.
    Could be anything from wiper blades to a complete vehicle.
    Merlin, or one of your after market store chains could have a stand to sell their range of parts.
    Perhaps a small commission off the sale of parts could go to offest some of the setup costs.

It would give me the excuse I am looking for, to visit your great country.
    I could fly in direct for just the meet, or even better, hook up with someone traveliing a long distance by themselves, so that they have company, and I get to see some country side.

Barring death or disablement, I am in.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    pk- im POSTIVE you could find a shotgun spot with someone along the way...the fam here in the US is great...

moncha-
    great idea...im in...

dont care how far i have to drive or what it costs me. i didnt buy the VX because its a cheap vehicle. i bought it for the experiences i could have in it, and this would be an awesome one.

maybe someone could get in contact with some car magazines and see what they think of it. a meet of this proportion with such a rare vehicle would have to spark some interest...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post

maybe someone could get in contact with some car magazines and see what they think of it. a meet of this proportion with such a rare vehicle would have to spark some interest...
    Good idea. I'd think someone would be interested in covering a large scale VX meet. If anything it would let them see what kind of folks actually choose to drive these things!

The 95th,100th,and the recent 105TH--these are all HarleyDavidson Reunions. They are Giant monumental undertakings. They all come here -to Milwaukee WI hence there birthplace and corporate headquarters. I don't think we all want to go to Japan do we? I think the closest thing we got is this website. Our "mother ship" is Moncha's Internet server. Not much of a destination. Maybe we go to Merlin's dealership. Kinda centrally located and they'd probly welcome the exposure. Or Vegas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

1999 (2001) Radiant Red 157/175 "lil pwny"
    Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    What a great idea guys and gals.
    What about including a buy and/or swap stand.
    Could be anything from wiper blades to a complete vehicle.
    Merlin, or one of your after market store chains could have a stand to sell their range of parts.
    Perhaps a small commission off the sale of parts could go to offest some of the setup costs.

It would give me the excuse I am looking for, to visit your great country.
    I could fly in direct for just the meet, or even better, hook up with someone traveliing a long distance by themselves, so that they have company, and I get to see some country side.

Barring death or disablement, I am in.

PK
    Hey PK, if this does go ahead and i can afford the time off would you like to travel together? we should hire a car and show the US people which side of the ride is the proper side

Sorry, I think it is a pipe dream. If we lived in a country like the UK where 400 miles you have driven across the country is one thing, but here,.....
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Not sure if I'll be able to visit US for the meet, but I can get together Moscow and surrounding area VXers at the same date, and can ask others to get together in their areas (unfortunately, the driving from one end of the country to another can take up to two weeks in one direction ).
    2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS (build in progress): 4JX1/A340/part time, 2" body lift, front Aisin hubs, rear Aussie Locker, 4.56 gears, OEM rear sway bar disconnect, AirFlow snorkel, cabin air filter
    1980 Jeep Cherokee (assembling): 1.5" body lift, TBI, HEI
    1987 AMC Eagle: stock

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PittVXr View Post
    I like the idea of a big national meet. Maybe not a yearly thing but every 5 or so??? No matter where it would be held, I can't wait to see the looks on all of the local's faces when a fleet of VehiCROSS invade their town!
    and this is why I nominate Mars, PA... "Mission 2 Mars!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Hell lets just fly our VXs to Moscow.. and have it there....

Quote Originally Posted by Hetzer View Post
    Hey PK, if this does go ahead and i can afford the time off would you like to travel together? we should hire a car and show the US people which side of the ride is the proper side
    Hi Hetzer, certainly worth considering.
    I put the heat on the missus to go along, and her comment was "you want to go where........ to look at what........

Of course I knew the answer before I asked the question, at least now she can't say I didn't ask!!!

Lets see what they get going and then we can talk.

PK

Quote Originally Posted by Hetzer View Post
    LOL, I'm about to find out. My Falcon docked in Portland yesterday!

Bart