Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharger

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post
    I shan't say I'm excited, or make any reference to timeframe, there is only so much egg on face a bloke can stand!

Kidding Rob...

Anyone who has ever had any dealings with alpine, wether directly or indirectly, knows what a valuable commodity patience can be...

Good job so far...

So true Dubbs, so true. I believe after 8 years now, I am still waiting on my extended cruise control cable that they forgot to package in, from them, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    Its out of warranty now Worm
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post
    Its out of warranty now Worm
    In my dealings with them, it was out of warranty the second they shipped it.

Got a package!

All the way from Sewth Efrika
    Job #1 of the kits!

Off to the workshop I go!!!!

Awesome! Me wants one!!!!! I'll ship you my VX for testing, wink wink
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    The thing(s) that makes me a little "gunshy" about the development so far...

No fuel rails & no provision for the EGR.

I do realize that this is a process, & also that Alpine Developments moves at a pace that's known to all who have ever had any dealings with them as slooooooooow.

hhhmm, ya the fuel rail thing would need to be addressed but worse comes to worse, you can make your own rails if the stocks won't fit, it's not hard. Get some fuel rail stock, make some brackets, get some injectors, wire up with yuor stock injector wiring, some an- braided lines and fittings and voila! I'd probably run an adjustable FMU on it too to dial in the right amount of fuel since we don't have tuning software yet for these things (probably never will unless you switch to megasquirt for the fuel and ignition controls ). And I wouldn't be too worried about EGR, it can be plumbed up another way or you can delete it all together. Make an adapter plate to dump it behind the throttle body or even in front of the throttle body.

Re: fuel rails and EGR

Ya, but that's a lot of "make" and "mod" yourself for a S/C kit. I would expect to get everything in 1 package (like Alpine attempted to do, but failed) for the amount of $$ I am spending.

And fuel rails need to be JUST RIGHT to work with the injectors. Plenty of thought and planning needs to go into that design. One screw up, and your VX gets a free flame job.

If you've done them before it's not too difficult, especially if the injector bungs are already drilled at the proper angle and diameter to seal/work properly. Depending on the price I would feel the same way. But I'm a tinkerer and love making my own stuff so at the right price this would be right up my alley lol, that and I've done similar stuff before so it's not foreign to me

Agreed fuel rails are not hard if you have done them, and agreed it would be intimidating if you hadnt done them before, and agreed for a premium priced kit you would expect to just bolt it on - we aint HKS!

We are going to have a turn key system too, but I for one would like to accomodate the tinkerers too
    EGR for us on our trucks is a 'dont care' but we also realise that for a lot of people retaining it is important so it wont be forgotten, I imagine as an 'include' option
    Fuel rails will be included, they are not in that pic because *cough* we havent received them yet......
    We are working on cracking the ECU, have got to 'handshake' stage but havent got access to the lookup tables yet....
    That may not help you in the US as our ECU, while still a Delco is different to yours.

Good to hear! Except the part about your ecu being different

Apologies for the fuzzies....late at nite, workshop lighting not the best, iphone blah blah
    We are making progress and we are STILL waiting for the rest of the parts from Alpine....

Sheesh....this has turned into 'Robs Excellent Adventure' - only without the excellent part....not yet anyway

lol I'm just glad your working on it, I REALLY want one of these on my VX, just waiting on you sir hehe It's looking good!

It looks like you can cut the stock fuel rails and join the 2 sides with a piece of high pressure hose to make it fit.

John C.