Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharger

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)

Finally!

Sorry for the huge delay folks and thank you for your patience! Especially you Gus! Petos, I'm not talking to you

Where we at? Manifolds go to CNC this week!
    We will have manifolds crank pulleys idlers fuel rails and inlet pipes in our hands by Christmas time.
    I will load some pics soon, I don't have them on ths PC, but I see someone has posted a link to the Aust 4WD website with them on.
    Pricing of the various components will follow shortly - Alpine have been very helpful but clearly have a lot of projects on the go so this has been a sloooow project.

I'm going to try and PM everyone that mailed me, hopefully you are all waiting to hear from me :lol:

Rob
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post
    Sorry for the huge delay folks and thank you for your patience! Especially you Gus! Petos, I'm not talking to you

Where we at? Manifolds go to CNC this week!
    We will have manifolds crank pulleys idlers fuel rails and inlet pipes in our hands by Christmas time.
    I will load some pics soon, I don't have them on ths PC, but I see someone has posted a link to the Aust 4WD website with them on.
    Pricing of the various components will follow shortly - Alpine have been very helpful but clearly have a lot of projects on the go so this has been a sloooow project.

I'm going to try and PM everyone that mailed me, hopefully you are all waiting to hear from me :lol:

Rob
    LoL robb you are the most wanted man after bin laden !

Thanks for the speedy respond buddy.......
    Dakar was just the begining.

Robb, are you guys fabbing an EGR block from scratch or is it a duplication of the one from the Alpine-Eaton unit? Just curious as I could always use a new one.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Rob
    Rob:
    Pls PM me as well.. I'm not a traitor! still interested, and can help spreading the word..
    Vodka... Connecting people

Pm me too!!!

OK people all the parts are now finished machining, just arranging the shipping from Alpine to us here and we will have some photos to drool over

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    OK people all the parts are now finished machining, just arranging the shipping from Alpine to us here and we will have some photos to drool over
    Good news

LOL
    Oh soo true!!!

PM me three!!!

How close are the kits to being done and for sale? Do fuel pump or injectors need upgrading? How is computer modified? What about the mass air? I'm sure an upgraded meter would increase the performance with a sc. Any pricing ideas? Thanks!!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmonk7663 View Post
    How close are the kits to being done and for sale? Do fuel pump or injectors need upgrading? How is computer modified? What about the mass air? I'm sure an upgraded meter would increase the performance with a sc. Any pricing ideas? Thanks!!!
    FWIW, all the stock bits that you make mention of work fine with the Alpine kit up to 5 lb boost.

Fuel pump, injectors, ECM, MAF, all stock, no issues.
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/13/2010 at 12:26 AM

But what if we get greedy lol. Do we have options for this?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy

That option is sometimes associated with transmissoin replacement...the next weakest link down the line.
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/13/2010 at 12:26 AM

Greedy? There will be options Our 400K+ kilometre test mule will be getting a probgrammable ECU and boost to destruction once the base kit setup is done - although if we see 300kW at the wheels on the dyno with an undamaged engine we may stop there......or not!

Sheesh!

OK people!

Here we are well into 010 and still waiting....manifolds got cast, there was an issue with a core moving which was only discovered when the CNC mill broke thru into a void that should not have been there, and I'm quite sure there has been a lot of New Year procrastination in SA..... however, the first full batch of parts should hit Fedex soon, and pics and detailed postings will follow once I have real 'what we all will be using' parts in my hands.

I shan't say I'm excited, or make any reference to timeframe, there is only so much egg on face a bloke can stand!

OK people!

Here we are well into 010 and still waiting....manifolds got cast, there was an issue with a core moving which was only discovered when the CNC mill broke thru into a void that should not have been there, and I'm quite sure there has been a lot of New Year procrastination in SA..... however, the first full batch of parts should hit Fedex soon, and pics and detailed postings will follow once I have real 'what we all will be using' parts in my hands.

I shan't say I'm excited, or make any reference to timeframe, there is only so much egg on face a bloke can stand!
    This just in: Email from Alpine saying the parts can be packed for Fedex......please note they havent said they ARE packed, but they CAN be
    I thought Australia was a laid back place!