Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A few random thoughts...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Dub, you are a solid voice for the community as a whole and your kind words are only that much more inspiring to this tight knit group. With members like yourself and many, many others here that strive to get together and meet up for various reasons, we will outlive most other car communities. Thanks goes to you.
    I don't know about all that G Man...

But it's awfully nice of you to say...

I do however agree wholeheartedly, the Fam will be around LONG after any other online community anywhere...many of us will be living in the VX commune/plantation/Isuzu salvage yard...

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Larry/Scott- Let me just say, it is awesome that there is a designated forum section just for this!!

So, I have been trying to think of a way I can make both trips happen. If we can plan the Japan trip early enough in the year, and schedule it for sometime NOT during the middle of May, that will be a start. Then, I will just need to figure out a way to take a week off unpaid to go to Moab. Which ALSO means I will need to figure out a way to save enough money to make it work as well.

The road ahead is a challenging one, but I would love to be there next year. Missing Moab this year just wasn't quite right....

Bart
    I see a mop in your future.........
    Last edited by Ldub : 05/22/2009 at 01:09 AM

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post

I get sentimental when I think about selling Zeus because owning a VX has proven to be more than just about owning a car...
    you can always be an honarary member around here...like jay
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Originally, we were planning to go to Japan this year for our anniversary. But as 2008 became 2009, we sorta realized that we didn't really have the money to take the trip, and we also didn't have enough vacation time given some other things going on this year.

Now, what REALLY sucks, is that because the Japan thing didn't happen this year, we are going to seriously try for next year. So I simply have no way of telling at this point how things will pan out for a 2010 trip to Moab for us. If we go to Japan, we will most likely be going for 2 weeks. And that means all my vaca time will be toasted in one lump sum. Now, given that a 2 week trip to Nippon will most likely be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us, I am ok with taking the 2 weeks. But the thought of not having ANY more vaca time for the rest of the year makes me want to .

So, I have been trying to think of a way I can make both trips happen. If we can plan the Japan trip early enough in the year, and schedule it for sometime NOT during the middle of May, that will be a start. Then, I will just need to figure out a way to take a week off unpaid to go to Moab. Which ALSO means I will need to figure out a way to save enough money to make it work as well.

The road ahead is a challenging one, but I would love to be there next year. Missing Moab this year just wasn't quite right....

Bart
    I have been to Japan twice. Its okay but I will take Moab any day!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    you can always be an honarary member around here...like jay
    And Jim......

Well...0340 & boredom setting in...

Couldn't help but notice as I walked into the building at 0000, the smell from all the flowering crab trees around here is PHENOMINAL!!!
    Like perfume in the air...haven't smelled anything so nice since the last time I walked by a magnolia tree...FAR too long ago.

I spilled ramen noodle juice on my keyboard, so no typo's are my fault..well, I guess they are.....

Looking at "who's online", makes me wonder why a google spider is trying to create an event...

0415: Just stepped outside for a mo-mo...birds already starting to chirp in the trees, though sunrise is still a ways off...

The trees still smell great.

Patrol should be here soon to relieve me for my lunch break.

Had a micro down at the Great Falls (MT) location, back up now, so I can see their cameras again...

If you have a Noridian Mutual, or Blue Cross/Blue Shield office in your town, I can see you & what you're doing 24/7/365...

We rent bandwidth from Santa...

I monitor cameras, alarms & electronic locks/turnstiles all across ND, & also in MN, MT, WA, OR, AZ & UT.

I like to monitor this cam, but there is nothing to see at night...http://www.honolulu.gov/multimed/waikiki.asp
    Last edited by Ldub : 12/03/2009 at 04:18 AM

Thanks again for watching over the place while I get my rest. Makes me feel good that my baby has a sitter.

A point on the "Google Spider" as well as others is they aren't actually "trying" to create an event or any other things that we can do. They are only following the link. Once they can go no farther then they switch to another link and follow it. They follow links and "Document" the text that is on the page (If allowed) then go to the next link. To be more efficient, the search engines send as many "bots" as a site can support. Sometimes they send to many and they may make so many requests to a server that it is viewed as an attack and if the server's security settings are set properly, it will shut down certain services or all together out of self preservation. Such a thing happened this AM. Our noble Watchman caught it in action and the server did as told and shut down. All is fine in cyber land and all event logs show clear. ** Education over**

Thank you again my friend for being our front against those cyber threats.
    Scott / moncha.com

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    Thanks again for watching over the place while I get my rest. Makes me feel good that my baby has a sitter.

A point on the "Google Spider" as well as others is they aren't actually "trying" to create an event or any other things that we can do. They are only following the link. Once they can go no farther then they switch to another link and follow it. They follow links and "Document" the text that is on the page (If allowed) then go to the next link. To be more efficient, the search engines send as many "bots" as a site can support. Sometimes they send to many and they may make so many requests to a server that it is viewed as an attack and if the server's security settings are set properly, it will shut down certain services or all together out of self preservation. Such a thing happened this AM. Our noble Watchman caught it in action and the server did as told and shut down. All is fine in cyber land and all event logs show clear. ** Education over**

Thank you again my friend for being our front against those cyber threats.
    No problem Boss...glad to help out when I can.

Actually, it was more a case of me seeing a butt load of "guests" in the "who's online" screen, & freaking out...
    Sorry if I called too early...

aw man dub...i was up til 4 last night.

but i dont have internet at my new casa yet so i couldnt come online and visit with you

cool music on that cam....alot of people like to get there pics taken next to that statue...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    cool music on that cam....alot of people like to get there pics taken next to that statue...lol
    You shoulda seen it on May day (Lei Day in HI)...
    Both his arms were COVERED in a profusion of beautiful flower leis...

I can’t believe I didn’t read this thread sooner. You’ve nailed it, this site is very special and I’m honored to be a part of such unique group. Who ever said you can’t choose your family was dead wrong.

I know a way you can go on both trips Bart! You see, there is something very valuable inside all of us…………………………Plasma!
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    You see, there is something very valuable inside all of us…………………………Plasma!
    thats exactly how i paid my last 8 months of my VX payment...$90 a week for donating....

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    aw man dub...i was up til 4 last night.

but i dont have internet at my new casa yet so i couldnt come online and visit with you
    You'll get it together... It just takes time.

There are VERY few things I hate worse than moving...

That's why I've been in the same crumbly abode (literally) for thirteen years.

On another topic (there is no such thing as a thread jack in larryland...) I'm sitting at my home desk, marveling at the clarity of my new 18.5" (as large as space allow) Samsung syncmaster 933 flatpanel computer monitor...

SWEET...no more "flintstone monitor"...

Thanks for the advice on the install Boss...
    Last edited by Ldub : 05/26/2009 at 11:13 AM Reason: punk-sha-muh-wayshin

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    SWEET...no more "flintstone monitor"...
    Yes, switching to LCDs was a monumental upgrade for me as well. They are better for your eyes, give off less heat and EMP, consume less power, take up less space, cats can't sit on them, the list goes on.

Bart

Yes, switching to LCDs was a monumental upgrade for me as well. They are better for your eyes, give off less heat and EMP, consume less power, take up less space, cats can't sit on them, the list goes on.

Bart
    Well...It wasn't THAT Flintstonian...

My old monitor was an LCD flatpanel, unfortunately, it was only about 15"...

It was also nearly five years old & had a few bum pixels.

Also, I've been spoiled by the bank of 4 larger monitors I look at at work.

Hey, I can rationalize a purchace with the best of em'...
    Last edited by Ldub : 06/12/2009 at 12:44 AM