Thread: Thinking about selling my VX

Thinking about selling my VX

I hate to sell it, but I just bought the wifey a new 2010 Ford Fusion Sport, traded in her 05 Mustang V6 for a more family friendly ride.

Anyways, I have invested a good bit of time and money fixing some things that needed fixing. There aren't any major problems with it, no lights/errors. The only problems are with the factory 16 inch wheels (center cap bolts broken) and the drivers side window regulator seems to have a keeper tab broken off. Has SBC brackets on both windows and on the spare tire cover.
    Since I don't have to sell it, I would want 6500 or so. I'm just putting this out there to test the waters...
    Current mileage is around 111,000 to 112,000. I'm near Memphis TN.

Does this sound reasonable?

Here is a thread with more info on it:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15162

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    FWIW, I've been trying to sell my quite-similar but supercharged VX in CT for the last couple of months (with no luck), and my asking price is down to $8250. I'm figuring that I'm asking a premium of $2.5k for the S/C, which means a "stock" price of $5750 for my '99 Astral VX in good condition with 107k miles on it.

I thought that was about right, but maybe it's still too high (seeing as it is not selling...).

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    FWIW, I've been trying to sell my quite-similar but supercharged VX in CT for the last couple of months (with no luck), and my asking price is down to $8250. I'm figuring that I'm asking a premium of $2.5k for the S/C, which means a "stock" price of $5750 for my '99 Astral VX in good condition with 107k miles on it.

I thought that was about right, but maybe it's still too high (seeing as it is not selling...).

Good luck!
    Wow. Thanks for the response. That's too bad. Hard to find an S/C these days. I might just sit on it for a while then. I am just getting too light in the bank accounts for my own comfort and if I keep the VX, I want to add a rear locker and other mods that will just cost me more money...

Anyways, thanks again, and good luck to you as well.

You are both fair....nothing is selling right now. Only folks that seem to be buying, are ones that have no choice. People like that, are buying lot cars....mostly. But times are changing