Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL 2009 MOAB ZUZOO PICS and STORIES THREAD!

Smile Moab 2009 pics

more....

Last edited by VX KAT : 05/16/2009 at 09:42 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Some of fav pics from Moab

Dead Horse Point State Park overlook

At sunset from our campsite in Dead Horse Point S.P. Simply magnificant colors!

Last edited by VX KAT : 05/16/2009 at 09:51 PM

Smile And some people pics too.....

And some fun pics from our potluck Tuesday eve. There's many more pics in my gallery too of this and some trail pics.

Our great trail leaders Todd & Linda Adams

Zeus & part of Menace on the leash, Tom (tomdietrying), Gizmo, Jack (pbkid), Greg (Orion), and CeCe (VXIRONwoMAN) in the background (I know I missed a few, sorry, can't recall all the names in all these pics)

Zeus, Orion, Richard (Kodiak), Kenny, Rowhard

Todd & Scott (Moncha), Larry, Gil in the background

Who's this guy? Looks like the dubster may be a bit confused....

Nah, guess not, guess he's just deep in thought....but does have a pretty creepy stare goin' on here.....or maybe he had too many chocolate monkeys the night before...;oop;
    Last edited by VX KAT : 05/16/2009 at 09:43 PM

News alert...
    Dub is a true die hard VXer! A few nights back a fund was collected and Larry got inked! A wicked skull with VX in bones under it. It looks sweet. Pics will come soon as Moncha documented this monumental event in pics!

Today was a long day on the trail. Two of us covered about 90 miles on the trail. It was mostly scenic with just a few rough spots. We did a loop consisting of White Rim, Lathrop Canyon, Scafer Trail (the switchbacks) and Long Canyon.
    Pics will have to wait till I get home. We are heading out to eat and then heading out for the drive home in the morning. We will swing through Canyon de Chelly on the way home!
    Till then...Happy Trails!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    News alert...
    Dub is a true die hard VXer! A few nights back a fund was collected and Larry got inked! A wicked skull with VX in bones under it. It looks sweet. Pics will come soon as Moncha documented this monumental event in pics!
    never a doubt in the dumster being a die hard VXer. Can I paypal to the fund that was collected?

That sounds like a fun ride, but 90 miles, wow,.... wish I had been there with you.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

I Need To Know

I need to know, who besides me, (twice) was strapped on again and again? Dennis you don't count, you have a good excuse. I was number 2, so I don't know. Now be honest

Thanks to everyone for coming together again.

I just got back to Dallas a few hours ago. I think I'm getting some Moab withdrawls. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures to make my withdrawls just a little bit easier to take.

Every trail was incredible this year. If I had to put them in an order, here is my top 5 list.

#5. Plateau Dome
    #4. Fins-N-Things
    #3. Porcupine Rim
    #2. Poison Spider
    #1. Kane Creek

As always, it was GREAT to see old friends. Equally GREAT are the new friends I met too.

Peace and Happy Trails
    Tom
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 05/16/2009 at 07:13 PM
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

WOW it feels like I was almost there ...THX guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    Whos that on the right of the pic in the VXmafia shirt? When did whoever it is get it? We had a bunch made up last year at the Tshirt store there.

Fixed!

Thanks Billy- I've edited the 2 posts. Odd, I even had Dave boot up and go to the site as a visitor to see how those 2 posts displayed....looked the same as my computer showed, 2 across, no problem....thanks for letting me know so I'll do that regardless of how they "appear" on my computer. Weird, oh well!

Dub can't wait to see the ink! :bgwp:

Ahg, trying to live the MOAB experience vicariously through this thread is killing me!

Next year, MOAB or bust! I have to treat myself to it as long as field training doesn't conflict.

VXkat, before you changed it, it appeared two across on my computer too.... (macOSX, safari 4 beta)

Thumbs up

Thanks Thmstec for solving that! Yes, we both have macs....so Safari is the reason!

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    I need to know, who besides me, (twice) was strapped on again and again? Dennis you don't count, you have a good excuse. I was number 2, so I don't know. Now be honest
    Rowhard, great meeting you & got to tell ya, loved seeing a Dragon in person for the first time. Your VX seems to be only 2nd to rickshaw's in being so clean! I'm pretty sure you haven't washed & waxed the undercarriage. You Dragon guys make it look soooo good! Also, your wheels are just too awesome, and I'm soooooooo tempted. I didn't even ask the brand/style as it'd only get me in $$ trouble real quick....and of course then I'd have to get the Terra Grapplers too....OH NOOOO....I see $$$$ trouble ahead!!!!! ;eekp;;eekp;;eekp;;eekp;
    Last edited by VX KAT : 05/18/2009 at 10:48 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Whos that on the right of the pic in the VXmafia shirt? When did whoever it is get it? We had a bunch made up last year at the Tshirt store there.
    That's Todd.

What a blast! Great to see all you guys again, and meet the ones I hadnt seen before. Didnt get to see most of you after the pot luck dinner. Was on the run with Travis when Mike (trooper trouble as he's now known) lost the clutch in his 1st gen. Closest we could find was in Grand Junction so I drove them out there friday morning then Mike and I put it in when we got back. 6-7 hrs later he was mobile again. Then saturday I decided to go with Desha for an easy run to gemini bridges and I somehow destroyed a front shock.

Great pics all around. I didnt get around to seeing all the posts while at camp. Too tired by the time I went to bed and had the laptop out.

What day did you guys do porcupine rim? Thats one that I was thinking of doing this year but never got to it. Will have to do it next year if someone goes.

rowhard, most had to be strapped, I think there were 5 or 6 that werent (counting the FJ and Steves trooper). I made the first ledge pretty easy but had to be strapped on the 2nd one becuase my rodeo is too long of wheel base and too low. I was getting hung up on the t-bar cross member (which is now kinda bent) and gas tank skid plate. I might have made it with some more rock stacking but I was at the back and by the time I got there just wanted to move on. So I tried a few times then asked to be strapped. I was one of the few without a strap hanging off the back the rest of the day because I had Steve behind me with his locked RS and 35s

For those interested that havent seen I have some pics mostly of my rodeo on the planet. Most are from the 2 runs I did alone. Mineral Point, cuz I had some time to kill and nobody was doing a trail I felt like doing that day, and top of the world, cuz I left camp really late and wanted to do something.

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?p=225512

EDIT to add: For those who havent seen potato salad hill, here are a couple videos from 2 yrs ago of Dallas in his super trooper buggy and Tammy in her rodeo on it to give you an idea of what its like..

Last edited by Gizmo42 : 05/17/2009 at 05:39 PM